watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

January...who would you like to see added or leave..merged

Started by Classic94, November 30, 2013, 07:16:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Classic94

I assume that by this time, Jol will be replaced by a competent manager and coaching team. This is what must happen:

- Bent & Taarabt sent back to their respective clubs.

- Berbatov, Ruiz, Duff & Riise sold (or, if not, isolated from the 1st team to run down their contracts).

- At least £20m spent on the 1st team squad. These players should be aged between 21-27.

- We need a CB, CM, a winger, and two strikers.

- We need pace. Lots of it.

- Integrate youth prospects into the team - ideally before January.

This may be unrealistic, but as far as I'm concerned, we don't have a choice. Radical changes are needed. Time for Khan to prove his mettle.

Rhys Lightning 63

@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

@jolslover

agree with everything apart from the taarabt point, thought he did very well today
STH H3

threedhomer

The problem is Sidwell and Parker.  Always has been. 

Rhys Lightning 63

Quote from: threedhomer on November 30, 2013, 07:50:39 PM

Not Parker. His workrate is something that all our team needs

EJL

Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on November 30, 2013, 08:04:57 PM

I agree to some extent with what threedhomer is saying. My view on it, however, is that the responsibilities assigned to Sidwell and Parker hugely outweigh their capabilities. Both are expected to shield an extremely leaky, and aging, defence and also act as the creative hub of the team. Sidwell isn't very good at either of those things but he plays because of his work-rate; Parker reads the game incredibly well, but probably doesn't have the subtlety (anymore) to be a midfield playmaker.

Chutney

Taarabt did well today but he won't be here next year. Send him back, we don't need loan mercenaries anymore. We need players who are actually affected by the results of the team. Bent and Taarabt laughing as we conceded a few weeks ago said it all. They won't be the players fighting for us to survive, they leave in may, our relegation has no effect on their careers in any way shape or form.
C O Y W

Rhys Lightning 63

Quote from: EJL on November 30, 2013, 08:10:04 PM
The problem is Sidwell and Parker.  Always has been.  

I agree to some extent with what threedhomer is saying. My view on it, however, is that the responsibilities assigned to Sidwell and Parker hugely outweigh their capabilities. Both are expected to shield an extremely leaky, and aging, defence and also act as the creative hub of the team. Sidwell isn't very good at either of those things but he plays because of his work-rate; Parker reads the game incredibly well, but probably doesn't have the subtlety (anymore) to be a midfield playmaker.

Agree with you there. Outstanding at the back, but can't go forward, so why give him that role? Put him in the Claude Makelele spot (circa 2004-07) and let the others go forward

EJL

Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on November 30, 2013, 08:12:11 PM
Quote from: EJL on November 30, 2013, 08:10:04 PM
The problem is Sidwell and Parker.  Always has been.  

Agree with you there. Outstanding at the back, but can't go forward, so why give him that role? Put him in the Claude Makelele spot (circa 2004-07) and let the others go forward

grandad

If there is a manager out there who could motivate our load of dross I don´t know if he would want to come to us. Anyone out there who is still unemployed can´t be very good or they would have found a club by now.
As far as new players goes we need a LB, CB, creative MF, striker. This to be partly funded by releasing or selling, Riise,Duff, Sidwell,Berbatov & Richardson.
Where there's a will there's a wife

SimpleTactics

I've been saying for months that Richardson is not cut out to be a Premier League player.

tonynorton

Not just richardson! Hughes aswell brilliant servant to the club but is way passwd his best and he not keep up anymore! I could go on on about loads more of the first 11 aswell but its all been said already

HatterDon

yes to all of you, because if there's one thing we can all agree upon, it's that our horrific form over the last 13 months is COMPLETELY down to individual players.

fp.gif
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

yorkie

Hello everyone,

First time posting but have been reading the comments for a while. I was slightly optimistic before the game but once the first goal went in, it was a question of how many they would score.

I think if Jol were to be sacked he would have gone by now so I think he will be around at least until the Spurs game but if we lose the next two he has got to be sacked. I have no idea who will take over but anyone will be better than Jol. I hope we bring in Murphy as a coach.

I agree we do need to spend a good 20 million. I don't know what you guys think but I think Guidetti would be a good signing. Not sure he would be the right signing to get us out of this mess but will do well for us in the long term. Kaboul looks like he will be on his way out from spurs, and could possibly do a decent job at the back for us. I think we need to get rid of Senderos, Richardson, Sidwell, Duff, Berbatov and Ruiz. I would consider keeping Hughes and Karagounis as player coaches. If we can get some decent loan players I would think about sending back the two we have got. If Taarabt can sort out his decision making and pass the ball once in a while he would be a fantastic player.  I think we need a new left back, 2 central defenders, a good holding midfield, a creative midfield player, another option on the left wing as well as the right wing, and two new forwards if we get rid of Berbatov, Ruiz and Bent. Essentially we need to rip up the team and start again.

