https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ruiz has agreed terms with Besiktas

Started by Admin, July 15, 2014, 09:07:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pie and mash

Quote from: HatterDon on July 16, 2014, 03:23:00 AM
Quote from: Pie and mash on July 15, 2014, 09:54:18 PM
Mitro has the potential to be quality in this division. I'd give him till January THEN get rid of him if we haven't seen enough.

based upon what evidence?

His record before his injury plagued 6 months with us

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Aaron on July 16, 2014, 05:44:07 AM
On the Ruiz subject, I just want him gone.

I appreciate what the ardent Ruiz supporters are saying about being played out of position, it was Berbatov's fault, Jol's fault, he just needs time, he'll come good or whatever.  He's left a really, really bad taste in my mouth.

I had a really nice guitar once.  It was the first ever high end Ibanez I'd ever bought for myself and I bought it new off the peg in a local shop at probably £300 more than I could have found it online.  But I wanted it, so I got it.

Everything was fine until I dropped it on stage once and a crack appeared on the back of the headstock where it meets the neck.  It was really only a lacquer crack mind you, but I left it in with a chap to fix it up anyways.  There was nothing wrong with that guitar afterwards, it played perfectly but I ended up selling it anyway because I just couldn't shake the notion that it was now damaged goods and I'd be better off with something different.

This is exactly how I feel about Bryan Ruiz.  

In my skewed perception of things he's up there with Jol and Berbatov as the primary cause of our relegation.  I'm sure I'm not right, I'm sure the lad will be brilliant elsewhere.  I'm sure if he stayed he'd be brilliant for us, but I don't want him to..  I just want to forget it ever happened and move on.

Me too, lets move on and start again. I dont think ruiz was as much to blame as berbatov though. Ruiz did get dropped and didnt treat his team mates like he was superior to them. It just didnt work out for him here and alot of that was probably down to having to accommodate berbatov. Its a shame but I dont think ruiz did enough to deserve a second chance and I doubt he wants one anyway
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Pie and mash

Quote from: RaySmith on July 16, 2014, 06:31:20 AM

As for Mitro - I think he will return to his best

but I somehow doubt it will happen.

:023:

beijing ben

Ruiz, Dejagah, Mitroglou and Stekelenberg will only be with us after the transfer window closes if proposed moves fall through. They are all too high profile to stay with us in the Championship. Its all about getting the best deals we can for them and replacing them with the best possible players we can get for the level we are at (or placing faith in the young players to come in). In mitro's case, because of the huge fee we paid and how recent it was and because its not clear if the injury is still affecting him, it will probably be a season loan. We can't expect to get anywhere near the amount we paid for him right now. Surely supporters cant expect to see these players still at the club come September..

Pie and mash

Quote from: beijing ben on July 16, 2014, 07:23:08 AM
Ruiz, Dejagah, Mitroglou and Stekelenberg will only be with us after the transfer window closes if proposed moves fall through. They are all too high profile to stay with us in the Championship. Its all about getting the best deals we can for them and replacing them with the best possible players we can get for the level we are at (or placing faith in the young players to come in). In mitro's case, because of the huge fee we paid and how recent it was and because its not clear if the injury is still affecting him, it will probably be a season loan. We can't expect to get anywhere near the amount we paid for him right now. Surely supporters cant expect to see these players still at the club come September..

Holders

Quote from: RaySmith on July 16, 2014, 06:31:20 AM
I'm still unconvinced about Ruiz in English football, and I also can't believe he would want to return, and I'm sure he could do better than the Championship.

The club shipped him out as soon as Jol was sacked, and that must leave a bitter taste in his mouth, and a determination to prove Fulham wrong - elsewhere.

I'm not sure how Felix would feel about him coming back - probably welcome him - he's a top player after all, but I can't see it happening though.

Agree, however we have no idea how Felix feels about him as, to my knowledge, he's made no comment beyond "he's a good player". That doesn't mean that he wants to keep him or that he's the type to fit into a Felix team. It would be really good to know what he really thinks, even if it's only after he's left but I think that Felix would be too polite/tactful to say if he didn't rate him. If I ever meet Felix I'll ask him. Personally, I'd love to see how Felix would use him just out of curiosity but I can't see it happening as I agree that he's too good for Div 2.

As to Mitro, what I can't get my head around is why he was given and signed a 4-year deal when we were in the position we were in January if there were no intention of him staying with us if the worst happened. Thus, I don't see that his leaving should be inevitable unless there is some kind of relegation contingency that hasn't come to light yet. Mitro has inferred nothing in his comments. Either that or maybe I'm missing some illogical subtlety - like everyone thought he was the silver bullet and we would stay up.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

filham

We have been discussing the Ruiz/Mitroglou/Dejegah issue all summer, lets hope Felix is not still talking about it but rather has a firm policy on the matter. That is either he wants them to stay or leave.

The continued uncertainty cannot but harm the team, with but two friendlies left before the season starts we need to quickly establish our team line up and build understanding and team confidence.

The matter needs sorting and sooner rather than later.

A hard simple fact is that of the three players the only Dejagah has proved himself worth keeping.

westcliff white

to be fair Mitro has hardly played as injured, clearly injured, if fully fit and playing 85% and above of that he showed prior to his injury at Olympiakos then he could be deadly in the Championship, however that is all on if he is fit and if he attains that level of play.

Its another thing whether we should have signed him when not fit, but this topic isnt about that.
Every day is a Fulham day

Apprentice to the Maestro

:

In my skewed perception of things he's up there with Jol and Berbatov as the primary cause of our relegation.  I'm sure I'm not right, I'm sure the lad will be brilliant elsewhere.  I'm sure if he stayed he'd be brilliant for us, but I don't want him to..  I just want to forget it ever happened and move on.

The performances of Ruiz and Berbatov were only a symptom of the illness. The problems was that the defence fell apart and the midfield was severely weakened. Ruiz and Berbatov are luxury players who can give you something special if you have a solid team behind them. If the team behind them is falling apart then they are not going to be able to rectify the situation.

Craven Mad

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on July 16, 2014, 11:24:05 AM

:

In my skewed perception of things he's up there with Jol and Berbatov as the primary cause of our relegation.  I'm sure I'm not right, I'm sure the lad will be brilliant elsewhere.  I'm sure if he stayed he'd be brilliant for us, but I don't want him to..  I just want to forget it ever happened and move on.

The performances of Ruiz and Berbatov were only a symptom of the illness. The problems was that the defence fell apart and the midfield was severely weakened. Ruiz and Berbatov are luxury players who can give you something special if you have a solid team behind them. If the team behind them is falling apart then they are not going to be able to rectify the situation.

Well put, Apprentice.

Quote from: beijing ben on July 16, 2014, 07:23:08 AM

This is my view too.

Quote from: filham on July 16, 2014, 10:16:51 AM
We have been discussing the Ruiz/Mitroglou/Dejegah issue all summer, lets hope Felix is not still talking about it but rather has a firm policy on the matter. That is either he wants them to stay or leave.

The continued uncertainty cannot but harm the team, with but two friendlies left before the season starts we need to quickly establish our team line up and build understanding and team confidence.

The matter needs sorting and sooner rather than later.

A hard simple fact is that of the three players the only Dejagah has proved himself worth keeping.

We have been discussing it because there are many posters with a range of views. Magath will have his own view and will act on that.

If Magath is willing to sell nothing can be done until the club receives an offer. Those seem to be coming in now following the World Cup.

Uncertainty is an inevitable consequence of the transfer window.