more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham look doomed to relegation

Started by Admin, November 20, 2013, 11:20:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: St Eve on November 20, 2013, 12:21:15 PM
Khan doesn't buy a premiership team and not invest or they won't be a premiership team. It makes no sense

It's not uncommon. Think about Aston Villa and Reading (Russian owner). Shirt sightedness and lack of knowledge code Reading and almost cost Villa.

Riverside

And easy story to tap out and fill an empty page .

And wrong .

I see evidence of Khan cutting costs ( both players and coaching salary bills have increased since he bought the club and the Riverside project is still on ).

I have also heard nothing about Khan not willing to invest in players in the future ( unless he means QPR style ).

grandad

What an absolute rubbish article published in perhaps the worst newspaper on the planet. I would like their press pass to The Cottage torn up.
Where there's a will there's a wife

nose

If amongst ourselves we spout doom and gloom, we are entitled. When the Mirror does it they should be aware their input is unwelcome and unhelpful and definitely lazy journalism.
Alternatively they could have written, things looking up for fulham with the injectyion of a new top class head coach witha genuinely proven track record and impecable credentials.
Whether berba stays or goes is for the future, if rene can get berba revitalised then wonderful.... onwards and upwards

tha's what they could have said. I shall continue not to purchase the popular press!!

EJL

When people say Khan isn't willing to invest based on the first transfer window he oversaw, what did they really expect him to do? Blindly spend £30 million with little to no knowledge of the SPORT, let alone the club? As many have said, surely Khan would've gone off advice from the CEO and Jol to fill in the blanks...

Burt

I would suggest that we are indeed in a relegation dogfight, so that is a fair cop.

A statement of the bleeding obvious, in fact.

So hats off to the ground breaking journos at the Mirror for revealing this to the world.

Baszab

It may be a poor article with no insight --- but we can't put our heads in the sand and be offended by the truth  -- we are 3rd from bottom - we have a pathetic attack - we have poor tactics - players who should be good enough but just don't care and are patently NOT FIT (especially the loanees)- ---

what do we naively expect anyway ? It's just a JOB for the players - they need to be organised from the top - by the manager and his coaches -  so let's hope this new bloke makes a difference --- otherwise the management at the top of this club will have to show some balls and act decisively

Logicalman

Quote from: Burt on November 20, 2013, 04:49:49 PM
I would suggest that we are indeed in a relegation dogfight, so that is a fair cop.

A statement of the bleeding obvious, in fact.

So hats off to the ground breaking journos at the Mirror for revealing this to the world.

.. and there we were, trying to keep it under our collective hats ..  :005:

FFCByTheRiver

It's late, it's lazy and it makes an embarrassingly poor comparison between the Jaguars and Fulham - he's done no research. There are some underlying points that are essentially true, but everyone already knew about them and they weren't exactly insightful. Really rubbish journalism.

MikeW

A dull week now folks until the press conferences on Friday.  What's to do other than make it up?

Mind, there is a point about Berbatov.  And Bent.  And Senderos . And Richardson.  Getting depressed myself now.  I'll sign off.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

Rudolph

Another negative headline when we are all looking forward the game this weekend. 

This place dies a death when there is good news and comes to life when there's bad. 

Fulham Tup North

Silly nothing story.  We ARE playing like a side facing relegation at the moment and yet a win on Saturday and suddenly we are in 14th and looking slightly more rosy.  It is far to early to write Fulham off.
And to compare us to the Jaguars regarding not spending money, why would he spend millions on the Jaguars when there is NO relegation in their league?  If it comes down to Fulham facing relegation, he would have to be very naïve not to invest as his initial investment would be halved.  Khan does not appear to be a man who would simply write of £100m and not blink.  That is why many decent journo's describe Mackintosh as one of the best CEO's in the Premier League. 
COYW
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Pluto

Lazy journalism, sensationalist article, I'll-researched......yes of course. But that doesn't change the fact that this article reflects some of the worries many of us have had in recent weeks about Khan's ownership. I've been voicing similar views for a while- speculation of course, but not totally without reason.

As far as Khan's ownership goes, time will tell; although this article can only be a good thing for as as far as I can see. Surely if Khan has any interest at all he will have read this and not liked the sorts of views people have started to put out about him. He certainly won't want to be known as a cheap stake.

EJL

Quote from: Pluto on November 20, 2013, 08:43:59 PM
Lazy journalism, sensationalist article, I'll-researched......yes of course. But that doesn't change the fact that this article reflects some of the worries many of us have had in recent weeks about Khan's ownership. I've been voicing similar views for a while- speculation of course, but not totally without reason.

As far as Khan's ownership goes, time will tell; although this article can only be a good thing for as as far as I can see. Surely if Khan has any interest at all he will have read this and not liked the sorts of views people have started to put out about him. He certainly won't want to be known as a cheap stake.
I doubt Khan got where he is today by focusing on what shoddy tabloid journalists think of him.

WolverineFFC

A poor Jaguars team has nothing to do with money being spent on FFC, plain and simple. The article is dumb for even implying it.

Other than both being professional sports teams, there is not that much in common with how the 2 leagues are run. You can't win with $$$ (see Jerry Jones) in the NFL. The hard salary cap (and floor for that matter) mean the teams are all essentially spending the same amount of cash yearly on players. You can't improve in free agency, since you are basically picking over the scraps of other teams unwanted nine times out of 10, so the only way to win is to accumulate draft picks, draft well, and hire good coaches. The Jags have determined (rightly so) that they are awful, so they have been dealing every useful asset they have for draft picks this season.

In the NFL it is better to be 2-14 than 5-11.

I am not sure if Khan will be a good or bad owner in the EPL. But I do know that the 2013 Jags performance does not reveal any useful information either way. People should stop trying to draw correlations between the two franchises (clubs) on the field.

Pluto

Quote from: EJL on November 20, 2013, 09:24:20 PM
Quote from: Pluto on November 20, 2013, 08:43:59 PM

I doubt Khan got where he is today by focusing on what shoddy tabloid journalists think of him.

Judging by how concerned he seems to be with his PR in this country and his endless efforts to shove the Jaguars in everyone's faces, I'd say he'd have someone keeping tabs on national news stories about him. No matter how shoddy and classless the Mirror is, it's still one of the UK's most widely read publications.

Twig

Quote from: WolverineFFC on November 20, 2013, 09:53:18 PM
A poor Jaguars team has nothing to do with money being spent on FFC, plain and simple. The article is dumb for even implying it.

Other than both being professional sports teams, there is not that much in common with how the 2 leagues are run. You can't win with $$$ (see Jerry Jones) in the NFL. The hard salary cap (and floor for that matter) mean the teams are all essentially spending the same amount of cash yearly on players. You can't improve in free agency, since you are basically picking over the scraps of other teams unwanted nine times out of 10, so the only way to win is to accumulate draft picks, draft well, and hire good coaches. The Jags have determined (rightly so) that they are awful, so they have been dealing every useful asset they have for draft picks this season.

I am not sure if Khan will be a good or bad owner in the EPL. But I do know that the 2013 Jags performance does not reveal any useful information either way. People should stop trying to draw correlations between the two franchises (clubs) on the field.

Just out of interest what is a free agency and what are draft picks?

Holders

Berbatov is not disinterested, he's uninterested. The "journalist" obviously doesn't know the difference.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

HatterDon

Quote from: Twig on November 21, 2013, 04:06:05 AM
Quote from: WolverineFFC on November 20, 2013, 09:53:18 PM

Just out of interest what is a free agency and what are draft picks?

You might want to Google those two terms when you have an opportunity to sit back for a while and digest a long read.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Bedford White

This article is pulled from the Mirror, the same tabloid that reported this very day that were linked with Lyon striker Bafetimbi Gomis "is considering Premier League offers for a January move, with Newcastle and Fulham interested." They don't know what they're doing!