watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Come back Finnster we love you.

Started by FatFreddysCat, May 03, 2010, 09:15:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FatFreddysCat

I done it for Blingo so i'll do one for you. Dont let a Red Scouser see you off the board. Cant see how LB was having a go at you so calm down, come back tomorrow and no one will think you backed down or anything. The amount of times i make a wally out of myself (not that you've made a wally of yourself) and come back is unbelievable. Come back you old tart.

bigalffc

Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

Jimpav

Come back Finn. Good poster, sorely missed.

CorkedHat

Earlier this year when I was ill, I was away from this MB for three months. In my absence and much to my chagrin, the MB still chugged along perfectly well without me.
I came to appreciate that the MB is bigger than any single person and I guess in time nobody gave a rat's whether I ever posted again.
That said, there are, however, certain posters who make up the essence of what this MB is all about, and you Mr Finn are one of them.
Yes the MB will still chug on without you but it won't be the same.
You are an important part of this kaleidoscope we call Fulham – your insight, wit and knowledge makes logging on to this site all the more worthwhile.
I know that you were irked by the thought of being reprimanded by our own Mr Quelch of Greyfriars brandishing the cane, but I know Ed personally and this is not in his repertoire. He would not intentionally do anything to upset someone as respected as you are.
So come back Mr Finn. We are on the threshold of our most glorious hour in our history and I would love to share it with you on this MB.
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

Scrumpy

Corked Hat?

Yep, the name's familiar but I can't quite, um....

Who are ya? Who are ya?[/b]
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

CorkedHat

Quote from: Scrumpy on May 04, 2010, 12:22:06 AM
Corked Hat?

Yep, the name's familiar but I can't quite, um....

Who are ya? Who are ya?[/b]

That was actually very humorous Mr Scrumpy :020: :020:
At my age I sometimes forget who I am as well so if anybody can tell me please don't be afraid!

Steve_orino

Lovely post Mr. Corked one...but you WERE missed and we did miss your musings!!!  Even Tom did too, WTF?

Mr. Finn, I don't even know what happened, I have yet to search out the thread that casused this request from FatFred, but I'm sure that you will take some time to relax, think it over, and return with the gusto to lead us in posting (well except for our news reporters, that is)!  

I followed you to this MB from the Offal after your numerous spats over there (not your fault, mind you) so don't let one over here run you off.

Grab a Fuller's and a nice Stogie and we'll be here waiting for you when you return.

Good day.
Fulham Supporter - Est. 03/2008
"My aim is to stabilise, sustain, and have the club move forward." Shad Khan 07/2013
@Borino09

Lighthouse

I am glad he is gone. Finn always disagreed with me about the Forces. Often disagreed with me about football and... wait a minute, he was one of the few who replied to my threads. Without him I will be left alone in the corner to fart and shout and be ignored.

This is just an MB, a good one, but just an MB. People from other clubs and other parts of the Country MUST have the points of view defended if they are put in a way the moderators accept. But we must accept that our views also need to be heard. But it is not them and us. It is just us.

So Finn if you decide to return it will be a better MB for you doing so. Whatever you decide, respects go to you. But we all have the right to express an opinion. Even foreigners from Liverpool.

Although if blingo decides to quit I for one...lookout a moderator hand in hand with a whistling happy blingo. Bast...  Why would anyone campaign for him to come back?
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

CorkedHat

I still don't agree that we need supporters from other teams to come on here- with pipe of peace or cudgels, it doesn't matter.
None of this would have happened (and the same applies with our old mate Blingo) if supporters from another team had not been permitted to infiltrate this forum.
I don't give a holy crap about what anyone from Wolfsburg, Liverpool or Bishop Auckland thinks about me or my team. I don't care if they think that Fulham is the greatest team outside of their own and that they love us in the true spirit of brotherhood. I am not interested.
As it stands we only allow supporters of other teams to come on here if they say nice things about us which is hypocrisy, not to mention censorship, in the extreme. We either allow them the freedom of debate or we don't allow them at all. I am for the latter - sorry

RidgeRider

Quote from: CorkedHat on May 04, 2010, 01:41:00 AM
I still don't agree that we need supporters from other teams to come on here- with pipe of peace or cudgels, it doesn't matter.
None of this would have happened (and the same applies with our old mate Blingo) if supporters from another team had not been permitted to infiltrate this forum.
I don't give a holy crap about what anyone from Wolfsburg, Liverpool or Bishop Auckland thinks about me or my team. I don't care if they think that Fulham is the greatest team outside of their own and that they love us in the true spirit of brotherhood. I am not interested.
As it stands we only allow supporters of other teams to come on here if they say nice things about us which is hypocrisy, not to mention censorship, in the extreme. We either allow them the freedom of debate or we don't allow them at all. I am for the latter - sorry

Wise one, we have only a few "Fulham is my second team" posters on this board and we get the odd supporter from out next match, but my recollection has been that most of them have been very respectful and have said nice things. We should continue that policy and we should not allow any baiting on this site from non-supporters unless it is done with respect or with a sense of clear humor, but we should also apply a similar standard to our own.

Finn will be back just like you came back.  :dft012:

GoldCoastWhite

I'm hoping our own British (English ?) bulldog is out in the back garden digging holes, chewing peoples shoes, peeing on the fence to let off steam and will be back again when he's hungry. Get yer aris back in hear Finn or I'll wallop you with a rolled up New York Times !

Burt

You will be welcomed back Mr Finn sir, and missed if you choose not to...

WhiteJC

please reconsider Mr Finn, we'll all miss you if you go

blingo

I have missed this completely. WHATS HAPPENED TO MY M8 FINNY???????

CorkedHat

Quote from: blingo on May 04, 2010, 08:56:58 AM
I have missed this completely. WHATS HAPPENED TO MY M8 FINNY???????

Well Mr B – there erupted this argument with a person called Pata who posts on this MB and apparently comes from Liverpool but resides somewhere else.
If you scroll far enough down you will happen across a post by Lakey which is entitled "I am convinced...."
If you go directly to Page Three of this post you will see the drama unfold.

Tom

Finnster, get your ass back on here!
Fulham for life!

chez

I don't post that often on here but always enjoyed reading Finn's posts (well more than fat Freds anyway  :dft011: )

So please Finnster don't leave!

Fernhurst

Can I reiterate Fat Freddys and one or two others plea:

GET YOUR ARSE BACK IN HERE FINNY
I have also missed what's been going on but it certainly can't be worth going on strike!!!

Deadly threat

If you don't come back immediately I will not continue my full hollered blast at the opposing players on behalf of those separated from us by a couple of continents tomorrow night!!

Finny, we all have the utmost mate..... heres a hand......climb back on board.

Peabody

Please come back Finn, you will be missed. OK so you had a row but is it worth losing touch  with a bunch of ardent admirers of you style of humour? no it aints so please reconsider and come back in time for next wednesdays glorious celebrations. Or has the Brooklyn air got to you?