watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Riise: I am leaving Fulham this summer

Started by Hoppus, August 09, 2013, 04:57:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

Interesting to see who plays left back tomorrow. If Riise doesn't play then it is reasonable to assume he is leaving, If Richardson plays for 90 minutes then it is reasonable to assume he only has another 90 minutes before an injury kicks in and Briggs will be in the line up against Arsenal .

EJL

Riise will get a move to a CL club on reputation alone.

Danitar

I think we should go for buttner if united get baines

MJG

He's tweeted this now...

@Johnariise3: To FFC fans:I have not asked to leave the club.Sometimes you can't control things. BUT:as long as I am a FFC player I will give 100%, always

DevonFFC

Looks like he is off then and not on his terms... I just hope we have some one lined up!

Admin

Quote from: ollienixs on August 09, 2013, 10:24:25 PM
Looks like he is off then and not on his terms... I just hope we have some one lined up!

Surely we have, I don't thin we'd be that stupid not to... will we?  fp.gif

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on August 09, 2013, 09:46:49 PM
Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on August 09, 2013, 09:12:24 PM
Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on August 09, 2013, 08:58:55 PM
Please, please, please.....no loanees for replacements.

Riether was a loanee.

This is true. And by his own admission would have loved being in Germany right now instead of Motspur.

I don't mind one or two per season, but we seem to have begun counting on more and more of them. I'd just prefer a more stable squad. My comment had nothing to do with the quality of the player, just the desire to have a more settled club - less reliance on other team's players.

Riether's comment seemed a rather dodgy translation in polite response to Schalke's tapping up. Anyway Schalke showed how determined they were to get their man by only offering an embarrassing low fee for one of the best right backs in the Premier.

Last season was different because we lost D & D on the last day and didn't seem to get our targets, Boateng being one.

How many loans have we got at the moment?

Markffc123

maybe we could offer him to qpr-Redknapp will love him!...if were supposedly after faurlin get him involved in a swap deal

jmh

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on August 09, 2013, 10:52:14 PM
Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on August 09, 2013, 09:46:49 PM
Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on August 09, 2013, 09:12:24 PM
Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on August 09, 2013, 08:58:55 PM
Please, please, please.....no loanees for replacements.

Riether was a loanee.

This is true. And by his own admission would have loved being in Germany right now instead of Motspur.

I don't mind one or two per season, but we seem to have begun counting on more and more of them. I'd just prefer a more stable squad. My comment had nothing to do with the quality of the player, just the desire to have a more settled club - less reliance on other team's players.

Riether's comment seemed a rather dodgy translation in polite response to Schalke's tapping up.
Agreed.

And even if you were to take Riether's comment to mean that he would rather have been sold to Schalke, that still has nothing to do with the fact that he was on loan last year and only just signed on a permanent basis, and entirely just a result of his having been tapped up.

Lighthouse

Daily Mail >> Fulham's John Arne Riise in talks over free transfer to Werder Bremen
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Big Martin Jol

Strange one. By his own account he's been working extremely hard over pre-season to try and regain his top form for Fulham, so this seems like it's come slightly out of the blue for both him and us.

We're all aware that his isn't our strongest position, but to be honest I didn't think it was an immediate priority for Jol - I thought he might concentrate on the central midfield/striker situation this summer and then possibly look to bring in a new left back in January.

I hope that if this is true and he is prepared to let Riise leave on a free transfer then he is willing to go out and buy a decent replacement. For me, he's still our best player in that position and Richardson is thoroughly unconvincing.

Scott Parker is the greatest living Englishman.

zander

If true is there any chance this could be some creative accountancy. I'm assuming Riise must be one of the highest earners on the books so by letting him go and bringing in a cheaper replacement this would free up a portion of the wage bill for a higher earner such as Bent, Gargano etc.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Glad to see the back of him and delighted he has no more brothers. never liked the Pool lovin sucker 
I bet Breda will have a better season without him 

twang

Quote from: zander on August 10, 2013, 12:27:01 AM
If true is there any chance this could be some creative accountancy. I'm assuming Riise must be one of the highest earners on the books so by letting him go and bringing in a cheaper replacement this would free up a portion of the wage bill for a higher earner such as Bent, Gargano etc.

I'd be surprised if this was the case as we've seen more first team players depart than join this summer.

Schwarzer, Baird, Davies, Petric, Diarra and the four loanees surely must have earned a fair bit more than Stek, Amore, Boateng and Taarabt currently does.

Markffc123

again riise is not getting any younger and maybe he wants one last biggerish pay packet
it makes sense as even though he wears his heart on his sleeve-some of his performances have been shoddy but ill wish him well

but who does jol replace him with?

Bryanthebroom

Quote from: Markffc123 on August 10, 2013, 01:05:44 AM
again riise is not getting any younger and maybe he wants one last biggerish pay packet
it makes sense as even though he wears his heart on his sleeve-some of his performances have been shoddy but ill wish him well

but who does jol replace him with?

Expect us to go for Buttner if Baines goes to United. Other than that I really don't know - just have to hope Jol can convince a decent left back to come here.

St Eve

We have needed a left back for a long time. Richardson is and will never be the answer. We have 2 weeks to get one and i am sure we will.

jarv

That's just strenghtened the defence. :005:

MikeCdawg

I am also glad to see the back of Riise. I was sceptical about signing him in the first place  as I thought he had past it when he left Liverpool.

I do agree we should seek another signing at LB but not urgently. I, personally, don't think Richardson is that bad. Briggs as decent back-up.

Cover at RB is more of a priority I would think.