watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Press Conference tomorrow in Florida

Started by rusty shackleford, July 18, 2013, 08:17:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rusty shackleford

...featuring Khan, Jol, Mackintosh and Brede apparently.

Accoring to Ryan O Halloran on Twitter (writer for the Florida Times)

Hearing that #jaguars owner Shad Khan is having press conference in Jacksonville tomorrow that will include Fulham manager Martin Jol.

press conference tomorrow will feature Khan, Fulham CEO Alistair Mackintosh, Manager Martin Jol and team captain Brede Hangeland. #Jaguars

Danitar

Sounds big news if true, I hope it's good news

rusty shackleford

Probably just rolling out the same lines we've already heard. Be interesting seeing him and Jol together tho

Big Martin Jol

That's interesting. It's a pretty long way to go considering we have another game in three days - probably a good 4,000km round trip.

Khan might just want to take the opportunity to do a press conference whilst Jol is in the general vicinity but the fact that they're going to such great lengths (and that it's happening in Jacksonville rather than London) does surprise me a little bit.
Scott Parker is the greatest living Englishman.

SP

Perhaps they'll announce Big Phil has signed a contract extension?

:005:

General

Quote from: Big Martin Jol on July 18, 2013, 09:24:55 PM
That's interesting. It's a pretty long way to go considering we have another game in three days - probably a good 4,000km round trip.

Khan might just want to take the opportunity to do a press conference whilst Jol is in the general vicinity but the fact that they're going to such great lengths (and that it's happening in Jacksonville rather than London) does surprise me a little bit.

Or Costa Rica as originally touted... I don't like the fact that the club and our plans are having to cater to khans plans and go to him... It's disruptive and if he genuinely cared about the club and our preseason then he would've come to us.. It's clear we're not a top priority for him. Even bill gates travels to see people who work for him.

Apprentice to the Maestro

I doubt that it will be any more than introducing Fulham to the Jacksonville and American audience with our manager and captain.

Just imagine the complaints on here if any real football news was first announced in Florida rather than at Craven Cottage.

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: General on July 18, 2013, 09:33:58 PM

Or Costa Rica as originally touted... I don't like the fact that the club and our plans are having to cater to khans plans and go to him... It's disruptive and if he genuinely cared about the club and our preseason then he would've come to us.. It's clear we're not a top priority for him. Even bill gates travels to see people who work for him.

See the complaints have already started.

Jol and Brede missing one day of fitness training is hardly going to scupper our preparations.

And it may turn out that Khan goes to Costa Rica with Jol and Brede after the press conference.

Junichi

that dutch idiot is taken.....a trip to Florida!

Rupert

Maybe he is going to announce an exciting new initiative which will see Fulham's home games gradually transfer over to this nice stadium he owns in Florida... 086.gif
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

westcliff white

They will prob miss two actually but you point is valid
Every day is a Fulham day

Me-ate-Live, innit??

We have to start thinking big !!!
They probably travelled on Khan's big old boat ( the one that cost twice as much as Fulham )  and it probably has a pitch on deck for Brede to train and Jol  went fishing.  

Admin

And most likely unveil Peter Odemwingie, Lee Catermolle and poxy Phil Bardsley  fp.gif  

costarican white

Quote from: General on July 18, 2013, 09:33:58 PM

Really? You concluded all that with just a gossip? You are kidding right?

PS. Really?
Wherever there's a Costa Rican... there's peace.

Big Martin Jol

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on July 18, 2013, 09:38:56 PM
See the complaints have already started.

Jol and Brede missing one day of fitness training is hardly going to scupper our preparations.

And it may turn out that Khan goes to Costa Rica with Jol and Brede after the press conference.

I'm not really complaining - more wondering if there's any wider significance to the fact that a) they're putting quite a lot of effort into what seems to be a fairly standard introductory press conference and b) it's an interesting choice of venue (now confirmed as Jaguars' EverBank Field) for a media event centred around Fulham. Probably not.

The two days out for the manager/captain aren't ideal preparation for our final game in Costa Rica, but there are others to take their places and at the end of the day it's only a friendly. I'm not worried.
Scott Parker is the greatest living Englishman.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Aaron posted this on Twatter
Aaron Hughes ‏@AaronHughes18 54s
Day off today, so had a go at zip lining this morning. Good fun. I think to do it properly through the rainforest would be amazing though.

so there are doing it on their day off .......................no sweat !!!!

General

Quote from: KCat on July 18, 2013, 10:37:09 PM
Aaron posted this on Twatter
Aaron Hughes ‏@AaronHughes18 54s
Day off today, so had a go at zip lining this morning. Good fun. I think to do it properly through the rainforest would be amazing though.

so there are doing it on their day off .......................no sweat !!!!

Unless it was their day off because of the meeting?

psand22

I think we're overreacting myself.  It's not that long of a flight from San Jose to Jacksonville.  Take the private jet and shake a few hands and kiss a few babies and back in no time at all.   

Me-ate-Live, innit??

General ..................................................This is the guy who posted the news it's at 16:00 tomorrow  21:00 our time and there will be something about it on  Fulhamfc after that time .................

Ryan O'Halloran
@ryanohalloran
Jaguars beat writer for the Florida Times-Union. Native of North Dakota, Kansas State alum, former resident of NY and Virginia.
Jacksonville, FL · jacksonville.com/sports
Hearing that #jaguars owner Shad Khan is having press conference in Jacksonville tomorrow that will include Fulham manager Martin Jol.

Ryan O'Halloran ‏@ryanohalloran 2h
#Jaguars agree to terms with Evans; all picks will be at start of camp. http://bit.ly/1avmLQx
Details
Ryan O'Halloran ‏@ryanohalloran 2h
For the Fulham folks, Fri's quick trip to Jacksonville is for CEO/coach/captain to tour EverBank Field and for Shad to talk  local media.

Lighthouse

There will be a joke about Brede playing for the Jags, Jol saying something nobody understand and our new owner saying that he will destroy the Earth and become 'Chief taker of souls'.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope