watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Send Burn back, or

Started by Admin, January 14, 2014, 08:21:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Max Headroom

What else could he do to warrant starting?

MJG

Keep him and play him, its as simple as that

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Bassey the warrior

Having just seen the game, I'm ready to change my mind about sending him back. My feelings before were that it would be too much pressure for the young lad to save our season, but he is ice cool. Looks like a younger and left footed Hangeland. He was truly outstanding tonight, I don't think I'm exaggerating by saying that was the best performance by a Fulham defender this season.
So, I would be tempted to start him against Arsenal and see how he copes with the pressure. If it goes badly Rene should just try and reassure him, but after a performance like that we can't really let him go out on loan again.

Bassey the warrior

I'd add that Brede and Dan looked like a good pairing, they seemed to compliment each other. I loved how Burn made some runs forward like Hangeland does and he's very quick for his size.

grandad

Burn will play for England. Not sure if it will be for us though. One of the "big" clubs will surely steal him away. He should stay alongside Hangers & be given a huge long contract with decent money.
Where there's a will there's a wife

MasterHaynes

Quote from: grandad on January 15, 2014, 06:13:49 AM
Burn will play for England. Not sure if it will be for us though. One of the "big" clubs will surely steal him away. He should stay alongside Hangers & be given a huge long contract with decent money.
Good point he can't have more than 18 months left on his contract, need to sign him up now before his agent starts filling his head with promises of pots of Gold if he hold outs and let his contract run down.

elgreenio

not writing him off at all but there are some massively optimistic and over-enthusiastic people on here. He's had a pretty average season at Birmingham by all accounts and should go back there after the 4th Round
touch my camera through the fence

MJG

Quote from: elgreenio on January 15, 2014, 07:35:32 AM
not writing him off at all but there are some massively optimistic and over-enthusiastic people on here. He's had a pretty average season at Birmingham by all accounts and should go back there after the 4th Round
For once we will disagree. The 4 CB's we have (including Brede) have been below average. His time on loan is done, he was vocal last night, no nonsense at times. He's not perfect and may well struggle against better players, but who out of current backs doesn't?
Let him get the experience for the rest of the season here, he doesn't have to play every game so no need to have him in the firing line every week.
10 games between now and end of the season will set him up for next season, whatever division we are in.

westcliff white

I believe we have to keep him here and play him, the two Norwich games show he has been good. Yes there are stronger teams to play against but for me we have to play him, We need something in the back 4 to rejuvenate them
Every day is a Fulham day

Skatzoffc

Play him at Arsenal imo.
We should play the team we put out against Citeh, but Hang & Burn in defence. a 4-5-1.

Stek
Reither. Burn. Hangeland. Risse.
Dejaga. Sidwell. Parker. Karagounis, Richardson.
Tarrabt.
Either and dejaga on our right flank. Rise & Richardson left.
Tarrabt up front can be fed the ball on the deck at every opportunity to terrorise Arsenal's slowish defence. They would have to keep at least two back to cover him which would help us all round.

If he were to sneak a goal all the better.
COYW!
049:gif
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

alfie

Quote from: epsomraver on January 14, 2014, 11:17:04 PM
Quote from: alfie on January 14, 2014, 11:10:08 PM
It was good to see Hangeland back but he really needs to get his passing sorted out.

Give him a chance, first game back and you are moaning? he had some wayward passes in the first half but soon settled down, he forgot we don't have a striker who can read the game and run on to a pass.

Look Mr Epsom why are you accusing me of moaning? i am not moaning just stating an opinion, i do not wish to be rude in any way but sometimes your comments are unjustified, if you remember this has always been a bit of a failing in him, virtually every game he seems to see a pass that no one on the planet sees, he is the best defender we have and i welcome him back with great anticipation.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Furby

Seems Rene is deciding whether to allow Burnsy to go back to Brum now. He says it's definitely something we need to review.

Craven Mad

Currently, I'd have our starting CB pair as; Brede (RCB), Amore (LCB). And challenging for starting places, but currently backup, being; Senders (RCB), Burn (LCB) - please can we not get into a Senderos debate, again....

Hughes will be acting as experienced cover.

Ultimately, should we stay up, I think Hughes/Senders will be gone by summer (or Hughes take up a position on the club's staff - should he be ready to hang up his boots..), and Burn could offer us something, long term.

Please, please, please, let him stay! At least give him a place on the bench..

Deanothefulhamfan

He has to stay here....  he was brilliant again yesterday, and is currently the best CB we have at the club haha

aaronmcguigan

Why not keep him for a month or two and if performances dip, send him back out? The transfer window closes on the 31st but does the loan window for championship teams not stay open, emergency loan like?

Im happy with him starting against Arsenal, whats he got to lose? as for "beng thrown into a relegation dogfight", hes been in a very poor Birmingham side, who are outperforming themselves due to Lee CLarks management and acquisitons in the loan market, that side get battered every week on the pitch but managed to go unbeaten for a long time too

Stefano Okaka Chuka

I was expecting more from him to be honest, He looked gangly and not comfortable enough with the ball at his feet. I'd love to be proven wrong, but to loan him back at Brum would be the best option to let him mature right now.
She's a Flamenco girl
and dancing is her life
she said stay with me, stay with me
Viva el Fulham!

Craven Mad

Quote from: elgreenio on January 15, 2014, 07:35:32 AM

Using that logic, didn't Kaca have a fairly torrid time on the bench for Burnley for the first half of last season, then come back and prove himself more than capable in the prem? He was less successful than Burn in the Championship but made a big impact for us..

I'd usually defer to your reading of the game instantly, and certainly don't want to disagree with your more informed judgement, but do you really think Burn has nothing to offer right now? Because, if so, we need the help more than ever!

Pev

Anything to prevent seeing Senderos on the pitch again!  :clap_hands:

Its hard to judge of one game, but even though it was a cup game vs Norwich it was still a young defender playing against premier league opposition which is never easy - Burn did immensely well. He was vocal, positioning was great, looked nervous on a few Norwich attacks but that will fade in time. What impressed me most was how he retained the ball - Almost all of our defenders bar Hangeland & maybe Richardson give the ball away on a constant basis, is really too much to ask for a bit of composure at the back?
@Fulham_Boy

Burt

If Burn is part of our long term future, then the sooner we can start integrating him in to the first team the better as we can't really be any much worse from a defence perspective as we have been so far this season. The lad shows a lot of promise, and unlike much of the team has youth on his side and should only get better.

grandad

Hangeland & Burn were a breath of fresh air. Everyone played with more confidence without having to look at what chaos Riise,Senderos & Amorebieta were causing. Stek looked a lot calmer with H&B in front of him.It´s like 2 new signings. They are the best combination of CD´s we have. Play them.
Where there's a will there's a wife