watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Johnny Haynes Stand and the new TV gantry - merged topic

Started by Tonywa, August 24, 2013, 04:01:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berserker

Exactly agree Peabody, i feel it is a breach of the sale of goods act.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Jack Fulham

Otley

What has happened at grounds with cantilever stands?  have they erected a gantry smack in the middle opposite the dugout?

At Fulham they have taken advantage of the old stand design to come up with an easy technical solution.  If Google can get pictures of Craven Cottage from space surely TV engineers can work out how to pictures from 50 yards away!

Jack Fulham

Haven't Fulham miss sold 100's of high price season tickets as unrestricted view now?

Someone on TIFF said they rang the club after the game to complain. Probably worth emailing [email protected] as it will allow the club to make a case to whoever has enforced it to get rid or remove it.

Burt

I have emailed both Sarah Brookes and Tommy Guthrie about this.

LBNo11

Quote from: Burt on August 25, 2013, 11:00:36 AM
I have emailed both Sarah Brookes and Tommy Guthrie about this.

...if you get a response about obligation to TV, Premier League etc., Please point out that the clubs' obligation should first and foremost be to the attending fans - always...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Jack Fulham

Two latest tweets from Sarah Brookes

Andrew Waddell ‏@apw19 15h
@sarahbrookes1 very surprised at FFC re new camera. Right infront of press box. What do you think they will say! Small auto camera would do.
Expand

Sarah Brookes ‏@sarahbrookes1 14h
@apw19 we researched ever option with broadcasters. If anything else was feasible it would have been done.
Expand
Andrew Waddell ‏@apw19 14h

@sarahbrookes1 Auto camera. Higher up same post would surely do.Don't envy you press box and supporter backlash which has only just started.

@apw19 Every option was looked into.

Concerning that every option has been looked into. If all options have been exhausted then the only reasonable solution is to remove it.

LBNo11

...if all the options have been looked at then someone is incompetent. They (all the theys') should listen to the shots we call, not the other way around.

If they refuse to do anything about it I like the idea mentioned earlier of the rows in front of the gantry holding helium balloons and banners up in front of the camera...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

SKSW6

Quote from: Jack Fulham on August 25, 2013, 11:19:42 AM
Two latest tweets from Sarah Brookes

Andrew Waddell ‏@apw19 15h
@sarahbrookes1 very surprised at FFC re new camera. Right infront of press box. What do you think they will say! Small auto camera would do.
Expand

@apw19 we researched ever option with broadcasters. If anything else was feasible it would have been done.
Expand
Andrew Waddell ‏@apw19 14h

@sarahbrookes1 Auto camera. Higher up same post would surely do.Don't envy you press box and supporter backlash which has only just started.

@apw19 Every option was looked into.

Concerning that every option has been looked into. If all options have been exhausted then the only reasonable solution is to remove it.

Seems pretty blunt from her. Hopefully the club release a full statement soon as this has been getting national press.

Fulham1959

There's one obvious question :

"How crucial is it to have a camera trained solely on the dugout ?"

We have always seen the dugout/ subs bench before, with existing camera positions, so why the need for a dedicated camera ?

And, as has been said, this is 2013, not 1953.  A small, remote-controlled camera would do the job  -  or doesn't that come within the term "every option" ?

The Doctor

I'm actually steaming about this, and I don't even sit in the affected seats.  I'll be emailing the club about it as I think the PL deserve flak for the ridiculous requirement to have a camera trained at all times on the bench and FFC deserve flak for siting the camera tower as they have done.  I encourage as many people as possible to email the club.

For my part, I'm not simply planning a ranty email.  Thinking about it, I came up with the auto camera idea mentioned in those tweets to Sarah Brooks.  Other ideas I've come up with include having cameras mounted in the corners (front of Cottage balcony) to cover the benches or if slavish obedience to the regulations is going to be the order of the day, mounting the camera on the JH roof (didn't there used to be a commentary position up there in years gone by?).  I'll be putting these ideas to FFC...more to stimulate some consideration within the club.  To some degree, I feel sorry for Sarah Brooks...she probably wasn't involved in the decision-making process and now has to hide behind the "every option was explored" line in the absence of any real knowledge.  Which just serves to make FFC look even poorer all-round, the only way out of which is to properly address the issue

Interestingly, the 2013/14 PL Hanbook has a formal section on camera positions (http://www.premierleague.com/content/dam/premierleague/site-content/News/publications/handbooks/premier-league-handbook-2013-14.pdf, see page 405), whereas the previous season's Handbook didn't

fulhamben

Quote from: The Doctor on August 25, 2013, 12:11:24 PM
I'm actually steaming about this, and I don't even sit in the affected seats.  I'll be emailing the club about it as I think the PL deserve flak for the ridiculous requirement to have a camera trained at all times on the bench and FFC deserve flak for siting the camera tower as they have done.  I encourage as many people as possible to email the club.

