more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season 2014/15 Transfer Thread

Started by Admin, May 14, 2014, 03:23:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JBH

Quote from: TWFL on May 19, 2014, 01:06:09 PM
Amorebieta linked with a move to Zenit and an un-named club in Germany. Would be a shame if he goes, Championship is the kind of place he'd really show his class.

I really hope he stays

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: JBH on May 19, 2014, 01:15:12 PM
Amorebieta linked with a move to Zenit and an un-named club in Germany. Would be a shame if he goes, Championship is the kind of place he'd really show his class.

I really hope he stays

I was getting the impression in the last few games that he was beginning to come into his own within the team and PL. I'm in agreement that it would be a shame to see him go. I think he could become at least a good/versatile squad defender for us, if not a starter in the Championship.

I'm also hopeful that we can convince Heitinga to stay with us. Closest approximation we've had to Hughes role in the defense.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on May 19, 2014, 02:20:43 PM
Quote from: JBH on May 19, 2014, 01:15:12 PM

I really hope he stays

I was getting the impression in the last few games that he was beginning to come into his own within the team and PL. I'm in agreement that it would be a shame to see him go. I think he could become at least a good/versatile squad defender for us, if not a starter in the Championship.

I'm also hopeful that we can convince Heitinga to stay with us. Closest approximation we've had to Hughes role in the defense.

If Amorebieta stays then I would like to see him in the defensive midfielder role. He seems to me like David Luiz, not disciplined enough to keep shape and mark his man but good at anticipating trouble and a decent or better passer of the ball.

Lighthouse

Fernando Amorebieta is said to be weighing up his options after learning that clubs in Germany and Russia are interested in him.

The Venezuelan defender only made the move to Craven Cottage last summer when his contract with Athletic Bilbao expired but he has struggled in his first season in England.
The 29-year-old was part of a Fulham defence which conceded more goals than any other team in the Premier League and was subsequently relegated.
While Amorebieta is said to have settled in London he is considering his options as he will now have to take a pay cut due to the Whites' drop into the Championship.
According to reports in Spain, Zenit St Petersburg and an unnamed German side have offered the South American the chance to move on, while there are clubs in La Liga who would be eager to sign him.
Amorebieta has two years left to run on his current contract and Fulham could expect to get a reasonable sum for the defender if they do decide to let him go.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

SouthfieldWhite

Not read none of this thread and don't want to, someone please wake me up when all the rubbish stops and the window has shut,
Thanks very much

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on May 19, 2014, 04:42:38 PM
Not read none of this thread and don't want to, someone please wake me up when all the bullpoo stops and the window has shut,
Thanks very much

Why contribute to a thread you are supposedly so disinterested in?
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Martinsback

Not read none of this thread and don't want to, someone please wake me up when all the bullpoo stops and the window has shut,
Thanks very much

As pointed out...you make no sense at all. I once had a woman walk across the street to come up to me to tell me how my cigarette smoke was annoying her...even though she wouldn't have smelt it where she originally was!

westcliff white

According to the times, Hull have shown an interest in sidders
Every day is a Fulham day

SouthfieldWhite

Quote from: Martinsback on May 19, 2014, 05:52:19 PM
Thanks very much

As pointed out...you make no sense at all. I once had a woman walk across the street to come up to me to tell me how my cigarette smoke was annoying her...even though she wouldn't have smelt it where she originally was!

Ok fair enough, I won't contribute to this thread no more, you carry on believe all the names were are 'suppose' to be signing zzzzzzzzzzz

YankeeJim

Thanks very much

It could be worse. Imagine being married to such an opinionated, pushy woman. UHG!   090.gif
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Lighthouse

Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on May 19, 2014, 06:13:05 PM
Thanks very much

Ok fair enough, I won't contribute to this thread no more, you carry on believe all the names were are 'suppose' to be signing zzzzzzzzzzz

Nobody believes all the rumours, it is just fun for some of us to list all the gossip. I don't understand why there is any hostility just because some people enjoy the rumours.

SouthfieldWhite

Quote from: Lighthouse on May 19, 2014, 09:34:29 PM
Thanks very much

Nobody believes all the rumours, it is just fun for some of us to list all the gossip. I don't understand why there is any hostility just because some people enjoy the rumours.

I'm not stopping anyone from enjoying the rumours, what ever floats your boat.

Personally I can't understand why people would get excited about something that probably won't happen.

I will get excited about a signing ounces its actually has happened

Maybe some people need to get out more  :hook:

Lighthouse

All the agoraphobics wish they could get out more.

Martinsback

Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on May 19, 2014, 09:50:09 PM
Thanks very much

But why come onto a thread to tell us that you are not coming on to the thread? In Oz one time, my father got a taxi to the guest house where my cousins and I were staying, rang the bell, got let in and said "hello I can't stay" and left....

Personally I can't understand why people would get excited about something that probably won't happen.

Maybe some people need to get out more  :hook:

Twig

Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on May 19, 2014, 09:50:09 PM
Thanks very much

Maybe some people need to get out more  :hook:

Sorry but I thought you were not reading this thread and why are you getting excited about signing ounces?

Bracken White

Personally think that the 'Official Silly Season Transfer Thread' is a good idea. What is the point of posting that you dislike it. If you dislike it, simple ... scroll on.
Take whichever with a pinch of salt - but good fun for many.
The only two 'incumbent' rumours of any note are Lansbury & Jerome. A firm yes & no from me - but are these the footballers that Magath would choose? Strongly doubt it,
Stay Fulhamish ~ stay unique

JackyFulham90

We could certainly do better but at Championship level both Jerome & Lansbury would be solid signings

Lighthouse

Chris David admits there have been discussions between FC Twente and Fulham over a possible move
More on the Chris David story. - Viva El Fulham

After an incredibly disappointing season, one of the few positives was the opportunity for some of the younger players to make more appearances for the 1st team. After watching Chris David on various occasions for the U21's, he was one the players I was looking forward to see if they could step to be a 1st team regular.

After Kakaniclic had to come off injured after 30 minutes against Crystal Palace, Chris David took the opportunity to show what he could do with both hands. He was causing the Palace midfield and defence big problems all game and he topped this off with a fantastic strike in the last minute of the match.

The disappointing news this morning from Dutch publication Voetbal International, is that he admits conversations have taken place between Fulham and FC Twente over his possible transfer. David joined Fulham in January 2013 and was no doubt hoping to have made more 1st team appearances by now, even if on loan. Players of this age should be getting regular games at a competitive level, not sitting on the bench or playing U21 games.

David obviously feels similar although hasn't said he wants to leave Fulham but that "The important thing is that I'm going to play a lot of minutes next season. If that's going to happen at Fulham good, but otherwise, I will look further."

He continued "There is contact between the clubs, but I'll wait to hear from my agent or intermediary as to what comes out. I'll keep all options open. Twente is a beautiful club and I know the trainers very well and I have a lot of friends and family members in the region".

All of these comments seem very fair to me but a player of Davids talent should flourish in the Championship and the club would be crazy to let him leave without giving him regular playing time next season.

Come on Fulham, if anything good is to come from this relegation, it should be the giving the likes of Chris David and our other younger players, a platform to succeed in the 1st team.

twang

Quote from: Admin on May 20, 2014, 08:48:56 PM
Fulham bid for Leicester City duo, Leicester City reject bid, the blog is then pulled  :dft001:

http://first4lcfc.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/leicester-city-reject-new-fulham-bid.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+First4lcfc+%28first4lcfc%29

Pretty sure it's just the story of us bidding for Moore and Schlupp this January that popped up again for some reason.