watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Riise: I am leaving Fulham this summer

Started by Hoppus, August 09, 2013, 04:57:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoppus

The Norwegian newspaper "Nettavisen" now report that Riise is set to leave Fulham. They says he will leave the club this summer, and the club will let him go free.

Link (in Norwegian only): http://www.nettavisen.no/sport/fotball/article3660439.ece

Rhys Lightning 63

I'm assuming he means this summer and not next year. Just double check, incase something got lost in translation
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

LBNo11

...oh! umm, OK then, ermm, thanks for your debut game, and..?
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

EJL

Admin

I think Jol was being as blind as a bat if he thought Riise was going to be the answer at left back this season. Richardson isn't much better, be he won't play no more than 5 games in a row so I hope this means we've got a replacement lined up. Riise is one of those players that if you force him to stay, he'll sulk so that won't help our cause any further.

Oh well, yet another dilemma to try and fix with a week to go until the start of the season.  fp.gif

horse1031

i like Riise but not sure why.  He seems like he did better than he really did.  OK defensively...  never scored for Fulham

too bad but probably the right choice.  We better get someone on the left though before the summer ends.

Whiteroom

Seems slightly out of the blue. I can't really see where he would go? Can't see prem team queuing up. Norway, Italy?

farfouille

Quote from: horse1031 on August 09, 2013, 05:24:00 PM
i like Riise but not sure why.  He seems like he did better than he really did.  OK defensively...  never scored for Fulham

too bad but probably the right choice.  We better get someone on the left though before the summer ends.

Same here, I like him, not sure why. Probably because he looks like a positive guy, seems like he cares about the club and gives his 100% (which is not enough, unfortunately).

By the way, he didn't score but one of his shots found the net with the help of Hooiveld when we drew with Southampton last season - close enough for me.
"Everybody's assuming [Berbatov will go] but as far as I know he is a Man United player....my mistake. Oh my God. He's a Fulham player."
- Rene Meulensteen

fulham traveller

like him past his best, we bought him 10 years to late

FFCByTheRiver

He retweeted the article about him leaving. Read into that what you will!

Hopefully yeah, this means we have something else lined up at LB. What's Riise's wages btw?

Lighthouse

It has been a few years since we had a decent left back. Odd that he should come out and say he is leaving. But to be honest we have all said we need a new back as long as Richardson isn't considered the answer to any question I can think of.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

fulhamben

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 09, 2013, 05:41:28 PM
It has been a few years since we had a decent left back. Odd that he should come out and say he is leaving. But to be honest we have all said we need a new back as long as Richardson isn't considered the answer to any question I can think of.
have you thought of..... Which premier league player has the weakest hamstrings in the world?
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Lighthouse

Quote from: fulhamben on August 09, 2013, 05:43:28 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on August 09, 2013, 05:41:28 PM
have you thought of..... Which premier league player has the weakest hamstrings in the world?

:005: I stand corrected. Which is more than Richardson does.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

BarryP

So if Briggs is yo be loaned out and Riise will  be let go on a free there has to be a plan to bring someone in right? Perhaps someone that could provide cover in both FB positions.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

Humbled

He wasn't happy on Monday when he didn't play....
Remember him making a sideways comment on twitter afterwards, not sure if its still there.

General

Perhaps jols got someone else in mind - another one of the magnificent seven he was harping on about.

Herbie

I sit in H2 and so I get a good view of Riise in the first half.  Sometimes it looks like his mind is on another planet, plus his inability to stand up to a player rather than jockeying back (to what feels like almost the goal line) can get a bit frustrating.

Ultimately, I think he is the weakest link in the back four.  I can't think of many 'best bits' for his highlights reel.

Danitar

Does that mean we may see buttner at the club now.  he's a very good LB and he's very attacking like riether

Buffalo76

That's it and that's all.

JBH

If thats how he feels then he has changed his mind very quickly because he announced a few weeks ago that he had retired from int football to concentrate on his fulham career.

Oh well best he goes quickly