Team until the window opens in a 4-3-3/4-5-1 formation. The players can also be adapted to play 4-2-3-1 and 4-4-2.
GK - Steck
LB - Richardson (only until the window opens up)
RB - Reither
CB - Amorebieta
CB - Hangeland if 100% fit. If not....I don't know, I think Senderos and Hughes are both past playing at this level.
Mid - Parker, Boateng, Kasami. I would give Kasami the freedom to move up and support the attack. I don't know if Zverotic could playing in that defensive role?
LW - Taarabt/Rodders
RW - Dejagah
F- Bent if we keep him and Rodders is not playing on the wing.

I would also start pushing the likes of Dembele, Plumain, Della Verde, Passley, Grimmer, Richards, Tankovic, Vigen and Davids towards the first team. Put some of them Bench.

I think the majority of the line up will at least try even though they may not be any good. We will have a little bit more pace. Here's hoping for an improvement!

callumc513

Quote from: yorkie on December 01, 2013, 04:46:03 PM
Hello everyone,

First time posting but have been reading the comments for a while. I was slightly optimistic before the game but once the first goal went in, it was a question of how many they would score.

I think if Jol were to be sacked he would have gone by now so I think he will be around at least until the Spurs game but if we lose the next two he has got to be sacked. I have no idea who will take over but anyone will be better than Jol. I hope we bring in Murphy as a coach.

I agree we do need to spend a good 20 million. I don't know what you guys think but I think Guidetti would be a good signing. Not sure he would be the right signing to get us out of this mess but will do well for us in the long term. Kaboul looks like he will be on his way out from spurs, and could possibly do a decent job at the back for us. I think we need to get rid of Senderos, Richardson, Sidwell, Duff, Berbatov and Ruiz. I would consider keeping Hughes and Karagounis as player coaches. If we can get some decent loan players I would think about sending back the two we have got. If Taarabt can sort out his decision making and pass the ball once in a while he would be a fantastic player.  I think we need a new left back, 2 central defenders, a good holding midfield, a creative midfield player, another option on the left wing as well as the right wing, and two new forwards if we get rid of Berbatov, Ruiz and Bent. Essentially we need to rip up the team and start again.

Team until the window opens in a 4-3-3/4-5-1 formation. The players can also be adapted to play 4-2-3-1 and 4-4-2.
GK - Steck
LB - Richardson (only until the window opens up)
RB - Reither
CB - Amorebieta
CB - Hangeland if 100% fit. If not....I don't know, I think Senderos and Hughes are both past playing at this level.
Mid - Parker, Boateng, Kasami. I would give Kasami the freedom to move up and support the attack. I don't know if Zverotic could playing in that defensive role?
LW - Taarabt/Rodders
RW - Dejagah
F- Bent if we keep him and Rodders is not playing on the wing.

I would also start pushing the likes of Dembele, Plumain, Della Verde, Passley, Grimmer, Richards, Tankovic, Vigen and Davids towards the first team. Put some of them Bench.

I think the majority of the line up will at least try even though they may not be any good. We will have a little bit more pace. Here's hoping for an improvement!

Take it you don't listen to the news?
(;

zschwartz

The squad is decent or worse all around. The question shouldn't be who has got to go but "who should we keep?" 

Taraabt played well? Repeatedly poking a ball around one midfielder and then losing it to the very next defender? It is true that he tried something, 'at least,' to go it alone over and over. But his diving was near Ashley Young levels of disgraceful... Karagounis was overheard suggesting he ease up a bit.

if we're building around effort and competence it's going to be a rather empty team sheet. Riether is on there. Dejagah's ability before his injury keeps him in. Kacaniklic is around, if only as a squad player until he proves otherwise. Sidwell and Parker could fit into some new squad, though maybe not on the field at the same time.  Zverotic hasn't been given enough of a chance.

otherwise... its a little bleak.

Bassey the warrior

I've seen very little of Buttner, Zaha, Anderson and Bardsley so can't really make a judgement on whether they'd be good signings. One player I think would be perfect is Shane Long. He's been strongly linked with Hull and is ideal for the lone striker role: hard working, quick, makes good runs and gets in the box. He's a Bent-AJ hybrid and could get us 10 goals maybe. I'd keep Bent as a super sub.

the nutflush

Shane Long yes please.

EJL

Not entirely convinced with Shane Long. He's pretty much Andy Johnson.

alfie

Quote from: HatterDon on December 01, 2013, 02:32:43 PM
yes to all of you, because if there's one thing we can all agree upon, it's that our horrific form over the last 13 months is COMPLETELY down to individual players.

fp.gif

Sorry Mr HD surely even you cannot believe it is totally down to Jol either, are you absolving the players of any responsibility in their individual performances, whether you have tactcis or not, passing the ball is basic footballing stuff, being able to pick out your own players, defending at corners all basic's that these so called professional experienced players should not need coaching in.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't