more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Riise: I am leaving Fulham this summer

Started by Hoppus, August 09, 2013, 04:57:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RidgeRider

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 09, 2013, 05:41:28 PM
It has been a few years since we had a decent left back. Odd that he should come out and say he is leaving. But to be honest we have all said we need a new back as long as Richardson isn't considered the answer to any question I can think of.

Since Konch left.....  :022:

Craven Mad

He tweeted this an hour ago (just after the exit rumours surfaced on twitter):

"Love people's tweets, thinking they know  everything.. Keeps me entertained though , together with golf on telly"

I'm not sure what to read from that, but could suggest that it's just rumours so far..

Craven Mad

And has literally just retweeted: @JanAageFjortoft @Johnariise3 would be great for any team! Over 30 and still world class!

Again, he is active on twitter, but this is slightly unusual for him..

filham

Oh dear that left back position has been a problem so often in our premiership years. If only we could get hold of another Rufus Brevet.

Admin

I'm sorry but like above, Riise came to us 10 years to late. I was surprised we even bothered taking him because he was only interested in joining to when his career was on a wind down.

Since joining Fulham, he's not a had good season in my eye's, he's not even scored for us as he? Let alone blasting in one of his trade mark free kicks.

When he came out at the beginning of the season saying he's getting fit etc, I just thought, again 3 seasons to late.

It's a good decision to let him go, but like everything transfer related with Fulham, we deal with it far to late!   

zschwartz

if true it is disappointing. he and richardson cannot last a season or regularly perform at the highest level but with constant rotation it seemed possible to get the best out of both of them.

the retirement from international play seemed like he was going to give it one more season.

looking toward a prospective season with a briggs/richardson rotation is pretty dispiriting.

EJL

I'd say he was brilliant for the second half of the 2011-12 season. Him and Frei down the left against Chelsea were frightening. Apart from that, though, he's been off the pace and wasteful.

leonffc

Didn't this all happen last time he was dropped for Briggs (or Richardson)?
Bleating about leaving, then Jol axed him from the squad then it was all rosie.

MasterHaynes

Well he worked through the summer, retired from international football and came out and said he was focusing on Fulham and was committed to the cause aiming for his best season yet, so if he has been told he is not getting game time tomorrow there was only going to be one outcome.

Hope Jol saw this coming and has someone lined up as I can see Richardson getting injured first game leaving Briggs, just deemed as needing another 50-100 or so loan games to get him ready, will be first choice. If Kavenagh would have been involved in preseason I would be more comfortable about the situation

Yarden

Havent been posting in a while, Just thought i would share this. Apparently its the club that has told him he can leave. Something about reducing the wage budget. Atleast thats what the article says. I should know, Im from Norway:)

sumofallparts

Quote from: Yarden on August 09, 2013, 08:42:28 PM
Havent been posting in a while, Just thought i would share this. Apparently its the club that has told him he can leave. Something about reducing the wage budget. Atleast thats what the article says. I should know, Im from Norway:)
Why would the club take him on the pre-season tours, etc to then "let him go" ?
Doesn't make sense?
I always quite liked JAR playing for us - I may be in the minority here.
Still, if he does leave he will not be short of offers I suspect.

SaltfordWhite

If we have done it then the management must either have a replacement in the bag, or have something up their sleeves.

JAR constantly gets slated on here, so him going shouldn't need the board to go into meltdown. Again.

Brown@FFC

JAR was our worst player last year, and what makes it worse was that the whole team was awful. No problem with him leaving, and because Richardson is injured 50% of the season, and Briggs and isn't good enough, I would expect a replacement. Buttner or Rose hopefully.

ToodlesMcToot

Please, please, please.....no loanees for replacements.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

jmh

I can't imagine that Spurs would sell Rose now that he's at the point in his development where he might be ready to take over for Assou-Ekotto.  I guess you never know though.  

leonffc

Rose? Rose? That despicable little poo that rolled around on the floor holding his face against Sunderland then jumped up to celebrate with his team mates and Lee Probert when they scored their third last season?
No thanks. Vile person

Ron Sheepskin

If, and it's a big if, this is true and Riise is moving on then I am worried. We're all banging on about who we hope Jol might be considering maybe having a chat about, but the facts are that Briggs is off somewhere else, and better further upfield anyway, and Richardson isn't great on the one occasion a month he's not crocked. This leaves us with limited options. Pull someone through from the youth, or stick Duffer in defense.

For these reasons I suspect John Arne isn't going anywhere, at least until someone has actually signed for us.

Also, and I'm prepared to get slated for my possibly irrational and unfounded prejudices, but I really like Riise, and I really dislike Richardson. Always have, always will.
"Do not affix anything to this wall" - sign that was affixed to wall above turnstiles at Hammy end before someone with a clipboard replaced it with a large Fire Exit sign.

zschwartz

Quote from: SaltfordWhite on August 09, 2013, 08:52:13 PM
If we have done it then the management must either have a replacement in the bag, or have something up their sleeves.

JAR constantly gets slated on here, so him going shouldn't need the board to go into meltdown. Again.
i like riise and with competent rotation/int. retirement i think he could have a fine season.

But even If he stays and competes it's his last go at this level. And, though he might start week 1 on the bench, competing with briggs/richardson for left back shouldn't really intimidate anyone.

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on August 09, 2013, 08:58:55 PM

Riether was a loanee.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on August 09, 2013, 09:12:24 PM
Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on August 09, 2013, 08:58:55 PM

Riether was a loanee.

This is true. And by his own admission would have loved being in Germany right now instead of Motspur.

I don't mind one or two per season, but we seem to have begun counting on more and more of them. I'd just prefer a more stable squad. My comment had nothing to do with the quality of the player, just the desire to have a more settled club - less reliance on other team's players.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude