more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Press Conference tomorrow in Florida

Started by rusty shackleford, July 18, 2013, 08:17:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Not this time Lofty  064.gif
because......................................Sarah Brookes posted this an hour ago

‏@sarahbrookes1
edited bits from the visit, it's a briefing rather than conference, lots of pictures.

Lighthouse

Reality IS boring

OR IS IT?

Well yes it is
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

YankeeJim

Quote from: General on July 18, 2013, 09:33:58 PM
Quote from: Big Martin Jol on July 18, 2013, 09:24:55 PM
That's interesting. It's a pretty long way to go considering we have another game in three days - probably a good 4,000km round trip.

Khan might just want to take the opportunity to do a press conference whilst Jol is in the general vicinity but the fact that they're going to such great lengths (and that it's happening in Jacksonville rather than London) does surprise me a little bit.

Or Costa Rica as originally touted... I don't like the fact that the club and our plans are having to cater to khans plans and go to him... It's disruptive and if he genuinely cared about the club and our preseason then he would've come to us.. It's clear we're not a top priority for him. Even bill gates travels to see people who work for him.

Kind of early for this since no one knows what cooking. If you have some insight, share it.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

valdeingruo

Quote from: YankeeJim on July 19, 2013, 01:20:48 AM
Quote from: Big Martin Jol on July 18, 2013, 09:24:55 PM
That's interesting. It's a pretty long way to go considering we have another game in three days - probably a good 4,000km round trip.

Khan might just want to take the opportunity to do a press conference whilst Jol is in the general vicinity but the fact that they're going to such great lengths (and that it's happening in Jacksonville rather than London) does surprise me a little bit.

Or Costa Rica as originally touted... I don't like the fact that the club and our plans are having to cater to khans plans and go to him... It's disruptive and if he genuinely cared about the club and our preseason then he would've come to us.. It's clear we're not a top priority for him. Even bill gates travels to see people who work for him.

Kind of early for this since no one knows what cooking. If you have some insight, share it.

I believe it is early to be paranoid. Jacksonville is gearing up for their new season and its very close in terms of flight time.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

zschwartz

He may very well do both but it is a bit unfortunate. It not just the days that it takes from preparation/rest, it's another series of flights and interviews and distractions amidst the general chaos of the present circumstances. there's no paranoia in that concern... i don't think we expect anything from this press conference and that may even make it a bit worse. It is not that big of a deal, but it is inconsiderate.

zschwartz

Quote from: andersons11 on July 19, 2013, 01:25:58 AM
I believe it is early to be paranoid. Jacksonville is gearing up for their new season and its very close in terms of flight time.
3+ hours either way is very close? its not terrible but it's not quite in the neighborhood.

OHfulhamfan

I think the audience for this is the folks in Jacksonville. Bear in mind Fulham supporters know a lot more about the NFL then NFL fans know about Fulham. I would guess most Jaguar fans have never heard of the club.

Khan You Dig It

For those interested, it looks like the press conference is going to be streamed live here:

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/default.aspx

btings

Quote from: OHfulhamfan on July 19, 2013, 03:24:34 AM
I think the audience for this is the folks in Jacksonville. Bear in mind Fulham supporters know a lot more about the NFL then NFL fans know about Fulham. I would guess most Jaguar fans have never heard of the club.

I think this is exactly right.

dino1828

Oh hello Jags fan here and the fans here have embraced Fulham and Shad is cross promoting the teams I think they will announce a game to be played here in Jacksonville.

JBH

I've heard that they will be unveiling Brian McBride as part of the new Fulham set up and the re-signing of Clint Dempsey.

065.gif

Holders

Quote from: dino1828 on July 19, 2013, 06:13:16 AM

Oh hello Jags fan here and the fans here have embraced Fulham and Shad is cross promoting the teams I think they will announce a game to be played here in Jacksonville.

I suspect rather more had heard of Fulham FC in the US than Jacksonville NFL team in the UK! That's not to be disrespectful or stir an argument but we know there are plenty of people who follow football in the US and have at least heard of Fulham because of Mc Bride, Dempsey, Bocanagra, Johnson etc.  We're mainly having these discussions on this board because of the number of Americans already here for that reason, not just because of some new interest following Mr Khan's new involvement.Those following NFL in the UK - very few, although some are quite vocal!

Any change of ownership inevitably brings uncertainty and concern as to whether the new owner will respect and care for the club as we'd all wish. It is interesting and reassuring to hear therefore that Jacksonville fans like him and leap to support him when we have expressed our concerns. To keep the club in its home town when there was a move to relocate somewhere else sounds familiar and it's reassuring that he did that. Holding a few games in London is largely irrelevant because for all the reasons that have been aired recently it will just be a curiosity and simply will not catch on.

Some of my fellow English Fulham fans appear to be a little paranoid about Mac, Jol and Hangeland being dragged off to Jacksonville at this time and feel that "the mountain should have gone to Mohammed". Well I don't see the problem. Mac will have to liaise closely with him and they need to get to know and understand each other well, likewise Jol and it's good and unusual to see the team captain involved in this way as well. They can't see how he works and operates in London or Costa Rica. It's a perfect opportunity. It's important to make the most of the mutual learning opportunities and synergies. Not that we want ruddy great video boards at each end flashing adverts (or would ever get planning permission, thank goodness!) but more prosaic, relevant matters. Neither would it hurt to play a game in Jacksonville as a promotional exercise. Presumably there would be a suitable team in the area.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Jeroen

That would be wicked - Fulham vs Tottenham in Jacksonville (under the condition that all ST holders are flown in for this as well by Mr Tash)

alfie

I am quite amazed at some of the comments on here, i reckon if Khan opened a window to let some air in someone on here would see something sinister in his actions.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Riverside

Owner , manager , CEO and MD
Forget the press junket .
Next week should be a very interesting one in the transfer market .
Which of the existing targets do we try and go through with ?
Will there be new targets ?

Holders

Quote from: Riverside on July 19, 2013, 08:53:39 AM
Owner , manager , CEO and MD
Forget the press junket .
Next week should be a very interesting one in the transfer market .
Which of the existing targets do we try and go through with ?
Will there be new targets ?

Much more to the point - and novel to involve the captain as well, though not in the detailed discussions presumably.

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

Quote from: alfie on July 19, 2013, 08:17:09 AM
I am quite amazed at some of the comments on here, i reckon if Khan opened a window to let some air in someone on here would see something sinister in his actions.

With all that air conditioning,  why would he open a window? What are you not telling us?

b+w geezer

Had the training camp been in Europe, that would be different, but since it's a hop and skip by U.S. standards, this is courteous all round. Given the portability of NFL franchises, expect it to be stressed to Jaguars fans that these are two quite separate clubs, set to stay where they are. Little else to be expected, but broad smiles and photo opps (a stetson for Texas-born Brede possibly?) Behind the scenes let's hope that Jol is given some spending money, though. He'll surely be expecting that and the squad is bound to ask about it when he returns.

Holders

Quote from: Edwatch_Winston_Malone on July 19, 2013, 09:23:28 AM
Quote from: alfie on July 19, 2013, 08:17:09 AM

With all that air conditioning,  why would he open a window? What are you not telling us?

Perhaps he farts

Admin

Quote from: JBH on July 19, 2013, 06:37:36 AM
I've heard that they will be unveiling Brian McBride as part of the new Fulham set up and the re-signing of Clint Dempsey.

065.gif

Funny you should mention that. I heard from quite a good source that the club was interested in installing McBride as Ambassador of Football at Fulham.