Main Menu

The January Silly Season thread

Started by Riverside, December 16, 2013, 05:50:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gbgera

It'll Kostas a lot for a striker unproven at of Greece I worry

..Kya.ffc..

Quote from: Pluto on January 29, 2014, 08:19:22 PM
Is Kvist actually any good? I've heard mixed things and have never seen the lad. Is he a playmaker? I'd sell my soul for a good deep lying playmaker right now.

Quote from: PokerMatt on January 29, 2014, 05:21:40 PM
Quote from: jmh on January 29, 2014, 03:24:05 PM
Quote from: PokerMatt on January 29, 2014, 03:22:46 PM
I watch a lot of German footy. Kvist is good. .... Not creative but hard working,...
So, in other words, the same as the central midfielders we already have?

No. As the rest of my post said. He's much more disciplined than both Parker and Sidwell and would presumably fit in the DM role but as a water carrier. There's plenty to his game and he's not a headless chicken like our Siddy.

Haven't seen him play for awhile so I do not know his current lvl, but PokerMatt's description is good.
Beers may have been involved in this post.

bmasar

Quote from: Furby on January 29, 2014, 08:36:31 PM
Haha this is very funny.

Karagounis presumably at Heathrow for the 20:50 from Athens with an armful of plates. #Mitroglou

I don't get the joke, can you explain it?

jmh

Quote from: KCat on January 29, 2014, 08:38:19 PM
Greek Football ‏@greekfooty 2h
Mitroglou's move to Fulham has shaded a very good transfer . They (Olympiakos ) have announced  the replacement signing Israeli midfielder Bibras Natkho
This is wrong.  Natkho signed for PAOK, not Olympiakos.

http://www.paokfc.gr/news-el/paiktis-tou-paok-o-bibras-natkho/

Northern Cottager

Quote from: MagicMladen on January 29, 2014, 08:41:16 PM
It'll Kostas a lot for a striker unproven at of Greece I worry

Someone sounds miffed that we've moved on from Mr Petric ;)

Northern Cottager

Quote from: bmasar on January 29, 2014, 08:45:25 PM
Quote from: Furby on January 29, 2014, 08:36:31 PM
Haha this is very funny.

Karagounis presumably at Heathrow for the 20:50 from Athens with an armful of plates. #Mitroglou

I don't get the joke, can you explain it?

Greeks smash plates!

Zu-Meister

Greek Football tweet: Kostas Mitroglou currently on BA's flight 633 en route to London and @FulhamFC! He is expected to land at Heathrow at 9pm local time.

Blanco

Quote from: ffcbulgaria on January 29, 2014, 07:48:55 PM
40k per week. If he scores every 2 weeks that's like a thousand times better return on his wages than Berba gives

I hope he signs the contract tomorrow and at the end of the season when he's singlehandedly saved us lets out a "THIS IS SPARTA" roar

Dude I laughed so hard. That would be awesome!

filham

Well this sounds like a little more than the usual window rumour, only a couple more days to go so we should know for sure soon,
Great if we can clinch this signing as well as a proven midfielder and left back

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

I hope it's 12.4 million.
I don't like the 11 price tag,
Weren't these 3 in the 11M range:  Ruiz, Marlet and Johnson (although he had his good moments and always tried hard)
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Jem

Quote from: Furby on January 29, 2014, 08:27:16 PM
Well I work for BA and could look at the passenger list, but that would be against the data protection act.
he will fly Aegean Airways anyway!
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

Blanco

Quote from: rusty shackleford on January 29, 2014, 08:47:43 PM
is he injured

I don't think so. I doubt there would be so much speculation if he was. He didn't play last Sunday in the League or even tonight in the cup so good signs.

Count Berbatov

To be honest, I didn't know Kostas until I Googled him.
And I am mighty impressed with what I saw. I know it's highlights, but you can't mask the quality and skills this man possesses
I mean I saw him score with both feet. Usually players favor one, even though they are excellent with both. Like Ronaldo. But this guy something else
I saw him combine and not lose composure in front of goal. . Very smart, very mature for a 25 years old. Good header of the ball.. Strong physically, saw him shake off defenders like feathers.
There was nothing random or lucky in that video. It was all jus cool, predator instinct and talent
He's no Ruiz or Bent. He's get both their qualities.
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

Count Berbatov

I would love to see him give Berba some inspiration up front. Those two will be lethal
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

bmasar

Quote from: Blanco on January 29, 2014, 09:24:02 PM
Quote from: rusty shackleford on January 29, 2014, 08:47:43 PM
is he injured

I don't think so. I doubt there would be so much speculation if he was. He didn't play last Sunday in the League or even tonight in the cup so good signs.

I believe he does have an injury. The Greek football thread posted in the transfer thread had references from Oly fans to some sort of minor injury.

cmg

Quote from: Count Berbatov on January 29, 2014, 09:25:34 PM

He's no Ruiz or Bent. He's get both their qualities.

Ruiz's pace and physical presence + Bent's first touch and technical skills?

Only kidding. He looks frightening enough in the videos. Might get a bit more attention from markers in the PL, but looks like he could handle a bit of tap.

God The Mechanic

Quote from: bmasar on January 29, 2014, 09:27:40 PM
I believe he does have an injury. The Greek football thread posted in the transfer thread had references from Oly fans to some sort of minor injury.

Likely something small, like a bout of impending transfer.  The lesser of the two transfer injuries, with the worst one being transfer requestitis - something Schwarzer had a few years back and kept him out of action for a few weeks.

Jamie88

Someone change the title of this thread! So misleading

rusty shackleford