watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Send Burn back, or

Started by Admin, January 14, 2014, 08:21:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pluto

He looked decent but he's not the messiah people have made him out to be. Looks like he lacks composure and passing ability at the moment and he kept giving the ball away with long range punts.

He also played against a very poor Norwich side. I'd send him back where he can play week in week out and start Hangeland (in his favoured LCB position) and Senderos as my first choice pairing since they looked good at the start of the season, where we conceded considerably fewer goals. Get rid of Riise and Amorebieta can provide LB and CB cover from the bench, Hughes CB and RB (in an emergency).

Andy S

Norwich were not world beaters last night. Let Burn go back to Brum for the rest of the season and keep up his development.

K33NY

Quote from: MJG on January 15, 2014, 08:04:06 AM
Quote from: elgreenio on January 15, 2014, 07:35:32 AM
not writing him off at all but there are some massively optimistic and over-enthusiastic people on here. He's had a pretty average season at Birmingham by all accounts and should go back there after the 4th Round
For once we will disagree. The 4 CB's we have (including Brede) have been below average. His time on loan is done, he was vocal last night, no nonsense at times. He's not perfect and may well struggle against better players, but who out of current backs doesn't?
Let him get the experience for the rest of the season here, he doesn't have to play every game so no need to have him in the firing line every week.
10 games between now and end of the season will set him up for next season, whatever division we are in.

Completely agree more with you, at hes age, and hes skills, this is the time for him to get first team experience, doesnt have to be every match, but for a player hes age to develop at hes best, to get to know PL, and to get to get experience with star opponents, this is the time for him to play on Fulham, get him on regurarely now and I think he will be a key player later!

Zu-Meister

Rene Considering keeping Burn article: http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/fulham-considering-keeping-burn-29919389.html

If we do indeed keep him, and hangeland is fully fit. The defense should be:

Amorebieta   Burn   Hangeland   Riether

Craven Mad

Quote from: Zu-Meister on January 15, 2014, 02:45:33 PM
Rene Considering keeping Burn article: http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/fulham-considering-keeping-burn-29919389.html

Agree that Amore at LB is a useful option, but only against strong teams - where his long-delivery and defensive resilience would be more useful than R/Rs' attacking movement, particularly as a starting point for a counter.

However, Richardson and Riise have looked much improved lately, and Richardson was immense last night. There was one point where he made 3 big tackles in a row, and showed great energy and commitment. I hope he stays fit for a while..

The left is definitely a weak area, with none of the combinations of Kaca/Richardson/Riise/Amore/Briggs offering a complete attacking or defensive force.. I hope we see improvements there in the coming weeks.

Zu-Meister

Quote from: Craven Mad on January 15, 2014, 03:03:04 PM
Quote from: Zu-Meister on January 15, 2014, 02:45:33 PM

Agree that Amore at LB is a useful option, but only against strong teams - where his long-delivery and defensive resilience would be more useful than R/Rs' attacking movement, particularly as a starting point for a counter.

However, Richardson and Riise have looked much improved lately, and Richardson was immense last night. There was one point where he made 3 big tackles in a row, and showed great energy and commitment. I hope he stays fit for a while..

The left is definitely a weak area, with none of the combinations of Kaca/Richardson/Riise/Amore/Briggs offering a complete attacking or defensive force.. I hope we see improvements there in the coming weeks.
whenever ive seen amorebieta play at left back, he actually provides great attacking energy with the best delivery out of the three left backs in our team.

Baider

I remember reading the other day that Burn is currently the second highest rated player in terms of performances this season in the championship so not too sure how people on here are claiming that he is 'average'. Watching the game yesterday, for the first time these last couple years, I had confidence in our defence. Burn had an actual presence on the field that I am yet to see from Amore and especially Senderos, he was shouting at every player given them directions, telling them to squeeze in, getting the defence to push up. When was the last time you saw Senderos take some leadership and direct the team? This guy is 21 years old, never played at the highest level and is still ticking all those boxes. Senderos has won trophies, played Champions league football, played in World Cups and still looks clueless on the pitch. Amorebieta has also had ample experience. Burn needs to stay.

Luffy86

Quote from: Baider on January 15, 2014, 03:09:04 PM
I remember reading the other day that Burn is currently the second highest rated player in terms of performances this season in the championship so not too sure how people on here are claiming that he is 'average'. Watching the game yesterday, for the first time these last couple years, I had confidence in our defence. Burn had an actual presence on the field that I am yet to see from Amore and especially Senderos, he was shouting at every player given them directions, telling them to squeeze in, getting the defence to push up. When was the last time you saw Senderos take some leadership and direct the team? This guy is 21 years old, never played at the highest level and is still ticking all those boxes. Senderos has won trophies, played Champions league football, played in World Cups and still looks clueless on the pitch. Amorebieta has also had ample experience. Burn needs to stay.

Totally agree!!

Burt

Fulham boss Rene Meulensteen will review the future of defender Dan Burn after he made his senior home debut at Craven Cottage on Tuesday.

The Dutchman was impressed with his performance in their 3-0 FA Cup third-round victory over Norwich City after being recalled from his loan at Birmingham City on 2nd January.

The defender made 28 appearances for the Blues, but for now his fate remains to be decided by Meulensteen who is unsure whether to pitch him out on loan again.

"Dan's been a breath of fresh air. He did well in the Norwich away game," Meulensteen said.

"Him staying here now is definitely something we're going to review, definitely.

"He's matured a lot in Birmingham where he had a very good loan spell and next to Brede Hangeland he looked extremely comfortable.

"The only way that I keep them apart is that he's right footed and Dan's left footed.

"You work with him on the pitch - it's great for someone like Dan to have Brede coming back from that injury so they can work together.

"Dan is a very bright boy, he's not afraid to speak his mind, he talks, and that's the sort of thing you look at, and it was a very positive performance from him."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11681/9117323/fulham-boss-rene-meulensteen-will-review-the-future-of-defender-dan-burn

Burt

Rene Meulensteen's revelation after this victory that Ravel Morrison wants to join Fulham should not draw attention away from the promising performance of young defender Dan Burn.

Burn was an assured presence alongside the returning Brede Hangeland in central defence as Fulham registered only their fourth clean sheet this term.

The 21-year-old was recalled from a loan spell at Birmingham two weeks ago after impressing in the Championship and Meulensteen will now decide whether to keep him at Craven Cottage. On this evidence, Fulham will be keen for Burn to stay and he may even start against Arsenal on Saturday.

Meulensteen has now used five different centre-back pairings since replacing Martin Jol but captain Hangeland and Burn formed an impressive partnership as Fulham booked an FA Cup fourth-round tie with Sheffield United.

"He has been a breath of fresh air," said Meulensteen. "He did well in the away game [against Norwich] and he has matured a lot at Birmingham after a very good loan spell. Next to Brede, he looked very comfortable.

"It is great for him to have someone like Brede alongside him but he is a very bright boy. He is not afraid to speak his mind and it was a very positive performance. It is a big boost to have Brede back as well and it is great to see him come through the 90 minutes so well."

Darren Bent, Ashkan Dejagah and Steve Sidwell scored last night to build some momentum ahead of a tricky run of Premier League fixtures.

Fulham go to Arsenal on Saturday and, after their Cup clash, face Swansea (a) Southampton (h), Manchester United (a) and Liverpool (h). They are one point above 18th place and need a positive return from those games to distance themselves from the bottom three.

Meulensteen said: "Making sure you get into the habit of positive performances is important and keeping a clean sheet was great."

Bryan Ruiz today completed his loan move to PSV Eindhoven as Fulham were linked with a £2million deal for Leicester defender Liam Moore.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/dan-burns-bright-in-heart-of-fulham-defence-9061363.html

alfie

Quote from: Baider on January 15, 2014, 03:09:04 PM

The only thing i would disagree with is with Senderos, every game he tries to marshall the defence much more than Hangeland does,  that is a very big positive with him, his only problem is his lack of skill, but i do think people react to the reputation rather that his time on the pitch. Burn is a great prospect, I as usual will be positive and expect a win at Arsenal but in all honesty do not expect to get much i think he is worth a gamble.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't