more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

New Manager Taskforce: Merged

Started by Ordar, September 30, 2014, 03:05:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wingnut

Quote from: TonyGilroy on October 01, 2014, 12:17:13 PM
His Palace stint has put him in line for a medium size Premier League club such as Sunderland or Newcastle when the vacancy arises.

Agree 100% Tony. Pardew will get the sack pretty soon and Pulis is made for that job. He will do a good job for them too. I would be amazed if he ended up with us. Khan is taking this appointment very seriously, which is fantastic to see. A good panel which should find the right man for the job.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Mince n Tatties

Moyes odds on for Newcastle job.Absolute cert.

WhiteJag

IMHO, it's best to find someone "up and coming" who is hungry to create a name for himself than someone who has already had success at the highest levels.  Experience is invaluable of course but I prefer to see the drive and innovation of someone who is gunning for success.  That said, the right manager may be someone very few people have ever heard of.

YankeeJim

Quote from: YoungsBitter on September 30, 2014, 09:19:23 PM
Standard practice in large corporation is to have committee to appoint CEO or other senior roles, it probably says more about how flawed the normal process in football seems to be, ie how did Magath get appointed, had anyone actually done any reference checks? Also make the issue of Kit Symons's candidacy being much more formal, there was a risk that if he does ok in 3-4 games he gets appointed whether truly is the best long term solution or not.
Question remaining is who selects who the gang of 5 get to review? I wonder if they have a recruiter out there doing a search? In any major business - other than football - that would be SOP.

The real reason behind a corporate committee s so that if he new bloke fails, no one can point the finger of blame at anyone. Plausible deniability. I'm not saying this is Khan's position but no one takes blame for anything in corporate life.
I prefer to believe that Khan recognizes that between himself and his Fulham staff, no one shines at being good at selecting gaffers.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.