For my part, I'm not simply planning a ranty email.  Thinking about it, I came up with the auto camera idea mentioned in those tweets to Sarah Brooks.  Other ideas I've come up with include having cameras mounted in the corners (front of Cottage balcony) to cover the benches or if slavish obedience to the regulations is going to be the order of the day, mounting the camera on the JH roof (didn't there used to be a commentary position up there in years gone by?).  I'll be putting these ideas to FFC...more to stimulate some consideration within the club.  To some degree, I feel sorry for Sarah Brooks...she probably wasn't involved in the decision-making process and now has to hide behind the "every option was explored" line in the absence of any real knowledge.  Which just serves to make FFC look even poorer all-round, the only way out of which is to properly address the issue

Interestingly, the 2013/14 PL Hanbook has a formal section on camera positions (http://www.premierleague.com/content/dam/premierleague/site-content/News/publications/handbooks/premier-league-handbook-2013-14.pdf, see page 405), whereas the previous season's Handbook didn't
that link comes up with page can not be found
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

The Doctor

Strange, I'm viewing fine here.  Will try to post image of interest in a mo

EDIT: Here we go, PL formal expectations of camera positions to be provided, from 2013/14 Handbook

fulhamben

The Doctor

Hopefully there's now an image visible in my previous reply on this thread.  Presumably, FFC will state that they are complying with the requirement to have cameras 14 and 15 viewing the benches and providing reverse angles of the pitch.  I'm imagining that any calls for the camera to be scrapped will be ignored on the basis of this.  So some creative thinking needed to provide a solution that complies with the regs but doesn't impact on the fans like yesterday.

I don't for a second buy that every option was explored.  I think FFC said that they were only informed there'd ned to be a camera there fairly recently (and to be fair, the Handbook was only published in the last couple of weeks).  If so, then they've probably just gone for the quickest and cheapest option without much consideration.  Seeing as that's backfired, time to give it some thought I'd say

fulhamben

Quote from: The Doctor on August 25, 2013, 12:29:08 PM
Hopefully there's now an image visible in my previous reply on this thread.  Presumably, FFC will state that they are complying with the requirement to have cameras 14 and 15 viewing the benches and providing reverse angles of the pitch.  I'm imagining that any calls for the camera to be scrapped will be ignored on the basis of this.  So some creative thinking needed to provide a solution that complies with the regs but doesn't impact on the fans like yesterday.

I don't for a second buy that every option was explored.  I think FFC said that they were only informed there'd ned to be a camera there fairly recently (and to be fair, the Handbook was only published in the last couple of weeks).  If so, then they've probably just gone for the quickest and cheapest option without much consideration.  Seeing as that's backfired, time to give it some thought I'd say
yep, im sure the every option was looked at would be revised if 400 fans demanded a refund on there season tickets

MJG

Its the angle the camera has to be at which is an issue. If they are not going to use a remote camera then the next best thing is to put it in the back row of jh stand behind the press. Now I know that would upset the 20 or 30 fans that may have to he moved but if it has to be there, then that's one solution.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

SouthfieldWhite

I've got a meeting with the club on Tuesday( although not about this issue) I will definitely bring it up though and try and find out more.

I'm sure in this day and age of technology, a small remote camera would be better, and as Ed says, the fans should always come first

Tonywa

Tommy Guthrie gave several of us his business card yesterday and asked us to get in touch with him during the coming week.

cmg

Quote from: The Doctor on August 25, 2013, 12:16:01 PM
Strange, I'm viewing fine here.  Will try to post image of interest in a mo

EDIT: Here we go, PL formal expectations of camera positions to be provided, from 2013/14 Handbook

Blimey! Only 35 cameras? I'm suprised the poor old viewer gets to see anything at all.

If that was the requirement back in 96 there'd have been more cameras and crew in the ground than spectators. Perhaps that's what they're after.