watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Gib want to play their qualifying games at CC

Started by blingo, March 26, 2015, 01:13:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Equalizer

Gib's a bloody pub football team. They'll be tearing chunks out of our hallowed turf!
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

blingo

But we will pay for the damage to be repaired. ;) Oh and thanks for the compliment Mr Eq, I didn't even think we were THAT good lol :)

Burt

I'd pay to see them play. Be good to see lots of goals  :dft011:

blingo

Hang on Burt, Germany 7-1 against Brazil but Germany 4-0 against Gib lol. I reckon it must have been Germany's worst ever day lol

Burt

Blimey that was good going. I assume it was one of dannyboi's double-deckers parked in front of the goal?  :dft011:

Berserker

I'd go and watch
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Burt on March 26, 2015, 04:45:57 PM
Blimey that was good going. I assume it was one of dannyboi's double-deckers parked in front of the goal?  :dft011:

Don't they drive on the other side of the road to us? Does that mean they park the bus down the other end of the pitch and never score?

Good luck to them, there's too much arrogance in football. Nothing wrong with them becoming part of the qualifying process and they cant be any worse than san marino, Andorra or faroe islands. They deserve the right to have a crack at it.

Don't crash the bus lads!
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on March 26, 2015, 08:08:55 PM

Don't they drive on the other side of the road to us? Does that mean they park the bus down the other end of the pitch and never score?

Good luck to them, there's too much arrogance in football. Nothing wrong with them becoming part of the qualifying process and they cant be any worse than san marino, Andorra or faroe islands. They deserve the right to have a crack at it.

Your obsessed with buses.

" Mind The Doors ". 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on March 26, 2015, 08:08:55 PM

Quite right Danny, they are entitled to enter these competitions and friendlies, if they get well beaten that's up to them, and will have to take on the chin, which I am sure they will. However, when you mentioned they are no worse than San Marino, Andorra and Faroe Islands, you omitted to add Scotland to that bunch.

Low Bridge Ahead
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

MJG

Don't have a problem with there being the lesser teams in the competitions,  but they are just so far short of even the average teams the fixtures in groups are a waste of time.
I've always thought that the worst five or six teams should be put I  their group and the winner go into a playoff.
Playing teams of their own level has to be better than getting beat five or more to nil.

blingo

It's all about taking part and being part of the experience MGJ. Let me ask you. If you came from a peninsular with a population of 30k people and your son played for the national team, how proud would you be, both as a father and part of a nation to see your son walking out onto the pitch to play a big team? That is why it is done, it spurs the younger kids on and the grass roots of football grow much faster in that country with the hope that maybe one day, I could ply against Ronaldo or Messi. We lose the whole point and structure of football if we ignore the smaller teams. Isn't it that expectation and hope that makes the FA Cup the greatest football competition in the world? Why should it be any different on a national level?

ps. We have already beaten both San Marino and Malta.

dannyboi-ffc

Its surely arrogance though MJG for us as a much bigger nation to refuse these smaller nations the opportunity to play an England or a France. It might be a waste of time for us but it isnt for them and equality should come before inferiority.

You wouldnt stop Dartford playing United in the Fa Cup

As for it being a waste of time, we need to stop have meaningless friendlies against Italy etc before we have any right to belittle anyone.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

TheDaddy

Well if it gets you over here more often ill drink to that
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

Vinnieffc

When Gib have the late Reg Varney between the sticks, you can expect a few in the Goals Against column..

blingo

blingo

Quote from: TheDaddy on March 27, 2015, 09:31:50 AM
Well if it gets you over here more often ill drink to that

I would too m8 lol :) Hows the princess?

MJG

Quote from: blingo on March 27, 2015, 08:16:25 AM
It's all about taking part and being part of the experience MGJ. Let me ask you. If you came from a peninsular with a population of 30k people and your son played for the national team, how proud would you be, both as a father and part of a nation to see your son walking out onto the pitch to play a big team? That is why it is done, it spurs the younger kids on and the grass roots of football grow much faster in that country with the hope that maybe one day, I could ply against Ronaldo or Messi. We lose the whole point and structure of football if we ignore the smaller teams. Isn't it that expectation and hope that makes the FA Cup the greatest football competition in the world? Why should it be any different on a national level?

I'm not saying they should not play better teams. What I'm saying is to progress losing 28 games in a row and scoring 2 gaols is not going to improve anyone.

IF they were playing teams of their own standard in a group then they would all have the chance to get used to winning, even drawing games. Lets be honest are teams like Andorra, Luxemburg etc getting any better?

MJG

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on March 27, 2015, 08:24:50 AM
Its surely arrogance though MJG for us as a much bigger nation to refuse these smaller nations the opportunity to play an England or a France. It might be a waste of time for us but it isnt for them and equality should come before inferiority.

You wouldnt stop Dartford playing United in the Fa Cup

As for it being a waste of time, we need to stop have meaningless friendlies against Italy etc before we have any right to belittle anyone.
Its not arrogance its about helping improve them as well as competition in all the groups.

blingo

Quote from: MJG on March 27, 2015, 10:12:51 AM
Quote from: blingo on March 27, 2015, 08:16:25 AM

I'm not saying they should not play better teams. What I'm saying is to progress losing 28 games in a row and scoring 2 gaols is not going to improve anyone.

IF they were playing teams of their own standard in a group then they would all have the chance to get used to winning, even drawing games. Lets be honest are teams like Andorra, Luxemburg etc getting any better?

No of course not but ask yourself why a country of 30k or 100k people cant produce a team like Germany or Brazil. The answer is not in restricting those countries and pushing them into a group of wannabe's or also rans is it? Let them play. The Gib team has improved considerably, but there are limits as to how far they can go because they are limited in both resources and facilities. What you are saying is that they should not play with the big boys because they are not big enough. It also provides big revenues for smaller teams and that can only be good can't it?