watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

New Manager Taskforce: Merged

Started by Ordar, September 30, 2014, 03:05:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

win-dup

Excellent news. Couldn't have picked a better team if I'd chosen it myself. Perhaps khan has decided it's time for a more hands on approach from himself. Not before time.

DeuceBigelow

VERY pleased to hear this. An exceptional group of people. Really glad to have Danny on board, the others each add credibility. Well done Mr Khan, it feels like you are listening. If you need a sixth member, give me a call!
Riverside Block W

Bracken White

Endorse the above - all good news. If Kit keeps winning, however, it won't be a difficult decision ... just his team, who should be 'Fulhamish.'
Stay Fulhamish ~ stay unique

epsomraver

+
haven't read through the previous pages so apologies if this has been said before but this is a poke in the eye for Ali Mac to not be included after his last two wonder signings

bucksfulham

Great news. Excellent team with enough Fulham history to know what the club's about. If they can't get it right, not sure who would.

Fernhurst

I'd endorse that, keep winning Kit and make it impossible for the committee to look elsewhere!

The two games after Bolton will tip the balance.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: epsomraver on September 30, 2014, 06:46:20 PM
+
haven't read through the previous pages so apologies if this has been said before but this is a poke in the eye for Ali Mac to not be included after his last two wonder signings

Wouldn't surprise me at all to hear that he'd resigned sometime during the summer after this season.

Though, perhaps he's best left to the business side of things and that's something that's acceptable to all parties. Just possible that he was asked to do more than was within his capabilities.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Holders

I can see that any manager appointed by that group would give Khan the confidence to entrust him with worthwhile funds in January.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

RidgeRider

+

I agree it is, but it may be a relief for Ali Mac as well. He really seems to be better suited for other things in the running of a club and is perhaps not well suited to select managers or players, but has had to in the recent past due to, perhaps, an assumption by our new owner that Ali Mac was well qualified to make those recommendations.

Fernhurst

Niall Quinn is in Lisbon tonight commentating for Sky Sports.
During part of his pre match interview he fielded questions on his involvement with FFC selection committee, he stuck to the script published on the offal but when pressed on when they report back to Mr Khan he put forward 3 weeks.

Just as I suspected...... The day after the Norwich game.

Fernhurst

+

Well you should!!!!! We expect speedy wingers like you to track back

epsomraver

Quote from: Fernhurst on September 30, 2014, 07:29:26 PM
+

Well you should!!!!! We expect speedy wingers like you to track back
093.gif 093.gif 093.gif please! I fell asleep at page 3

Forever Fulham

I hope all five will get to comment on the managers proposed by each other, so that the discussion will be robust and end in a final list of one to three available managers which will then go up to Shahid for his final decision.  It would be quite a dilemma for Khan if Kit wins or at least ties every game before they meet to submit their final short list.  But I just don't think Kit will get the top job in the end.  Too risky not to go with a manager with a proven record of great success at the Championship and/or EPL level.  Might not be fair, but that's the influence of financial considerations for you on today's game.

YankeeJim

If they come up with a manager that has the ability to read the game like Danny, the heart of McBride and the determination of both, we will have been well served.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Burt

Interesting stuff, certainly a strong panel, and a good move on Khan's part.

Let's not forget though that the role of the panel is to review, consider, advise and to recommend.

Not to appoint.

So to that extent Ali Mac as CEO will probably have oversight and perhaps even be the one to make the decision re any appointment, with Khan's agreement.

Tempest

None of these have managed so their input into the selection process for me is bizarre. If we had a panel of Sir Alex, curbs, hoddle etc then I would imagine that would be more appropriate. Obviously hope it works but a weird option for me
Live in Falmouth!

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Quote from: RidgeRider on September 30, 2014, 07:18:42 PM
+

I agree it is, but it may be a relief for Ali Mac as well. He really seems to be better suited for other things in the running of a club and is perhaps not well suited to select managers or players, but has had to in the recent past due to, perhaps, an assumption by our new owner that Ali Mac was well qualified to make those recommendations.

..........................except Quinn and Ali Mac have previous ................................... they are probably still good pals

YoungsBitter

Standard practice in large corporation is to have committee to appoint CEO or other senior roles, it probably says more about how flawed the normal process in football seems to be, ie how did Magath get appointed, had anyone actually done any reference checks? Also make the issue of Kit Symons's candidacy being much more formal, there was a risk that if he does ok in 3-4 games he gets appointed whether truly is the best long term solution or not.
Question remaining is who selects who the gang of 5 get to review? I wonder if they have a recruiter out there doing a search? In any major business - other than football - that would be SOP.
Quark, strangeness and charm

MikeCdawg

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on September 30, 2014, 03:14:51 PM
To me it proves his continued commitment to our club

Was just going to say this

aussierod

"Question remaining is who selects who the gang of 5 get to review? I wonder if they have a recruiter out there doing a search? In any major business - other than football - that would be SOP."
You've made me start thinking as to how managers are found, considered and appointed, with my thoughts being either via agents pushing their clients cv's out to all newly available positions or just the same old names that float about for every managerial position in England, ie Pulis, Curbishley, etc etc. I wonder if other leagues operate with the same managerial merry go round as well....
I doubt there will be a recruiter involved, however after khan has given his direction on the type of appointment he wants to make, eg, strong possibility to succeed and gain promotion, ability to develop youth and ability to relate to Fulham. I'd then hope all candidates are asked to nominate 5-10 candidates for consideration,  with kit being automatically considered as he's an FFC employee and is acting in that position already.
If we have a list of 25 to 40 candidates assuming that there will be some cross over, briefs are then prepared on all of them (ie managerial record, known strengths/weaknesses, youth promotion record, transfer policy etc) and then after reviewing all briefs separately, the panel meets to discuss and score each against Khan's directive.
From there, Khan is given a detailed shortlist with recommendations, and Khan will then interview and appoint
Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts