more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

New Manager Taskforce: Merged

Started by Ordar, September 30, 2014, 03:05:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ordar

From the offal. Well there's no messing about there

Chairman Shahid Khan today named a five-person search committee to provide guidance and leadership in identifying and reviewing candidates to serve as the next First Team Manager of Fulham Football Club.

Khan said two weeks ago that he will lead the search and ultimately appoint the position, but would seek counsel from qualified football people from within, close to or outside the Fulham organisation. In the case of all five committee members, knowledge of and respect for the traditions and standards of Fulham was a must for consideration.

"I've got the right five men to help us find the right man for Fulham," Khan said. "They each bring something similar, and yet unique, to the search. They understand what we want to achieve and they're committed to the process. And they very much respect Fulham. They know this is a special job for a manager and they want to play a role in making sure we get this right for everyone who plays for Fulham or loves the Club.  And we will."

The members of the committee, in alphabetical order:

David Daly.  Daly is Senior Director of Club and Federation business at Nike.  He is a lifelong Fulham fan who, as a child, regularly attended matches in the Hammersmith End and continues to be a Season Ticket Holder from his office in Amsterdam. Daly's keen understanding of the Fulham culture and professional experience in the world of football will offer a distinctive point of view in the managerial search.

Huw Jennings.  Jennings has more than 20 years of experience of developing young talent for the professional game. He is responsible for managing the Category One-ranked Fulham Academy programme through the U21 level, covering areas from player acquisition and contracts, staff engagement and deployment among many other important duties. Jennings' views on ensuring continued player development at the First Team level will be valuable in the managerial search.

Brian McBride.  A popular captain at Fulham and hero for the United States men's national team, McBride remains linked to the international game and his passion for Fulham is as vibrant as ever.  Given the rich history of U.S. talent at Fulham, McBride's service to the Chairman and search committee will strengthen that connection as Fulham rebuilds for the future and ultimately eyes global growth.

Danny Murphy.  The spirited former captain at Fulham and based in London, Murphy is only recently removed from his playing career and therefore offers an important point of view on what will work best for a manager in today's football environment and, in particular, at a club with the tradition and respect as Fulham. Murphy's love for Fulham and desire to contribute to his former club are both unqualified.

Niall Quinn.  A former Ireland national team star, Quinn briefly attended the Fulham Academy before playing 17 seasons in English football with Arsenal and Manchester City before landing at Sunderland, where he would forge an impressive career as a player, manager and chairman. In his first season as chairman, in 2006-2007, Quinn led the Black Cats back into the Premier League and kept the club there for six seasons. Quinn was heralded at Sunderland for his ability to connect community with club.

All five committee members spoke last week with Khan, and all but McBride met in London within the past few days with Mark Lamping, the president of the Jacksonville Jaguars of the National Football League and a non‑executive director on the Fulham Board of Directors. Khan met with Daly last month in London, and Khan and Lamping met with McBride during the summer at a United States men's national team match in Jacksonville.

Last week, Khan told Kit Symons, the current caretaker manager, that he is considered a candidate to assume the role of first team manager on a full-time basis.

"But this will be an exhaustive, thorough and deliberate process," Khan said in his programme notes on Saturday, Sept. 20.  "No decisions will be made for the sake of deadlines or convenience.  I plan to summon a number of qualified advisors for input, some within or close to the Fulham family and others who will bring a perspective from outside the Club.  In the end the decision will be mine, but the choice will be made with the benefit of excellent and highly respected counsel.  This process is already underway and I look forward to tackling the challenge and opportunity ahead."

Ordar

Good to see they've got some Fulham legends in there. Wonder if Murphy will put himself forward lol

Whiteroom

It's a pretty formidable team! I really like the sound if it, and would put a lot of faith in a few members of that group. It does seem odd to make such a public display of it.

NorfolkJim

Quote from: Whiteroom on September 30, 2014, 03:09:50 PM
It's a pretty formidable team! I really like the sound if it, and would put a lot of faith in a few members of that group. It does seem odd to make such a public display of it.

Maybe Khan feels a bit stung by the opinions expressed of him. Billionaires don't like looking like fools

Berserker

Wow I'm inpressed
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

SouthWest6

I think we mean business.. Has Kahn finally seen the light?

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

To me it proves his continued commitment to our club
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Ordar

Interesting aswell that Ali Mac isnt mentioned whatsoever.

Peppo

Great news. Sounds like he knows there were too many hasty decisions last year based on bad advice.

Fulham1959

Excellent news / communication with the fans.

rusty shackleford

We have to be one of the weirdest clubs ever. Has this ever been done before?

Me-ate-Live, innit??

David Daly.  Daly is Senior Director of Club and Federation business at Nike.   his office in Amsterdam.

I hope the others shout him down  if he suggests a Dutch man  :026:

dannyboi-ffc

Very impressive team, im gob smacked.

I trust between those 5 brains they will have the right answer and more importantly they understand fulham. Interesting to add niall quinn but a shrewd choice in my eyes.

At least this proves ali mac wasnt trusted to make another big call, dont really see why hes still in a job if he isnt responsible for these kind of decisions any more.  Its also good that khan made it public because now we know whos decision it will be and we are finally being kept in the loop.

Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Stefano Okaka Chuka

I think that's an answer to those questioning the appointment of Magath in the first place and whoever did it (Ali Mac probably) is not in the committee. But this isn't our old Fulham that did things behind closed doors and I don't know if it's for better or worse.
She's a Flamenco girl
and dancing is her life
she said stay with me, stay with me
Viva el Fulham!

Fulham1959

Quote from: Ordar on September 30, 2014, 03:16:28 PM
Interesting aswell that Ali Mac isnt mentioned whatsoever.

What aswell party this is !

supersimmo123

Ali Mac is a accountant by trade and a numbers man. I can understand him not being involved. Good to see Khan doing this and I like the transparency.

cmg

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on September 30, 2014, 03:18:11 PM
Very impressive team, im gob smacked.

Me too.

An extraordinarily innovative move and an impressive bunch of names. Well played, Mr K.

(If I may be allowed to be just a bit cynical - it provides a nice, collectively broad back to share in any blame, which, hopefully won't be required.)

Patrick

Quote from: KCat on September 30, 2014, 03:18:02 PM

David Daly.  Daly is Senior Director of Club and Federation business at Nike.   his office in Amsterdam.

I hope the others shout him down  if he suggests a Dutch man  :026:

I am VERY sure that will NOT be the case.....

Putney

Daly - corporate focused
Jennings - academy focused
Murphy - Fulham focused
McBride - global/Fulham focused
Quinn - football focused

Nice mix there.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Whiteroom on September 30, 2014, 03:09:50 PM

An inspired bit of PR if you ask me. Three poor managerial decisions in, three poor transfer windows in (if judged by the following results) and Khan has to know that confidence in the decisionmaking at the club is at an all time low. What better way to assure the supporters that he and the club have only the best intentions in mind than to be so public about such a strong list of advisors. People who say Khan is an absentee owner must now realize that he is paying attention, learning, and acting in our club's best interests.

Lack of communication and poor communication has lost the administrators of the club's business a great deal of trust. One need only pay a bit of passing attention to this board to learn this. Being overt and communicative (as much as is possible) in this process will help to win that back. Well, that and finally making a good and successful managerial choice.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude