Riise: I am leaving Fulham this summer

Started by Hoppus, August 09, 2013, 04:57:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeCdawg

....and don't even think about sayin Aaron Hughes can play at RB

JHunter_Fulham4Life

Quote from: mikecdawg-ffc on August 10, 2013, 02:54:19 AM

GOD, no! I'd suit up Jol before I'd put Hughes out there! Hell, if KHAN showed any pace, I'd put him out there instead of Hughes!

JHunter_Fulham4Life

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 09, 2013, 11:42:25 PM
Daily Mail >> Fulham's John Arne Riise in talks over free transfer to Werder Bremen

I'm not bothered by losing Riise; he was past his best days before we even got him. However, I am displeased we're losing an experienced body at RB, especially considering Richardson's health issues. I'm wondering if we could work Kaca into that position, so we don't lose him to a Taarabt-Ruiz-Duff front line. He could be an attacker in the same vein that Riise was his first year here -- the trailer that picks up balls knocked away by the keeper or headed away by the defenders.

EJL

We're not very good at transfer windowing.

Hold on, 'windowing' doesn't have a red squiggly line underneath it. Is it really a word?

"What you up to, EJL?"
"Promised I'd help my friend windowing his house."

SP3

Same kind of word as Cottaging, I suppose.

Just saying.  :021:

stevehawkinslidingtackle

Ive heard that with Tara Brat arriving, he's not happy because he no longer holds the title of Mr massive @rse

epsomraver

Quote from: JHunter_Fulham4Life on August 10, 2013, 03:22:21 AM

GOD, no! I'd suit up Jol before I'd put Hughes out there! Hell, if KHAN showed any pace, I'd put him out there instead of Hughes!

Yet another ill informed post from across the pond

grandad

Quote from: mikecdawg-ffc on August 10, 2013, 02:51:47 AM
I am also glad to see the back of Riise. I was sceptical about signing him in the first place  as I thought he had past it when he left Liverpool.

I do agree we should seek another signing at LB but not urgently. I, personally, don't think Richardson is that bad. Briggs as decent back-up.

Cover at RB is more of a priority I would think.

We have no prem quality LB´s if Riise goes. Richardson is really poor & is a sick note. At least at RB we have Hughes as back up.
Where there's a will there's a wife

MasterHaynes

Quote from: MJG on August 09, 2013, 10:17:47 PM
He's tweeted this now...

@Johnariise3: To FFC fans:I have not asked to leave the club.Sometimes you can't control things. BUT:as long as I am a FFC player I will give 100%, always
Well this is encouraging, hope he plays today and shows what he can really do with a summer of hard work and full pre season behind him. Maybe we will at last see a Riise screamer hit the back of the net. COYW

MikeCdawg

Quote from: grandad on August 10, 2013, 11:16:37 AM
I am also glad to see the back of Riise. I was sceptical about signing him in the first place  as I thought he had past it when he left Liverpool.

I do agree we should seek another signing at LB but not urgently. I, personally, don't think Richardson is that bad. Briggs as decent back-up.

We have no prem quality LB´s if Riise goes. Richardson is really poor & is a sick note. At least at RB we have Hughes as back up.

and ur sayin Hughes is prem quality at RB?

farfouille

Quote from: epsomraver on August 10, 2013, 09:41:44 AM

With this post, are you aiming to show that you REMEMBER Hughes playing as a right back at Aston Villa or you really think he could handle that position TODAY?

You are on fire today. Please keep posting - you are making my day!
"Everybody's assuming [Berbatov will go] but as far as I know he is a Man United player....my mistake. Oh my God. He's a Fulham player."
- Rene Meulensteen

Ruiz11

Don't really care to be perfectly honest, at least Richardson will have confidence knowing he is number one, Briggs will also be closer to the first team than before.

grandad

Quote from: mikecdawg-ffc on August 10, 2013, 11:55:34 AM
I am also glad to see the back of Riise. I was sceptical about signing him in the first place  as I thought he had past it when he left Liverpool.

He´s better at back up RB than Richardson is at starting LB. It´s all we have
Where there's a will there's a wife

epsomraver

Quote from: farfouille on August 10, 2013, 12:53:46 PM
Quote from: epsomraver on August 10, 2013, 09:41:44 AM

With this post, are you aiming to show that you REMEMBER Hughes playing as a right back at Aston Villa or you really think he could handle that position TODAY?

You are on fire today. Please keep posting - you are making my day!

Yes I was there, were you? one bad game where he had no support  and you slag off one of the best unsung defenders Fulham has had fp.gif

farfouille

Quote from: epsomraver on August 10, 2013, 01:28:25 PM
Yes I was there, were you?
Was that my question?!
And no, I wasn't. I have never been to CC and I've done nothing to support Fulham financially (not yet). But I will soon, I am 31 y.o. and there is still time. Does it mean that I am not a Fulham fan now but I will be once I visit CC? Do they give you some kind of official document on your way in? ;)

one bad game where he had no support  and you slag off one of the best unsung defenders Fulham has had fp.gif
I never said he's a bad defender - he's better than Senderos at CB, in my opinion. But TODAY he's too slow for a RB.

Anyway, different people, different opinions. But there are ways and ways, you know.
"Everybody's assuming [Berbatov will go] but as far as I know he is a Man United player....my mistake. Oh my God. He's a Fulham player."
- Rene Meulensteen

MikeCdawg

Quote from: grandad on August 10, 2013, 01:23:26 PM
Quote from: mikecdawg-ffc on August 10, 2013, 11:55:34 AM

He´s better at back up RB than Richardson is at starting LB. It´s all we have

totally disagree

epsomraver

Quote from: farfouille on August 10, 2013, 01:43:01 PM
Yes I was there, were you?
Was that my question?!
And no, I wasn't. I have never been to CC and I've done nothing to support Fulham financially (not yet). But I will soon, I am 31 y.o. and there is still time. Does it mean that I am not a Fulham fan now but I will be once I visit CC? Do they give you some kind of official document on your way in? ;)

one bad game where he had no support  and you slag off one of the best unsung defenders Fulham has had fp.gif
I never said he's a bad defender - he's better than Senderos at CB, in my opinion. But TODAY he's too slow for a RB.

Anyway, different people, different opinions. But there are ways and ways, you know.

We will agree to disagree, I get prickly when people who not at games watching on dodgy streams slag off good solid players, we are all Fulham together, match today was awful only Taarrabt shows any signs of being able to go on and score some muppets booed him  fp.gif and the again always  slagged off Sidwell scores again :group hug:

Luffy86

Riise is a sterling player, with good pedigree it will be a shame to see him leave if he does decide to go!

Brown@FFC

Jol has said Richardson is a starter. Riise is too slow. Don't want him here, waste wages. He must go.

zander

Werder Bremen director of sport Thomas
Eichin has confirmed the club's interest in Fulham
full-back John Arne Riise, revealing that preliminary
talks over a transfer have been held.

18.41 - Fulham boss Martin Jol is hoping to sign an
'attacking player or two' before the close of the
transfer window