watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Singing for Dempsey

Started by Whiteroom, December 22, 2013, 02:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whiteroom

I really really hope that when Dempsey steps back onto the Craven Cottage turf he is given a monumental cheer, and some lung-busting singing. It would be very special. He was a very important player for us, and scored some crucial goals. We don't KNOW what happened when he left, and so I would like to think that he chose to come back here to help his old club and share some more good times with a group of supporters that he shared an incredible relationship with while he was here.

bog

I always felt that Jol made his leaving full of bad feeling. There was certainly none when Jol himself left!
Pure and unadulterated joy!

092.gif

bobby01

Quote from: Whiteroom on December 22, 2013, 02:32:25 PM
I really really hope that when Dempsey steps back onto the Craven Cottage turf he is given a monumental cheer, and some lung-busting singing. It would be very special. He was a very important player for us, and scored some crucial goals. We don't KNOW what happened when he left, and so I would like to think that he chose to come back here to help his old club and share some more good times with a group of supporters that he shared an incredible relationship with while he was here.

:plus one:
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

PokerMatt

:plus one:

The relationship was always special and he always acknowledged the support from us. He's the kind of player who performs even better with crowd backing and I think he may just have a point to prove.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Fulham76

Quote from: bog on December 22, 2013, 02:38:30 PM
I always felt that Jol made his leaving full of bad feeling. There was certainly none when Jol himself left!

092.gif

I think Jol had a lot to do with Dempsey, (and a few others), leaving. He clearly had a knack of falling out with people!
I don't know Jol personally, yet I don't like him either...  :023:

LordNelson

If you truly support Fulham, then you should heartily cheer our new arrivals come January, Dempsey & others yet known.  If the player does well, the team does well.  We've got a fight on our hands, and we need some fighters to stay up.  It's time to resurrect Fortress Cottage!!! :yay: :clap_hands: 049:gif
"The Right Honorable Lord Viscount Nelson K.B., Vice-Admiral of the WHITE ... Fulham expects that every man will do his duty!"

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: LordNelson on December 22, 2013, 03:36:52 PM
If you truly support Fulham, then you should heartily cheer our new arrivals come January, Dempsey & others yet known.  If the player does well, the team does well.  We've got a fight on our hands, and we need some fighters to stay up.  It's time to resurrect Fortress Cottage!!! :yay: :clap_hands: 049:gif

I'll just add that the same treatment should be given to certain current players who've worked hard for Fulham, but haven't had the best run of form......possibly because they've not been put in the best position to succeed, possibly because they're just not meant for this league, but definitely not because they haven't worked for the team.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Rhys Lightning 63

I'm really annoyed that I have to miss his homecoming (ironically because I'm in The States until the 7th), the first time the words 'HE SCORES WITH HIS LEFT', come from the Hammy End will be something special
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

RidgeRider

092.gif

I agree. I don't know that we will see the old Dempsey, but I do think this gives him a chance to make things right with us. I feel the Cottage will welcome him back warmly.

PokerMatt

Quote from: RidgeRider on December 22, 2013, 04:23:09 PM

092.gif

I agree. I don't know that we will see the old Dempsey, but I do think this gives him a chance to make things right with us. I feel the Cottage will welcome him back warmly.

I don't see why we wouldn't see the old Dempsey. He's only 30 (young for us) and his game hasn't been about pace, which is usually the first thing to go.

He's a battler and that's what we need.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

One Martin Thomas

He's bound to have had other offers, but he chose to come home !  I know we'll be singing that song about his left, his right and making Drogba look you know what !!!

ToodlesMcToot

I just love that there's an opportunity for Dempsey, the club, and the fans to make this right.

His performances for us over his tenure deserve their place in our history......without any asterisk(s).
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

ffc1967

He scored many great goals for us, but the one that will live in the memory for a very long time is the winner against Juventus......for this he will always be a Fulham legend.

http://www.soccerclips.net/videos/fulham-4-1-juventus-dempsey

LBNo11

...the fact that he chose to come back to Fulham shows he has a real affection for the club, we don't know the full facts about his leaving, and probably never will, but I am willing to support him 100% because of the potential he has for helping save our season, and possibly the club's future. He has always been there for us when we needed him, and we should return the favour...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

BestOfBrede

049:gif
Quote from: One Martin Thomas on December 22, 2013, 04:37:30 PM
He's bound to have had other offers, but he chose to come home !  I know we'll be singing that song about his left, his right and making Drogba look you know what !!!
Maybe Drogba should be replaced now?
How's about Suarez!

One Martin Thomas

Quote from: BestOfBrede on December 22, 2013, 09:35:17 PM
How's about Suarez!

Suarez may be pushing it.  What about Torres ?

BestOfBrede

Quote from: One Martin Thomas on December 22, 2013, 10:51:31 PM
How's about Suarez!

Suarez may be pushing it.  What about Torres ?
Problem is Torres is *$+/^  !

valdeingruo

Quote from: BestOfBrede on December 23, 2013, 08:21:35 AM
Quote from: One Martin Thomas on December 22, 2013, 10:51:31 PM
He's bound to have had other offers, but he chose to come home !  I know we'll be singing that song about his left, his right and making Drogba look you know what !!!
How's about Suarez!

Suarez may be pushing it.  What about Torres ?
Problem is Torres is *$+/^  !

That one is a theory, Torres scored a hatful last year, and this, its just the club he plays for has so many on and off the field problems it seems like he is poo.

Just my opinion.

Now if we were to say Sturridge, Rooney or Soldado...
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

Nero

I would like Dempsey to come out and explain what went on when he left every one at the club then has left Jol & MAF, leaving Dempsey now to explain his actions to the Fans that are still here. He said at the time it will come out at sometime well now is that time.

Forever Fulham

Quote from: Nero on December 23, 2013, 12:07:48 PM
I would like Dempsey to come out and explain what went on when he left every one at the club then has left Jol & MAF, leaving Dempsey now to explain his actions to the Fans that are still here. He said at the time it will come out at sometime well now is that time.
That's a great idea.  Clear the air.  MAF and Jol are gone.  Why not?    Maybe he should wait till the end of his loan, the last day perhaps, just so it doesn't create any unpleasantness for the club while he's under contract, playing.