watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Send Burn back, or

Started by Admin, January 14, 2014, 08:21:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PokerMatt

Not just his peers, his elders! Top performance.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

bigalffc

Quote from: Parkway Drive on January 14, 2014, 09:49:05 PM
With our other options currently only being Senderos, Amorebieta and Hughes I'd definitely have no problem with him staying/starting here.
:plus one:
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

Herbie

I liked the fact that there was no messing around, just simple CB stuff.  You could see what impact his loan spells in the lower leagues have had on him.

It was also nice to see him do a lap of honour after his home debut.

Well done.

Rhys Lightning 63

I noticed the same thing. That takes A LOT of guts to point to your captain and tell him what to do.

I really believe that he is The Next Big Thing
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Furby

I was at the game tonight and I'm glad I'm not the only one that spotted that. Showed real maturity and confidence.

K33NY

Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on January 14, 2014, 10:40:06 PM
I noticed the same thing. That takes A LOT of guts to point to your captain and tell him what to do.

I really believe that he is The Next Big Thing

If we let him go, to any other club, we lose a great CD who seems to know excactly what he is doing out there! Great leadership! :)

Zu-Meister

Re Left Back: We could keep Burn, play him and hangeland in the middle with Amorebieta at left back.

ffc73

Even if Burn is not selected for the Arsenal game I would keep him for the Sheffield fixture as Birmingham are through as well he can't play for them on 25th so he might as well stay & play for us & then we could still send him back out on loan before 31st. If we choose to

epsomraver

Quote from: Furby on January 14, 2014, 10:41:22 PM
I was at the game tonight and I'm glad I'm not the only one that spotted that. Showed real maturity and confidence.

:plus one: narrowly shaded from MoM by Sidwell.

FPT

He was simply fantastic today. It's easy to forget he's only 21.

As you say, for his home debut to be communicating that well and confidently with his team mates was a joy to see. He was good on the ball, though one or two too many long balls but that can be drilled out of him, see Brede Hangeland.

I don't want to tempt fate but I think we've got a potential International on our hands... But let's keep our feet on the ground, I believe some people said the same about Briggsy. Full of potential and very good game, but let's see what happens.

callumc513

Quote from: epsomraver on January 14, 2014, 10:51:19 PM
Quote from: Furby on January 14, 2014, 10:41:22 PM

:plus one: narrowly shaded from MoM by Sidwell.

Those two were brilliant, Dejagah too!

JackyFulham90

Dejagah is a quality player
Very impressed with Burn

alfie

Some posters say that there would be too much pressure on Burn to play in a relegation battle, well tonight proved to me that the lad is morethan capable to do the job and is very well set up to sit in that CB spot now, i made the point that he has been playing at Birmingham who have massive pressure on them to avoid relegation themselves, looking at him i really don't think the pressure would get to him, very confident lad.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Jack Fulham

Two seasons in the lower leagues has done him some good. We should try and give more of our players that sort of experience.

alfie

It was good to see Hangeland back but he really needs to get his passing sorted out.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

epsomraver

Quote from: alfie on January 14, 2014, 11:10:08 PM
It was good to see Hangeland back but he really needs to get his passing sorted out.

Give him a chance, first game back and you are moaning? he had some wayward passes in the first half but soon settled down, he forgot we don't have a striker who can read the game and run on to a pass.

JackyFulham90

I think he should start Saturday next to Hangeland although if he returns to Birmingham I trust Rene

Luffy86

Luffy86

Quote from: bigalffc on January 14, 2014, 10:34:46 PM
Quote from: Parkway Drive on January 14, 2014, 09:49:05 PM
With our other options currently only being Senderos, Amorebieta and Hughes I'd definitely have no problem with him staying/starting here.
:plus one:

Couldn't agree more!

Pluto

Quote from: FFC73 on January 14, 2014, 10:51:12 PM
Even if Burn is not selected for the Arsenal game I would keep him for the Sheffield fixture as Birmingham are through as well he can't play for them on 25th so he might as well stay & play for us & then we could still send him back out on loan before 31st. If we choose to

Smart option