ToodlesMcToot

"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

ToodlesMcToot

"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Sammyffc

Khan You Dig It

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Loving this !!!

http://colepepper.com/2013/07/jacksonville-restaurant-adds-fulham-sandwich-to-menu/
There is a photo of the sarnie !!!

Jacksonville Restaurant Adds Fulham Sandwich to Menu
Leave a reply
Fulham sandwich Pinegrove

by Cole Pepper

Ever since Shad Khan purchased Fulham FC of the English Premier League, sports fans in Jacksonville have begun jumping on the bandwagon. Jacksonville has, by proxy, adopted Fulham as the city's favorite English soccer team.

And now, an Avondale restaurant is joining in.

Pine Grove Market and Deli (1511 Pinegrove Ave., Jacksonville, FL 32205) has rolled out a sandwich they're calling "The Fulham."

"We were already working on the sandwich, but we didn't have a name for it," said Ron Bajalia of Pinegrove. "My buddy came up with the name and it just works perfectly."

The sandwich (shown above) consists of "homemade London Broil fresh from our butcher shop, with Gruyere cheese and a homemade horseradish cream on a pretzel roll!" according to Pinegrove's facebook page and costs $10.

Everything was made from scratch for the sandwich, except the pretzel roll. It's the only sandwich Pinegrove offers that uses the pretzel bun.

Reaction to the sandwich has been very good. They sold out on Friday.

cmg

Quote from: KCat on July 19, 2013, 07:36:15 PM
Loving this !!!

http://colepepper.com/2013/07/jacksonville-restaurant-adds-fulham-sandwich-to-menu/

Leave a reply

by Cole Pepper

Ever since Shad Khan purchased Fulham FC of the English Premier League, sports fans in Jacksonville have begun jumping on the bandwagon. Jacksonville has, by proxy, adopted Fulham as the city's favorite English soccer team.

Pine Grove Market and Deli (1511 Pinegrove Ave., Jacksonville, FL 32205) has rolled out a sandwich they're calling "The Fulham."

'I want it NOW!'

Ordar

I have to say, I'm actually quite excited about the future. There can't be any negatives with being so closely linked with an NFL team, and the cross marketing possibilities are good.

Also good to see from the pictures how warm the meeting between Khan Brede and Jol was. Really good to see.

I know some people on here are quite skeptical but I'm going to continue to be extremely positive about things until proven wrong

OHfulhamfan

Quote from: dino1828 on July 19, 2013, 06:23:21 PM
Here is a link to the study conducted to gauge soccer's popularity in America. Oh my son knows were Canada is on a map oh he can point out England to he is 5.

http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/relegationzone/id/262?cc=5901

That article makes a lot of sense. I don't interact with the 12-24 demographic, but I can see where soccer would be more popular with that age group than it is with us old farts. I agree with the rocket ship on the launching pad analogy. I think the what the sport needs to launch is a Michael Jordan type figure for the USMNT that leads it on a deep run in a world cup.

SKSW6

Happy as long as we don't get any of those cheerleaders coming over for HT at our games.

alexbishop

Quote from: SKSW6 on July 19, 2013, 07:56:47 PM
Happy as long as we don't get any of those cheerleaders coming over for HT at our games.

Excuse me...?
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

YankeeJim

Quote from: alexbishop on July 19, 2013, 08:02:17 PM

Excuse me...?

Now, now. Everyone dances to their own tune. I can say that I saw 6 tunes I liked very much!

Rest assured, US tour next year with a match in Jacksonville!
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

SKSW6

Excuse me...?

Cheerleaders are one of the worst and most awkward americanisations of football around imo. Half time should be fat blokes trying to hit a cross-bar, or kids from local schools playing against each other. They're maybe not quite as bad as that geezer dressed as a woman flogging his play, or those tenors of rock from last season, but they're still pretty bad.

BedsFFC

Quote from: btings on July 19, 2013, 07:19:56 PM

064.gif

This to me just screams....BENNY HILL ...cue music, and jol pulling khans tache, then ensues a chase round the ground with the cheerleaders losing items of clothing

YankeeJim

Quote from: SKSW6 on July 19, 2013, 08:17:05 PM

Excuse me...?

Cheerleaders are one of the worst and most awkward americanisations of football around imo. Half time should be fat blokes trying to hit a cross-bar, or kids from local schools playing against each other. They're maybe not quite as bad as that geezer dressed as a woman flogging his play, or those tenors of rock from last season, but they're still pretty bad.

Like I said, if fat guys hitting a crossbar is your tune, sing it loud.
How about scantily clad sweeties trying to hit a crossbar?  (Notice ladies, I didn't specify a gender).
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

jmh

Quote from: KCat on July 19, 2013, 07:36:15 PM
Loving this !!!

Leave a reply

by Cole Pepper

"We were already working on the sandwich, but we didn't have a name for it," said Ron Bajalia of Pinegrove. "My buddy came up with the name and it just works perfectly."

The sandwich (shown above) consists of "homemade London Broil fresh from our butcher shop, with Gruyere cheese and a homemade horseradish cream on a pretzel roll!" according to Pinegrove's facebook page and costs $10.

Everything was made from scratch for the sandwich, except the pretzel roll. It's the only sandwich Pinegrove offers that uses the pretzel bun.

Reaction to the sandwich has been very good. They sold out on Friday.
It may be too soon to say how well Khan's tenure will turn out for Fulham, but in the meantime that certainly sounds like a good sandwich.  Pretzel rolls are delicious and underutilized.

SKSW6

Quote from: YankeeJim on July 19, 2013, 08:20:52 PM
Quote from: SKSW6 on July 19, 2013, 08:17:05 PM

Excuse me...?

Like I said, if fat guys hitting a crossbar is your tune, sing it loud.
How about scantily clad sweeties trying to hit a crossbar?  (Notice ladies, I didn't specify a gender).

People may groan when I say it, but it just seems a bit seedy to me the idea of a bunch of men leering at said women. As well as that I feel like we're better than that as a club, one that is generally associated with understated class and old school values, which cheerleaders aren't and never have been a part of.

This isn't me having a pop at the US btw, there are just a lot of aspects of American sport which I wouldn't want to be incorporated into Fulham or football in general, and likewise I doubt US sports would want a lot of ours.

cmg

Quote from: BedsFFC on July 19, 2013, 08:18:42 PM

This to me just screams....BENNY HILL ...cue music, and jol pulling khans tache, then ensues a chase round the ground with the cheerleaders losing items of clothing

Sounds great. Certain sell-out and we wouldn't even need to fork out for a new CM.

btings