New Manager Taskforce: Merged

Started by Ordar, September 30, 2014, 03:05:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: cmg on September 30, 2014, 03:27:29 PM
Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on September 30, 2014, 03:18:11 PM
Very impressive team, im gob smacked.

Me too.

An extraordinarily innovative move and an impressive bunch of names. Well played, Mr K.

(If I may be allowed to be just a bit cynical - it provides a nice, collectively broad back to share in any blame, which, hopefully won't be required.)

I think there's plenty of room for cynicism here. He's going about this search in the safest way possible. I believe one would be hard pressed to find a supporter who thinks that list of advisors wouldn't want Fulham to be successful and return to it's place in the PL. Khan can then safely insert himself into the decisionmaking process and make the final call knowing that that panel of people would have the trust of the supporters. If the choice is the right one, he still made the ultimate call and got it right. If the choice fails, then the best advisors that could be found for Fulham just got it wrong.

I hope that he can keep this advisory panel together in some way and continue to lean on them. They will get more right for Fulham than they will get wrong.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

domprague

You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

MikeW

Very good move.  Bit worried about Quinn's presence.  Hope it does not

a) preclude Murphy putting his name forward
b) Kit being seriously considered.

But good.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

love4ffc

I feel Khan time and time again tries to prove he has Fulham's best interest at heart only to get smacked for it.  Khan is learning the English game.  No, I don't mean football.  I mean being an OWNER of an English team.   He got thrown under a bus the minute he purchased the club and has been plagued with mistakes ever since.  Yet he hasn't given up.  He is still marching on.  

For me this is very good news and appreciate what he is doing for our club.  I'm very impressed that Khan has put together not only a committee with impressive football knowledge but love4ffc (see what I did there?).  Khan has brought in a businessman who is a ST, a current FFC employee, and three ex-players of the highest levels, including two well respected captains.  To me the only thing that could make it even better would to include a dedicated fan from FOF.  

Also the fact that AM is not included tells me he is listening to the fans and does not fully trust AM with such an important decision.  

As for making it public, I think he truely wants to show the fans that he is dedicated to keeping his word and wants to show that he knows he can't take on the task of finding us a new manager alone.  Smart man in my eyes.  

Go on Mr. Khan, show 'em you mean business!   049:gif 051 049:gif

Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

aconnecticutyankee

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on September 30, 2014, 03:38:10 PM
Quote from: cmg on September 30, 2014, 03:27:29 PM
Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on September 30, 2014, 03:18:11 PM
Very impressive team, im gob smacked.

Me too.

An extraordinarily innovative move and an impressive bunch of names. Well played, Mr K.

(If I may be allowed to be just a bit cynical - it provides a nice, collectively broad back to share in any blame, which, hopefully won't be required.)

I think there's plenty of room for cynicism here. He's going about this search in the safest way possible. I believe one would be hard pressed to find a supporter who thinks that list of advisors wouldn't want Fulham to be successful and return to it's place in the PL. Khan can then safely insert himself into the decisionmaking process and make the final call knowing that that panel of people would have the trust of the supporters. If the choice is the right one, he still made the ultimate call and got it right. If the choice fails, then the best advisors that could be found for Fulham just got it wrong.

I hope that he can keep this advisory panel together in some way and continue to lean on them. They will get more right for Fulham than they will get wrong.

Agreed. Now Mr Kahn needs to stay away from using, avoid relegation/ gain promotion by (date) in future statements.

NJFulham

That's what I take from announcing search committee.

Fulham1959

Cynical = 'damned if you do, damned if you don't' ?

I have never felt the need to criticise Mr. Khan.  He has thrown £'millions at the club and no chairman/owner operates without lieutenants and advisers.  One can only presume, and with hindsight, that some advisers let him down, albeit with the best intentions.  Now he is being very transparent on the search for a new manager and the efforts to get things back on track.

Who knows where it will end ?  -  when was success ever guaranteed in football ?  -  but at least we now know that there is some proper direction.

The Bronsons

That is a fantastic set of advisors, and the thought that has gone into gathering them together suggests Khan's heart really is in the right place. It felt a bit weird when I first read the announcement, but I'm liking this more and more.

Slaphead in Qatar

sounds impressive.surprised if we end up with a dud manager this time.

Eggs for Breakfast

Hmm.  It is unlikely that they will all agree, so it will still be the owner's decision.

Black, White and Fred

I am sure he has dug into his pockets to acquire their services to boot. Like the sound of the lineup but I do feel this is a step away from Kit.
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: Eggs for Breakfast on September 30, 2014, 04:29:50 PM
Hmm.  It is unlikely that they will all agree, so it will still be the owner's decision.

yes maybe, but at least they will come up with a list of good candidates. a better list than rene, curbs, butch, felix I imagine.

Lighthouse

In think it will mean Kit will have three weeks to put his name forward as a credible manager or fail in the attempt. Not sure if the task force over complicates  things but at least we can't say they aren't trying to find the right solution.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

love4ffc

Quote from: Black, White and Fred on September 30, 2014, 04:34:30 PM
I am sure he has dug into his pockets to acquire their services to boot. Like the sound of the lineup but I do feel this is a step away from Kit.

Sadly you are probably correct sir.  
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Arthur

Quote from: Eggs for Breakfast on September 30, 2014, 04:29:50 PM

... which would only serve to show how difficult it is to identify the person who will be able manage the Club better than anyone else. Even if it is the case that more than one name is recommended, we can at least have confidence that whomever Khan appoints will be good for the Club.

Lighthouse

Not at all. He has been given time to make his mark and we will see just good or bad things are. My reading of other articles means that I reckon Kit will have time to make his mark. If he just cant turn it around in the short term  then there will be alternate names that will be reached and approached.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

TonyGilroy

You'd assume that he has a number of friends on the committee

Nero

Quote from: love4ffc on September 30, 2014, 04:45:42 PM
Quote from: Black, White and Fred on September 30, 2014, 04:34:30 PM

Sadly you are probably correct sir. 

Murphy knows Kit, Jennings knows Kit, pretty sure McBride will know Kit. Dont see how it a step away if hes the right man he will get the job, and this is about finding the right man.

K33NY

If Kit doesnt make it permanent job I certainly hope this 5 man force makes him at least assistant manager :)

jms

'How many 'men' .....jokes'

....... does it take to choose a decent manager. Ask Beserker and I, and we could sort it and do the housework in a few hours lol

Actually if he really needs 5 of them, I suppose we could do a lot worse  :022: