watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

January...who would you like to see added or leave..merged

Started by Classic94, November 30, 2013, 07:16:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Craven Mad

I'd love to buy either Will Hughes or (a fit) Anderson to partner Parker in the centre of the field.

Purchase Stefano Denswill or (if we can) bring back Dan Burn, to join the defence.

Try to bring in Zaha or Januzaj on Loan - guaranteed playing time under Rene could persuade Utd to let us borrow two of their rising stars.

Dempsey on loan, could also do a job for us. I know he didn't leave on great terms, but - for me - a bad month didn't undo the years of energy he gave for us. We need goals. All demps does is score..

And buy a pacey striker, like Shane Long or Guidetti, to give the midfield some options up front.

I think we need a better LB, too (who can cross the ball), but I don't think that Buttner is good enough defensively, and can't think of better names who are available.

As an aside, I'd take practically anyone from Spurs bench - Defoe, Sigudsson, Holtby, Dembele, Lennon, Kaboul, Naughton etc. But, Spurs don't have a great history of selling to us, so probably unlikely..

Julius Geezer

We need players that are willing to fight for the future of the club and hungry to succeed.

Loan signings are too much of a risk.

We need youthful players that are ready to step up.

Maybe we need to look to the Championship.

Experience doesn't  count for everything, as we've discovered with the current set of players.

ltd-ffc

Firstly I would like to say hi everybody as I am new to this!
secondly I would like to see who people would like to see come to our club January and who out ?
is there anybody not is not instantly obvious that you reckon would bring us quality and a hard working ethic that we are clearly lack?

I think we would benefit from a big lump upfront along side pacey players perhaps even offering pavel progrebnyak an offer to come back and getting him off big wages at reading.

p.s shame we are not in a better position this season we could of looked at urby emanuelson on a pre-contract as his contract is up at the end of the season.
"Happy that Middlesbrough didn't go up, just for the main fact that @Patrick_Bamford is a sausage boy" Ryan Tunnicliffe June 2015

ltd-ffc

"Happy that Middlesbrough didn't go up, just for the main fact that @Patrick_Bamford is a sausage boy" Ryan Tunnicliffe June 2015

Craven Mad

Welcome to the board.

There's actually already a thread on this called 'January...', in which a lot of people have made similar suggestions for possible transfer targets.

Maybe head over there to see what people think?

http://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php?topic=34361.0

Rudolph

Quote from: ltd-ffc on December 03, 2013, 12:24:33 PM
wow that font size is huge apologies

Brilliant.  Cracking way to make an impact.

I agree regarding the big lump.  We tried to pump endless balls to Bent and nothing stuck.  Not saying it should be our route out of trouble, but it helps when plan B needs to be actioned.  There might be that the same situ arises that Pog come to us in with 6 months left on his contract.  We definitely need an option.

Aaron

Quote from: ltd-ffc on December 03, 2013, 12:23:57 PM
pavel progrebnyak
urby emanuelson

Well, I'd always said I'd like to see some "big name players" join the club.. But this isn't quite what I meant ;)

ltd-ffc

Quote from: Rudolph on December 03, 2013, 12:40:46 PM

Brilliant.  Cracking way to make an impact.

I agree regarding the big lump.  We tried to pump endless balls to Bent and nothing stuck.  Not saying it should be our route out of trouble, but it helps when plan B needs to be actioned.  There might be that the same situ arises that Pog come to us in with 6 months left on his contract.  We definitely need an option.

Haha useless with this sort of thing hopefully get the hang of it soon.

i struggle to see who is going to come to us the position we are in lets hope that players transfer their respect for rene into wanting to fight for our cause

ltd-ffc

Quote from: Craven Mad on December 03, 2013, 12:36:19 PM
Welcome to the board.

There's actually already a thread on this called 'January...', in which a lot of people have made similar suggestions for possible transfer targets.

Maybe head over there to see what people think?

http://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php?topic=34361.0

Thanks mate

ltd-ffc

bardsley could be a good option he does put in a shift.

shame we are not in a better position to offer michah richards a way out for 1st team footy.

all would be forgotten in my eyes if dempsey came back on loan and bagged few for us his shift work alone is worthy of signing him. I would be gutted to see him anywhere else.

hopefully rene can get either anderson/buttner/zaha or as many as he could on loan or anderson permanent maybe.

how much if any at all do you reckon we have available for us.

i do see January window as a huge opportunity to offload riise on a free and berba for a few mill would seriously lighten our wage bill in order to bag few people.

Really do think we missed out big time on huddlestone last window.

Classic94

No more short-term fixes. This policy has failed. We need to invest in younger players with sell-on potential. Obviously, this would require a greater outlay, but it's more sustainable than building our squad around 30-somethings. Dembele is the perfect example. Bought for 5m at 23 y/o, and sold for double this 2 years later. We should also consider those who are out of favour at their current clubs. Bertrand, Buttner, Naughton, Cork, Rodwell, Anderson, Allen, Long etc. would all improve our squad. We could even dip into the lower divisions or overseas markets. I'm sure that Will Hughes and Tom Ince could make the step up. We have been a Premier League fixture for over 12 seasons and we need to show some ambition to extend our stay.

EJL

Quote from: ltd-ffc on December 03, 2013, 01:07:04 PM

I agree regarding the big lump.  We tried to pump endless balls to Bent and nothing stuck.  Not saying it should be our route out of trouble, but it helps when plan B needs to be actioned.  There might be that the same situ arises that Pog come to us in with 6 months left on his contract.  We definitely need an option.

i struggle to see who is going to come to us the position we are in lets hope that players transfer their respect for rene into wanting to fight for our cause
If this whole Jol situation has taught us anything it's that people outside of Fulham take a while to register what goes on at this club. Some still don't quite have the full picture: I've seen a few columns suggesting the West Ham result was the sole reason for Jol's departure. So when we apply this 'slow reaction' trend to potential transfer targets, I don't think they'll be too phased by the whole thing. One, because we still have a decent rep following the EL run, and two, we now have supposedly one of the best coaches in Europe managing the team. It could be a lot worse for a player looking to make a splash in the Premier League.

ltd-ffc

Quote from: EJL on December 03, 2013, 01:23:39 PM

If this whole Jol situation has taught us anything it's that people outside of Fulham take a while to register what goes on at this club. Some still don't quite have the full picture: I've seen a few columns suggesting the West Ham result was the sole reason for Jol's departure. So when we apply this 'slow reaction' trend to potential transfer targets, I don't think they'll be too phased by the whole thing. One, because we still have a decent rep following the EL run, and two, we now have supposedly one of the best coaches in Europe managing the team. It could be a lot worse for a player looking to make a splash in the Premier League.
I guess it could be worse especially if they actually done their homework on our recent disappointing attempt of being an EPL team.
fingers crossed rene has few favours to call in or a few tricks up his sleeve

ltd-ffc

Quote from: Classic94 on December 03, 2013, 01:16:11 PM
No more short-term fixes. This policy has failed. We need to invest in younger players with sell-on potential. Obviously, this would require a greater outlay, but it's more sustainable than building our squad around 30-somethings. Dembele is the perfect example. Bought for 5m at 23 y/o, and sold for double this 2 years later. We should also consider those who are out of favour at their current clubs. Bertrand, Buttner, Naughton, Cork, Rodwell, Anderson, Allen, Long etc. would all improve our squad. We could even dip into the lower divisions or overseas markets. I'm sure that Will Hughes and Tom Ince could make the step up. We have been a Premier League fixture for over 12 seasons and we need to show some ambition to extend our stay.
some good points and options there especially the out of favour tactic. however i cannot see ince or hughes coming to us they will both do a zaha and go big clubs. now and again you get good young players that realise its best to go to clubs like us for example like jack butland but look whats happened to him straight back out on loan to lower division

Craven Mad

Agree with every point you make. Kahn needs to realise that sustainability is more than just extra seats and cheap/old players. Southhampton are the best example of a team that wisely invests in youth - Llana, Clyne, Shaw, Rodriguez etc are all examples of names mentioned on this board years and years ago - but we chose ageing 'names instead'...

ToodlesMcToot

The only thing I can believe about someone who says this is that they must have just begun watching us play.

I do believe that the higher ups likely were giving him several more games to turn it around. After all, Rene was his hire and two games (I believe) isn't really enough time to see the benefits of that change.

It was the manner of our capitulation in the West Ham game that broke the camel's back. Even the most optimistic of fans would have seen that these players have just don't have a fighting spirit in them any longer.

Agreed that Rene's reputation should help us recruit players.

I don't know how much residual umph our Euro run has anymore. That cow's been milked.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

FFC1987

ltd-ffc

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on December 03, 2013, 01:42:59 PM

Brilliant.  Cracking way to make an impact.

I agree regarding the big lump.  We tried to pump endless balls to Bent and nothing stuck.  Not saying it should be our route out of trouble, but it helps when plan B needs to be actioned.  There might be that the same situ arises that Pog come to us in with 6 months left on his contract.  We definitely need an option.

The only thing I can believe about someone who says this is that they must have just begun watching us play.

I do believe that the higher ups likely were giving him several more games to turn it around. After all, Rene was his hire and two games (I believe) isn't really enough time to see the benefits of that change.

It was the manner of our capitulation in the West Ham game that broke the camel's back. Even the most optimistic of fans would have seen that these players have just don't have a fighting spirit in them any longer.

I don't know how much residual umph our Euro run has anymore. That cow's been milked.
I for one was one of those optimists.
It just got to the point when martin jols expressions epitomised the team as a whole.
surely a lost cause underneath a manager who was becoming deflated with his own "berbatov syndrome"

EJL

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on December 03, 2013, 01:42:59 PM

Pretty much most non-Fulham fans come under that criteria.

ltd-ffc

Quote from: Craven Mad on December 03, 2013, 01:35:45 PM

Agree with every point you make. Kahn needs to realise that sustainability is more than just extra seats and cheap/old players. Southhampton are the best example of a team that wisely invests in youth - Llana, Clyne, Shaw, Rodriguez etc are all examples of names mentioned on this board years and years ago - but we chose ageing 'names instead'...
and the difficulty now is to either sign the good youth that will fight for us (hopefully) and the proven ageing names who could possibly make us do a QParse.