watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season 2014/15 Transfer Thread

Started by Admin, May 14, 2014, 03:23:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

God The Mechanic

James Rodriguez has been transferred for 153million Euros total in the last two summer windows.  That's insane.

Nero

Quote from: twang on July 22, 2014, 02:14:47 PM
Magath on Stockdale's future:

"You have to ask Alistair [Mackintosh]," said Magath when quizzed about Stockdale's future.

"We have four goalkeepers and that situation I'm very happy with."

Doesn't sound too positive if you want Stockdale to stay, does it? My interpretation of this is that Magath wouldn't mind selling him if he can get a keeper of his choice in.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/felix-magath-unconcerned-brightons-pursuit-7475960

That or if we can get 3m and buy a keeper for 2m and bank a million Alsitair we do it as long as the wages are the same or less for  the new keeper

crazycottager

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 22, 2014, 10:12:46 AM
Sorry if this has already been mentioned

Championship trio Watford, Wigan and Fulham are all chasing Leicester midfielder Andy King, Sky Sports understands.

King is entering the final year of his contract at the King Power Stadium and a number of clubs are thought to be monitoring his situation.

The 25-year-old found himself down the pecking order in Nigel Pearson's starting XI during the second half of last season with Danny Drinkwater and Matty James the preferred central midfield partnership and his suitors are hoping he could be lured away with the prospect of regular first-team football.

The former Chelsea youngster has established himself as one of the best midfielders outside the Premier League in recent seasons and helped Leicester win the Championship title last term.

Watford, Fulham and Wigan are all keen to bring in an attacking midfielder and they see King as someone who could boost their promotions bids next season.

It remains to be seen if Leicester would be willing to cash-in on Wales international King as they prepare for life back in the Premier League.

Ooh, sounds a good player, quicker than parker hopefully

FPT

Quote from: FPT on July 22, 2014, 01:45:05 PM
Andy King would be a very useful signing. Consistently good in the Championship, very good with the ball at his feet and a set piece machine. Also, still only 25 and a Wales international. Would be a very, very wise signing. Wigan have just added Emyr Huws on loan to their squad, so that perhaps puts them out of the running. Scored 15 goals from central midfield about 3 years ago; getting him into the PFA Team of the Year.

As for the Chelsea point, yes, they just buy the best 16-22 year olds that they can and loan them until either A) They're good enough, or B) They give up on them, but by that point, they're 24 and not much better than they were when they were initially signed.

To add to this, Watford are now being linked with Keith Andrews, with Emyr Huws going to Wigan today; we could be looking down the final straight for Andy King.

DevonFFC

Mark Hughes has pulled an absolute blinder getting bojan to the sh1t that is stoke, it could not be further away from Barcelona, polar opposites in both cities and style of play

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FPT

Quote from: ollienixs on July 22, 2014, 10:28:44 PM
Mark Hughes has pulled an absolute blinder getting bojan to the sh1t that is stoke, it could not be further away from Barcelona, polar opposites in both cities and style of play

Mark Hughes is doing exactly the same as he done here, he's making it more balanced. Last season they weren't the Stoke of old, and since adding the likes of Diouf and Bojan, it'll only further them from Pulis' Neanderthal ways. They were enjoyable at times last season, but as normal (after so many years of long ball) they would slip into old habits, and into Sparky's second season, we'll see less and less of it.

Admin

Quote from: FPT on July 22, 2014, 10:34:43 PM

Mark Hughes is doing exactly the same as he done here, he's making it more balanced. Last season they weren't the Stoke of old, and since adding the likes of Diouf and Bojan, it'll only further them from Pulis' Neanderthal ways. They were enjoyable at times last season, but as normal (after so many years of long ball) they would slip into old habits, and into Sparky's second season, we'll see less and less of it.

Just goes to show how far we had fallen in those 3 years.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Admin on July 22, 2014, 10:37:48 PM
Quote from: FPT on July 22, 2014, 10:34:43 PM

Just goes to show how far we had fallen in those 3 years.

Couldn't agree more with both posts here. Hughes will do exactly what I'm sure he would've preferred to continue with our club. As it was, he saw what was about to happen with Fulham and, I presume, didn't want to "go down with the ship". We (that includes me) gave him quite a bit of grief for the things he said and did - wrongly so, looking back at it now.

Just a terrible set of circumstances and decisions, ultimately speaking.

Having said all that, I'm more excited about our upcoming season than I have been in quite some time - and most likely I'm not even going to be able to watch a very high % of our games.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

DevonFFC

I do think had Kahn taken over 2 seasons prior he would have backed Hughes to the hilt, he has his ideas about the premier league and with football looking like it is about to take off on America he is already one step ahead buying us up. I think he will do what ever it takes to get us to the league we belong, I just hope we try to push on once up and not settle for bottom half mediocracy

DevonFFC

Malaga are going to take that rash Venezuelan off us

Admin

Quote from: ollienixs on July 23, 2014, 12:28:46 AM

Not quite, his massive wages are a stumbling block for Malaga.

Riverside

Quote from: ollienixs on July 23, 2014, 12:28:46 AM

I love it . Is there is a whiff of a rumour about another team thinking of one of our players it is going to happen .

If we make an offer for a player it is never going to happen

jmh

In fairness, Bojan has fallen pretty far from the days when he was regarded as the next big thing for Barcelona.  4 goals in the Eredivisie last year isn't exactly awe-inspiring.

westcliff white

Quote from: jmh on July 23, 2014, 01:57:47 PM
In fairness, Bojan has fallen pretty far from the days when he was regarded as the next big thing for Barcelona.  4 goals in the Eredivisie last year isn't exactly awe-inspiring.
Agree, when you consider Roma payed €12,000,000 for him for 2 seasons (effectively a loan) and then had to pay an extra €28,000,000 at the end of that period if they wanted him for longer it doesn't look like he progressed at all. In fact if you look at his time at Roma, AC and Ajax it is very poor. But he did and still does have bags of potential.
Every day is a Fulham day

westcliff white

Quote from: twang on July 23, 2014, 02:25:06 PM
Nooooo! River Plate in for Rodallega, €2m the quoted price. IMHO we'd be mad to sell, unless Mitroglou is staying.

https://translate.google.se/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=sv&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.calciosudamericano.it%2Fesclusiva-cs-contatto-rodallega-river-plate-fulham-pronto-cederlo%2F&edit-text=
Never been a fan of Rodders, always supported him when he wore the top, but never a fan, I would take the money if they are offering it.
Every day is a Fulham day

God The Mechanic

Hugo would be a very good Championship striker.

Lighthouse

No shock that I think Rodders deserves a chance. But if he goes we need another replacement. It would leave us very light again. Woodrow and the Aussie are untried and the Greek doesn't look to rely on pace.

Alongside McCormack obviously 
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

KP_FFC

hugo with thrive in the championship

also hes only 28, hes got many years of top flight football in him