Main Menu

Symons Press Conference Notes

Started by Ordar, April 30, 2015, 03:34:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DevonFFC

What was stafs Instagram?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FulhamStu

Maybe its about time we heard from Rigg (Kits Boss)

I think the issues people (like me) have with Kit, is that he seems to make a lot of poor choices.   He is not great during game time, but this may be lack of experience. He is unlikely to attract the better players a more heavyweight managers might attract (then again maybe these are not the sort of players we need).  And this is the bad bit, I personally think he is not that bright !!   All this may be wrong and or change.

On the plus side, he knows the Fulham 1st team and youth squads better than anyone, he is a Fulham man and has had a season of tough learning which should mean he understands what we have to do to compete for Promotion.

We are all wise after the event.  If he does stay and starts next season well, we will all be behind him.  Its just the question marks agains him at this moment, hugely outweigh those in his favour. 

I think we need to hear from Rigg, who may at this moment be unsure himself and looking at the potential alternatives.  Would Lennon / Clark or Houghton be better bets than Kit ??   Probably not.

snarks

Quote from: Wearethewhites on April 30, 2015, 04:39:33 PM
Fine by me, if Kit stays, it'll mean another season in the Championship, so if that's the Clubs ambition, then let them get on with it, I won't be renewing my season ticket. Just another quick marketing ploy to get you to renew, then announce the backing of Symon's.

Before everyone jumps on my back about this, tactically, there is no benefits of keeping him as manager. If all fails, then an experience guy will possibly deliver the same mid-table finish.

Early signs of a productive summer are looking bleak already (sigh) 

That has to be one of the most negative posts, and I take on board your "on my back" comment.

I repeat a post I've made several times re Mick McCarthy ("Knows how to get out of this division")
3rd Season at Ipswich 14th, 9th and playoffs.

Why is Kit worthy of being given no chance, why is someone "who knows how to get out of the division" worthy of at least 3.

Why is summer looking bleak. No-one, not one club has started in the transfer market, Fulhams summer looks promising to me, at least we know that Kit wants to change it, not just make do and mend.

fulhamben

Quote from: snarks on April 30, 2015, 06:17:08 PM
Quote from: Wearethewhites on April 30, 2015, 04:39:33 PM
Fine by me, if Kit stays, it'll mean another season in the Championship, so if that's the Clubs ambition, then let them get on with it, I won't be renewing my season ticket. Just another quick marketing ploy to get you to renew, then announce the backing of Symon's.

Before everyone jumps on my back about this, tactically, there is no benefits of keeping him as manager. If all fails, then an experience guy will possibly deliver the same mid-table finish.

Early signs of a productive summer are looking bleak already (sigh) 

That has to be one of the most negative posts, and I take on board your "on my back" comment.

I repeat a post I've made several times re Mick McCarthy ("Knows how to get out of this division")
3rd Season at Ipswich 14th, 9th and playoffs.

Why is Kit worthy of being given no chance, why is someone "who knows how to get out of the division" worthy of at least 3.

Why is summer looking bleak. No-one, not one club has started in the transfer market, Fulhams summer looks promising to me, at least we know that Kit wants to change it, not just make do and mend.

so is nearly a whole season not classed as a chance then? It's more of a chance than rene and Felix were given.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Arthur

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on April 30, 2015, 05:22:35 PM
Honestly, I only care what we do. Playing a relaxed game in no way prepares their squad well for the short promotion tournament that lies ahead of them.

To be clear, I was only speaking to the notion that we just play our youngsters to get them experience for next season. If a youngster has earned a place in Kit's roster, or even in the starting eleven, then I am all for that. If we're just starting someone to get them experience no matter what, I am against that. They are professionals. Earning a place in the team should count for something each and every game IMHO.

Apologies first, TMcT: I have re-read my response to your initial post; in putting forward my opinion, it was not my intention to sound critical of yours.

I do, however, respectfully disagree. I think that this weekend's match represents a developmental opportunity for the likes of Roberts, Dembele, Hyndman or whomever to gain a little of the necessary experience that will enable them to sooner earn their places in the starting XI.

That none of them are currently the most deserving player for their position in the team matters not to me. Rather, to forego the chance for them to learn; to insist that they have to be better than the player whom they would replace; to say that they cannot take part in what is, in effect, a 'dead rubber' would be short-sighted.

I'm not advocating we play eleven inexperienced youngsters. The benefits, however, of starting three or four with a view to substituting on a further two or three may well outweigh the effect that this may have upon the scoreline.

Fulham1959

Playing youngsters just to give them experience - when it'll be 3 months before they could play again - would be pointless, to my way of thinking.

fulhamben

Quote from: Arthur on April 30, 2015, 06:53:59 PM
Honestly, I only care what we do. Playing a relaxed game in no way prepares their squad well for the short promotion tournament that lies ahead of them.

To be clear, I was only speaking to the notion that we just play our youngsters to get them experience for next season. If a youngster has earned a place in Kit's roster, or even in the starting eleven, then I am all for that. If we're just starting someone to get them experience no matter what, I am against that. They are professionals. Earning a place in the team should count for something each and every game IMHO.

Apologies first, TMcT: I have re-read my response to your initial post; in putting forward my opinion, it was not my intention to sound critical of yours.

I do, however, respectfully disagree. I think that this weekend's match represents a developmental opportunity for the likes of Roberts, Dembele, Hyndman or whomever to gain a little of the necessary experience that will enable them to sooner earn their places in the starting XI.

That none of them are currently the most deserving player for their position in the team matters not to me. Rather, to forego the chance for them to learn; to insist that they have to be better than the player whom they would replace; to say that they cannot take part in what is, in effect, a 'dead rubber' would be short-sighted.

I'm not advocating we play eleven inexperienced youngsters. The benefits, however, of starting three or four with a view to substituting on a further two or three may well outweigh the effect that this may have upon the scoreline.
its not like the players that they would replace are tearing up any trees anyway. Who wouldn't want to see Freddie replace kav for this one

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Arthur on April 30, 2015, 06:53:59 PM

No offense taken. And, I can certainly respect a differing opinion. Like I said, no problem with the youngsters playing if they've put in the work and earned their minutes.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

God The Mechanic

Quote from: Fulham1959 on April 30, 2015, 07:04:56 PM
Playing youngsters just to give them experience - when it'll be 3 months before they could play again - would be pointless, to my way of thinking.

It could give some of them an indication that the club may legitimately want to use them more next season though?

MJG

As is loanees or contracted players  who we know are not coming back.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: MJG on April 30, 2015, 07:18:06 PM

All depends on how one views this last game really. If it's just a game that is meaningless, I can see throwing the youngsters out there to have a 90 minute kick around. But if it means that little, then why put any of our players on to begin with? Put the want aways and those we don't care for any longer out there and protect our own from possible injury. Let them all rest and prep for next season.

On the other hand, if the game actually means something, it should be taken seriously, as should the competition for places to play in it.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Mince n Tatties

Correct...

Arthur

I wonder whether any of the youngsters, if picked, would agree with you. I suspect not.

fulhamben

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on April 30, 2015, 07:28:48 PM

All depends on how one views this last game really. If it's just a game that is meaningless, I can see throwing the youngsters out there to have a 90 minute kick around. But if it means that little, then why put any of our players on to begin with? Put the want aways and those we don't care for any longer out there and protect our own from possible injury. Let them all rest and prep for next season.

On the other hand, if the game actually means something, it should be taken seriously, as should the competition for places to play in it.
define take it seriously though, is picking the players that have under performed and ended up in relegation fight taking it seriously? A wiser man than me once said (roughly) insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

fulhamben

Quote from: Arthur on April 30, 2015, 07:35:36 PM

I wonder whether any of the youngsters, if picked, would agree with you. I suspect not.
i would rest Calum and betts though as they possibly have a 21s tourney in the summer

RaySmith

I think Kit has deserved to be in charge next season, and is right to want to put a strong team out at Norwich, with a view to a positive result.

davew

Quote from: The Enclosurite on April 30, 2015, 04:19:09 PM
It does almost feel that we are being conditioned now into accepting the fact that Kit will be in charge next season.
I sincerely hope not!! If we are busy in the Summer transfer window, maybe I might have second thoughts, but even with a very poor and inadequate squad that we have had this season, I don't really see that he has done a good job! Sorry to all you KS converts after our lucky win last weekend!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Jonaldiniho 88

Send some kids out and say "show me why you should be part of my plans next season". One game isn't enough I know but none is worse. Kit has stated he didn't want to dent the kids confidence in a relegation scrap but that is no longer the case. Playing loan players, unless we are planning on signing them makes little sense in my opinion.

mikestrand

Kit will play his strongest side ( if he knows it) in the non event norwich game for one reason only , to build up his stats and paint a rosier picture, most managers in the same position would do exactly the same.

Yamus

If Kit stay's he will be even more reliant on Mr Curbishley,i would think.