watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Yedlin

Started by JDH101, July 01, 2014, 11:08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JDH101

The full back who came on for the States is quality. Young, powerful and quick. Plays in the MLS so won't Kosta Fortune. We should snap him up.

bucksfulham

Highly impressed. Just what we need.

PeterFFC

He was exceptional, as was the whole USA defence. Wonder how much they'd cost all together!
I feel so sorry for the US now. Played so well, worked as a unit, so committed, and have definitely won many people's admiration

Fernhurst

Been very impressed since he came on.... Problem is......

Every other team in the World has seen him tonight!
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

westcliff white

As much as they defended thought they were second best by a long way attacking wise, best team won for me
Every day is a Fulham day

DevonFFC

Also Talking of players who impressed the Mexican goalie is on a freebie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

..Kya.ffc..

Offensive need to improve going to the left instead on taking them on with pace to the line all the time. But very impressive, and quality crosses.
Beers may have been involved in this post.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Jermaine Jones certainly put in some effort and I was also impresed By Carl Beckerman, although he didn't play today.
They both outshone Bradley, a real midfield powerhouse duo.  Much like Sidwell and Parker  :0)
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

callumc513

Never buy anyone after they've performed well at an international tournament.
Will be far more expensive than true value.

YankeeJim

Its Kyle Beckerman BTW. As to the defense: my man Beasley is 32 and until a few months ago had seldom played as anything other than a winger. Gonzales is sort of a Senderos. He is quality especially as a big strong athletic but tends to have a brain fart every match. Besler is a pleasant surprise that Klinsman discovered laboring in MLS. He is a bright spot and is a Hughes type defender but only larger, We should look at him to partner with Burn. Fabian Johnson is the real deal but he is becoming a star in Germany so fat chance picking him up. Beckerman is also 32 and Klinsman also found him laboring in MLS. The odd thing is that my local MLS buds were shocked that he went to the cup, started and exceled in two matches, Says something about how a player is utilized Anyone mention Ruiz? Or, Jozy Altidore? Sunderland should look at how Klinsmanm has used the guy. Zamora he isn't but he does hold up play and dish off well. Had he not been injured Dempsey and Bradley would have been combining in the middle behind Altidore like they did in the qualifiers........ ain't wishful thinking grand?

Klinsman did a wonderful job. The fight the lads showed after going down two was a sight to behold. Had Wondoloski put away that sitter in stoppage time..................Wondo is also a lifetime MLS player that Klinsman added to the squad. I always thought he was over his head against teams like Belgium and it showed today. Still, two retreads from MLS and one from the Mexican league that did very well says something about Klinsman's eye for building a team.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

tslyon

Quote from: westcliff white on July 01, 2014, 11:41:39 PM
As much as they defended thought they were second best by a long way attacking wise, best team won for me

Have to agree with this.  Even though it saddens me to say so...

Cheers,

Steve

YankeeJim

Yea, the best team won. But that doesn't always happen. That's why the game is played.

VamosFFC

Such a great game. I had a dream last night that Julian Green and Dempsey scored. Came so close to it being true.

Nonetheless, USA showed that we're a nation to be reckoned with. 

YankeeJim

To put Yedlin in perspective, the guy joined MLS in the past year and prior to the last Friendlies before the WC he had played 13 professional matches. Anyone else notice that he still was the fastest player on the pitch at the 120 minute mark, which essentially was the end of a 90 minute match for him. Hope he grows up quick as a player.

valdeingruo

I don't believe Matt Besler will be playing in the MLS much longer either
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

HatterDon

Quote from: andersons11 on July 02, 2014, 02:01:08 AM
I don't believe Matt Besler will be playing in the MLS much longer either

Besler will be in Europe soon. He and Yedlin definitely benefited from this cup. The guy that I THOUGHT would get a big boost in his career was Mixx Diskerud, but he turned out to be one of only two outfield players not to feature for us. Had Jozy stayed healthy, Mixx and Johansson would have both featured more.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

BarryP

Besler and Yedlin both put in strong performances. I wouldn't be surprised for either of them to receive offers but Yedlin especially has to be getting regular minutes to continue developing.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

btings

I was very surprised that Yedlin made this squad - I watch a lot of Sounders games, and he can be great, but he seemed like a defensive liability.  Of course, it turns out he's totally fearless and "fast for MLS" really does mean "fast for world football", and generally he did very well.  Before the final 15 of ET, -everything- the US did to threaten offensively ran through him.  (Which is maybe more a commentary on our issues in the center of the pitch, but still -- he looked good and is a better crosser than I realized.)

One thing to be aware of is that MLS will not want to let him go.  They have a special contract tier for "homegrown" players, which means homegrown -regionally-, not nationally.  It's meant to give MLS teams favorable (in terms of salary cap, etc) terms for signing exceptional players that are semi-local, and it's absolutely tied up with US soccer's plans for the future.  Basically, this kid is good, and he gets to play every week for a decent club.  So MLS (which has final say over the transfer) will not want to sell him to a place where he'll warm the bench.  I do think he's destined for Europe (Klinsmann, who is still in charge, will definitely want that), but maybe not until he's got a shot at the first team somewhere.

Also, Besler is a boss.

Holders

I noticed Yedlin as well and wondered what team he played for. He really did have a conspicuously good game.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

valdeingruo

Also, what happened to Bradley? Looked great coming into the Cup, not so much during.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi