watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Boateng needs to start

Started by Slaphead in Qatar, October 05, 2013, 05:01:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slaphead in Qatar

Showed energy and got stuck in. Looked much better than against sunderland.

Black, White and Fred

Agree, his passing was pretty good as well at times
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

Deanothefulhamfan

I agree completley.... the game changed slightly for us when he came on. Not been his biggest fan but that was a good performance alongisde my motm sidwell

itombomb

He's a much better footballer than Sidwell.

It was so refreshing to have a midfielder who doesn't look like they are running in treacle over the first five yards.

epsomraver

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on October 05, 2013, 05:11:12 PM
I agree completley.... the game changed slightly for us when he came on. Not been his biggest fan but that was a good performance alongisde my motm sidwell

Kasami MOM by a long chalk, he must have covered every blade of grass today

Deanothefulhamfan

Should have been sent of raver.... But yeah he played really well as well. Only jist behind sidwell for my motm

epsomraver

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on October 05, 2013, 05:15:00 PM
Should have been sent of raver.... But yeah he played really well as well. Only jist behind sidwell for my motm

for what?

alfie

Well i thought Senderos was excellent, i actually felt safer in the 2nd half with Hangeland gone.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

EJL

Quote from: epsomraver on October 05, 2013, 05:16:50 PM

for what?
Looked like he lashed out at Pieters (?) early on.

Slaphead in Qatar

For what? Brushing pieters hair?

alexbishop

I liked Boateng at Sunderland, he did a job many of you failed to spot, he broke down so many of their attacking movements (yes a few clumsy tackles thrown in but still did the job)
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

Deanothefulhamfan

Kasami lashed out early on.... Some refs could have given him a red.

Senderos started off a bit nervy almost giving a penalty away, but looked much better alongside amboreita.... I agree with Alfie that he played well second half

BarryP

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on October 05, 2013, 05:29:43 PM
Kasami lashed out early on.... Some refs could have given him a red.

It was a handbags kind of backward slap at Pieters who over dramatized the incident by going down like he had been caught with a good right hook.  However, it did look like Kasami's hand made contact with Pieters face and Kasami was a bit lucky not to be carded I think.  Having said that I did think Kasami's performance was the best in a Fulham shirt today.

Back on subject, I did think Boateng looked good and didn't really sit a foot wrong.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

Pluto

Boateng had his chance to shine today and was excellent. I hope he is rewarded with a start next week, alongside Parker if he is fit or Kasami moved t the middle if not.

I thought Sidwell was very poor today and gave the ball away on a number of occasions which was disappointing to see. Obviously can't fault the lad's effort but he just doesn't have the quality or vision going forward and is so limited in his passing.

Berserker

He'a big guy isn't he, rather in the mould of Etuhu
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Humbled

Very happy with Del Boy, Kasami and Senderos

MasterHaynes

Quote from: alexbishop on October 05, 2013, 05:29:22 PM
I liked Boateng at Sunderland, he did a job many of you failed to spot, he broke down so many of their attacking movements (yes a few clumsy tackles thrown in but still did the job)
I agree, he was superb in the 2 pre season friendlies, I still don't know how he blocked one goal bound rocket againsy Betis. I honestly thought he would be a starter this season, definitely feature as a last 20 minute guy at least. Quality player thats seems to intercept and block opposition passes and shots. When he had possesion plays simple ball quickly no unnecessary dawdling on the ball which is refreshing

WolverineFFC

The team is bereft of athleticism and strength, which is what Boateng provides. He should see some minutes beside Parker in the midfield going forward.

IMO, that is why Kasami, Boateng, and Amorebieta all seemed to stand out today. They all have pace. If you are going to start Berbatov and Ruiz, you need players who are going to run around behind them to cover up their lack of foot speed (or running in general).

Forever Fulham

My heart was in my throat when Senderos went for the break up play in the box and nicked the Stoke player.  But no call.  On the other hand, there was non call on an obvious foul in the box by a Stoke player, so it all evened out.  Senderos continues to improve.  Players are getting used to one another.  I don't understand what's happening with Hangeland.  Steady, reliable Brede is letting his team down.  I don't get it.  I don't know why Bent had to come in so late.  Is he that much out of shape?   Or was this just a knucklehead move by Jol that , by accident, paid off?  I think some players look bad against certain teams.  Stoke's manner of play makes Ruiz look worse.  He's a very talented player, but he doesn't handle the physical 'stuff' well.

fulhamben

i thought he looked ok at sunderland too. just miss timed a few tackles making him look like a walking red.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.