watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Beware the backlash tonight.

Started by blingo, August 26, 2014, 01:19:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blingo

I'm hoping that we whoop brentford tonight, beat cardiff on saturday and a whole bunch of them on here have to eat their words. The manager asked for time and patience and they have given it two games before the knives were out. Now it gets worse because the manager has clearly seen that posting on FFC and talking to the fans is pointless, so this week, he has not written anything. Well done.  fp.gif

Lighthouse

Well no it took 2 games for some and then the following two games were so sad to watch, many followed. A confused bunch of kids not knowing who they are playing with and where they are supposed to play is not great for their confidence. We all know that these kids will play well IF they are helped by some experience in the right positions. This isn't complicated. But instead we have a manager who only now declares we need changes. He is treating these games a pre season warm ups and giving everybody a go. Well it is bit too late to drop the best midfielders you have and put players in positions they have never played before.

Plus yours and other obsession that the fans who don't want to watch a struggling Fulham side should eat their words if we have some success is pointless. We all want the same thing and we have different ideas about getting it. But trying to wage a battle between 'them and us' fans does nobody any good.

Good to have you back blingo and great to have a debate and argument with a true fan who I simply don't agree with. I have missed this mate. Now bling do the right thing and admit we have a manager who doesn't know what he is doing.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

SouthWest6

He hasn't written anything, simply because the Club know that it will anger the fans even more, and there will be a full blown riot. With every letter that Magath has written, he has failed to deliver, and then when he supposedly apologies, the situation just gets worse. I think you'll find that the Club are hoping Magath turns it around in the next couple of games but the meantime, will chose to lay low. What I'm witnessing is a man that doesn't need time, but a man who is destroying the values of Fulham Football, and needs showing the door.

SouthWest6

Quote from: blingo on August 26, 2014, 01:19:17 PM
I'm hoping that we whoop brentford tonight, beat cardiff on saturday and a whole bunch of them on here have to eat their words. The manager asked for time and patience and they have given it two games before the knives were out. Now it gets worse because the manager has clearly seen that posting on FFC and talking to the fans is pointless, so this week, he has not written anything. Well done.  fp.gif

Forget hope for a minute, can you honestly see us whooping Brentford tonight, and then beating Cardiff on Saturday? Sensible answer please, then tell me what Fulham's and Magath's  situation would look like after losing 6 games on the bounce.

nose

come on, are you serious?

Rene had poor results but I totally supported what he was up to, even if it wasn't quite going right and even though I thought him a strange selection.

But magath hasn't had four games, he has had the back end of last season, the whole of the summer and as we start this season, he has not a clue as to hios best team. He is an experienced man and doesn't know his best 11, or even close to knowing it. That is a disgrace. further we replaced a good keepr with one that looks very shakey.

It is not the results, it is the lack of balance in the team, the size of the team, the lack of expeience in the team and the contiuning chopping and changing.

IF by a miracle we win the next two he will need to do plenty to win and I suspect many others round. We need to establish a settled size very soon, we need to get some prescence in the center of midfield, we need a goalkeeper of quality, we need to establish a pattern of play and we need to stick to it, that would help the team gel.

We don't even stick to the same formation through a game.

I would suggest that if we play well in the next 10 games and start to win I will calm down... buit based on what I have seen so far that is unlikely.  I have the same feeling of foreboding that I had after three weeks or so of Jol.

blingo

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 26, 2014, 01:29:55 PM
Well no it took 2 games for some and then the following two games were so sad to watch, many followed. A confused bunch of kids not knowing who they are playing with and where they are supposed to play is not great for their confidence. We all know that these kids will play well IF they are helped by some experience in the right positions. This isn't complicated. But instead we have a manager who only now declares we need changes. He is treating these games a pre season warm ups and giving everybody a go. Well it is bit too late to drop the best midfielders you have and put players in positions they have never played before.

Plus yours and other obsession that the fans who don't want to watch a struggling Fulham side should eat their words if we have some success is pointless. We all want the same thing and we have different ideas about getting it. But trying to wage a battle between 'them and us' fans does nobody any good.

Good to have you back blingo and great to have a debate and argument with a true fan who I simply don't agree with. I have missed this mate. Now bling do the right thing and admit we have a manager who doesn't know what he is doing.
Read your post from the standard m8, it explains everything very clearly there.

Logicalman

Quote from: blingo on August 26, 2014, 01:19:17 PM

Nicely put Blingo. Welcome back.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

blingo

We don't even stick to the same formation through a game.

A lot of managers change the formation of a team thru a game.

I would suggest that if we play well in the next 10 games and start to win I will calm down... buit based on what I have seen so far that is unlikely.  I have the same feeling of foreboding that I had after three weeks or so of Jol.

Then give him that time. If by then he has not done anything I will jump on the fm out wagon too but give the man a chance to get it right. Last season does not even count for me. 6 youth players 10 new signings and everyone wants it to just gel instantly, well guys, welcome to the real world where success for us is going to take time.

Lighthouse

Quote from: blingo on August 26, 2014, 01:37:49 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on August 26, 2014, 01:29:55 PM

Read your post from the standard m8, it explains everything very clearly there.

I did and it reads like comments made after relegation. Not with a few days left of the transfer window.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Baszab

We are all die-hard supporters after all and nothing would give me greater pleasure than having to eat my words if Magath turns it round - however my head says that it won't happen under any circumstances - you could tell after 30 minutes of the Ipswich match that something wasn't right -- very sensible of Magath not to have written anything as he is probably quite embarrassed professionally as his managerial career looks like going up the swannee - however he is so bigoted and megalomaniacal that he won't take much notice of the fans

jelmo

Blingo, I respect your opinion as I would anyone elses, however, I cant agree with it.

He needs to go sooner rather than later. Magath is clueless and it is obvious for all to see. You can tell that the players are just plain confused on the pitch and there is no plan.

He should have gone on Saturday so as to get in a manager who can motivate the team and knows the league. Unfortunately this situation seems similar to Jols reign when we kept him on till it was too late. Surely you can see that he is damaging the club? I mean 5-1 against Derby.... and that 5th goal... What redeeming qualities does Magath actually have for you to want to keep him on?

K33NY

Has anyone else allso seen what I have seen.

First half allways look like half decent but we go to half time with being under, after half time our players look deflated non-willing and non-motivated, it looks like they are being demoralised in the dressing room by that man...

Nick Bateman

Oh dear, the Felix Magath Fan Club rears it's ugly head.

What these misguided renegades do not seem to realise is it is not only the results that are bad, but the performances and many decisions which baffle the EXPERTS, let alone genuine Fulham supporters like myself.

Rene Meulensteen had some bad results, but the losses to Tottenham and Liverpool at home were two of Fulham's best performances, and better than ANYTHING I've seen from Magath's Fulham.  Yet he was sacked because of an ignorance from CEO Ali Mack who first sabotaged him by adding Curbishly & Wilkins to his entourage, and then failed to see the potential RM was unlocking.

Now we have a braggadocio manager spouting how he is the "Greatest" like a Muhammad Ali except this one 'floats like a bee and stings like a butterfly!'  For a German he is remarkably disorganized, the defending is a shambles, we do not support the attack, the tempo is languid, it is boring and taking too long allowing teams to regroup.  Watch German football today it is usually the opposite, end-to-end fast-paced action.

Even Magath's English is getting worse, he BABBLES meaningless twaddle every post-match, and apart from his carefully scripted "begging letters" to the fans, he barely communicates with us.

As I stated, it is not only the results.  If we could see things were moving in the right direction we (the GENUINE Fulham fans) would be more patient.  

I hope the last remnants of the Felix Magath Fan Club wake up and ANALYZE rather than offer blind faith.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

jelmo

I do take some exception with the choice of words in the original post - EG - "A whole bunch of them have to eat their words"

That suggests that the people who are in the Magath OUT camp are somehow being unreasonable in asking for a change and we deserve to be shown up. We are just concerned Fulham fans who can see that the club has lost its way. TO be honest, we have been more than patient with the management so far. At any other team they would have crucified Magath by now!

K33NY

Hey blingo, Magath is signing us Kiraly!! What a great leader this is you must be overhappy about this? Sorry I dont try to be an a hole hwere but surely you MUST seen what madness lies in Magaths head now?

shnlwswlkr

We've got worse each game, what the hell is this OP on about telling us to have more time and patience.
Twitter - @shnlwswlkr

Peabody

Trust Bateman to start with the insults, just because someone disagrees with your argument you dare to suggest that they are not a genuine supporter. I think you should concentrate on your failed TV career, that's if you are the real Nasty Nick. I also disagree with most of the comments you post on here, so, go on, accuse me of not being a GENUINE Fulham Fan.

clanky

Just to add my tuppence radio 5 live news has just reported that Khan fully supports FM and is the right man to lead us back in the Premiership

( means he will be out tonight ! )

Yamus

There's your problem,Khan supports Magath.

blingo

Quote from: K33NY on August 26, 2014, 03:02:40 PM
Hey blingo, Magath is signing us Kiraly!! What a great leader this is you must be overhappy about this? Sorry I dont try to be an a hole hwere but surely you MUST seen what madness lies in Magaths head now?

Have we signed him?