watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Boateng needs to start

Started by Slaphead in Qatar, October 05, 2013, 05:01:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moussa Dembele the 3rd

I think a lot of our problems this year are down to a very pedestrian midfield. The fact that we are still watching Sidwell and Karagounis start in the middle after an entire summer transfer window is mind boggling. Boateng at least has an idea to move the ball forward and can play a decent pass.

TonyGilroy

Plus he's a big physical presence in midfield, can drop back as an extra central defender and help defending set pieces.

He impressed me at Sunderland and have no idea why he was then excluded.

fulhamben

him next to kasami would be my ideal pairing
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Sammyffc

when he came on , i was in the hammy end humming bob marleys ' buffalo soldier ' when he ran onto the pitch

nose

i thought boeteng is JUST WAT WE NEED.

somebody who gets the ball and plays wiuthing his ability and simply and with some conviction. Him and Bent should be starting. In fact it was when boeteng came on i started to think we looked much more balanced.

Bassey the warrior

He looked sharper so is hopefully fit now. I think he does indeed need to start, he and Diarra are the only holding midfielders we have and we need one to protect the defence. His distribution looked good as well. Then the question is do you play Sidwell or Parker alongside him; Sidwell gives us goals but Parker gives us creativity and drive. Kasami could make a good centre mid in the future as well and then there's Karagounis who is an underrated player for me.

HatterDon

I'm sure that very few of you will admit it, but what Boateng brought us yesterday was what we've been missing since we had ... Dickson Etuhu [the Hodgson Dickson]. As much as he was trashed on here, Etuhu broke up attacks and protected the back four -- exactly what we've been missing the last season and a bit.

I think our back four needs Boateng's steel. I hope our current manager has enough sense to keep in this "one-dimensional player" because this is the dimension we've been missing for a long time.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Fulhampete

Quote from: HatterDon on October 06, 2013, 02:53:58 PM
I'm sure that very few of you will admit it, but what Boateng brought us yesterday was what we've been missing since we had ... Dickson Etuhu [the Hodgson Dickson]. As much as he was trashed on here, Etuhu broke up attacks and protected the back four -- exactly what we've been missing the last season and a bit.

I think our back four needs Boateng's steel. I hope our current manager has enough sense to keep in this "one-dimensional player" because this is the dimension we've been missing for a long time.
Totally agree.

MasterHaynes

Quote from: Forever Fulham on October 06, 2013, 04:47:33 AM
My heart was in my throat when Senderos went for the break up play in the box and nicked the Stoke player.  But no call.  On the other hand, there was non call on an obvious foul in the box by a Stoke player, so it all evened out.  Senderos continues to improve.  Players are getting used to one another.  I don't understand what's happening with Hangeland.  Steady, reliable Brede is letting his team down.  I don't get it.  I don't know why Bent had to come in so late.  Is he that much out of shape?   Or was this just a knucklehead move by Jol that , by accident, paid off?  I think some players look bad against certain teams.  Stoke's manner of play makes Ruiz look worse.  He's a very talented player, but he doesn't handle the physical 'stuff' well.
What I didn't get was at Corners in the first half Ruiz had to pick up Shawcross while Brede just stood in the middle of the 6 yard box, not once did he get near the ball when Huth went for it, is it his decision making or is it some sort of zonal thing we are trying to do?

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: HatterDon on October 06, 2013, 02:53:58 PM

Hodgson era Etuhu maybe, although Boateng seems capable of passing forwards too. But Etuhu fell apart after Roy left, he lost the ability to tackle cleanly and became a liability constantly giving away dangerous free kicks.

BarryP

Quote from: MasterHaynes on October 06, 2013, 05:46:48 PM
Quote from: Forever Fulham on October 06, 2013, 04:47:33 AM
My heart was in my throat when Senderos went for the break up play in the box and nicked the Stoke player.  But no call.  On the other hand, there was non call on an obvious foul in the box by a Stoke player, so it all evened out.  Senderos continues to improve.  Players are getting used to one another.  I don't understand what's happening with Hangeland.  Steady, reliable Brede is letting his team down.  I don't get it.  I don't know why Bent had to come in so late.  Is he that much out of shape?   Or was this just a knucklehead move by Jol that , by accident, paid off?  I think some players look bad against certain teams.  Stoke's manner of play makes Ruiz look worse.  He's a very talented player, but he doesn't handle the physical 'stuff' well.
What I didn't get was at Corners in the first half Ruiz had to pick up Shawcross while Brede just stood in the middle of the 6 yard box, not once did he get near the ball whuihen Huth went for it, is it his decision making or is it some sort of zonal thing we are trying to do?

If his injury is back related as reported Brede may have been unable to mark Huth.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

St Eve

He did look good and reminded me of the wardrobe. Let's hope this wasn't a flash in the pan and e can replace Sidwell permanently

bill taylors apprentice

He could be the new Etuhu, a player who never got the credit for talking the pressure of the defense and allowed others to play.

Forever Fulham

Long live Dickson Etuhu.  I miss him. 

Max Headroom

I'd have boateng for sidewall any day of the week.

Sidwell tries 100% and often pops up in defence to save the day! but unfortunately is not self assured enough in possession to hold down one of the two central midfield positions.

We are usually bullied in the air, and Boateng won every header when he came on, and makes us so much stronger.

Boateng and Parker would be worth trying. The one concern is whether there is enough creativity there. I don't know the answer to that yet.....

Deanothefulhamfan

I disagree Pluto.... I felt Sidwell was really impressive today, he was working hard closing down the space and made more challenges than any other player today. He gave the ball away a couple of times in a bad ten minutes but felt he composed himself aftwerwards. I felt he lead by example today, was helped by having Boateng in the middle alongside him.... These two work better than him and karagounis.

Think Sidwell has been brilliant this season, but would like to see Boateng play.... But we need parker so it is a tricky situation unless we play 3 in the middle

fulhamben

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on October 07, 2013, 08:47:58 AM
I disagree Pluto.... I felt Sidwell was really impressive today, he was working hard closing down the space and made more challenges than any other player today. He gave the ball away a couple of times in a bad ten minutes but felt he composed himself aftwerwards. I felt he lead by example today, was helped by having Boateng in the middle alongside him.... These two work better than him and karagounis.

Think Sidwell has been brilliant this season, but would like to see Boateng play.... But we need parker so it is a tricky situation unless we play 3 in the middle
you are so used to safety first that you have forgotten what a team can do if it has a decent cm in it. we dont need 2 players protecting the back 4 anymore (because it doesnt work) so lets give kasami and boateng ago in the middle
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

In the Enclosure

Agreed - played in 2 won 2 - he is one of our strong arm men