more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Symons Press Conference Notes

Started by Ordar, April 30, 2015, 03:34:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ordar

Prepare to be annoyed:

- Kit is sure he'll be at the club next season.
- Kit says he's unlikely to use the youngsters against Norwich as he wants to finish the season on a high.
- Kit says he'll speak to the out of contract and loan players about their futures after the Norwich game.
- Kit on Stafylidis' Instagram post implying he's leaving - 'maybe he's decided he's off, I haven't spoken to him yet'
- Kit says he's expecting a lot of changes at the Club over the summer.
- Reflecting on the season, Kit says: "It was a tough season that we had to battle through. But we won that battle.
- In his pre-match press conference, Kit Symons says that Scott Parker remains a doubt for Saturday's trip to Norwich.

I have an incredibly bad feeling that he's going to stay...

(credit to Thomas McIlroy on twitter)

Sgt Fulham

Buy enough quality talent in summer early, give them a whole preseason to settle and get fit and it probably shouldnt matter if he's in charge. Thats looking at it in the most positive light I guess...

Lighthouse

We are getting to the point where every post is an excuse to have a go at Symons. But thanks for posting as I (needless to say) read the points and make different conclusions.

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Wimbledon_White

Yeah I don't understand the bile with which some people are slagging off Kit nowadays.

Yes the tactics weren't perfect, the results often disappointing, but doesn't a proper Fulham man deserve as much time as humanly possible?! Or do we just want to be yet another group of irrational, impatient and deluded fans with ideas way above their station?

Kit deserves a proper pre-season and a chance to build a squad.

049:gif

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: Wimbledon_White on April 30, 2015, 03:48:11 PM
Yeah I don't understand the bile with which some people are slagging off Kit nowadays.

Yes the tactics weren't perfect, the results often disappointing, but doesn't a proper Fulham man deserve as much time as humanly possible?! Or do we just want to be yet another group of irrational, impatient and deluded fans with ideas way above their station?

Although I've had go at him about things, I agree in the short/long term
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Ordar

I didnt slag off Symons in my post. I was quoting what was said in the press conference. I merely said I was worried he was going to stay. Quite clearly he is tactically inept. It doesnt make him a bad person and I appreciate what he has done for the club, it doesnt make him a good manager.

Putting out loan signings and players who are going to leave again for the final game of the season is ridiculous. Its extremely likely that only 4 or 5 of the players that start at the weekend will be starting the first game next year.

If the younger players cant get game time in such a relatively meaningless game for us, when are they going to play?!

Southcoastffc

Exactly  :plus one:  The very helpful league table posted yesterday by MJG showed that we'd have finished very comfortably upper mid-table if Kit had been the only manager this season of our mish-mash of a squad.  
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

The Equalizer

Quote from: Ordar on April 30, 2015, 03:55:14 PM
I didnt slag off Symons in my post. I was quoting what was said in the press conference. I merely said I was worried he was going to stay. Quite clearly he is tactically inept. It doesnt make him a bad person and I appreciate what he has done for the club, it doesnt make him a good manager.

Putting out loan signings and players who are going to leave again for the final game of the season is ridiculous. Its extremely likely that only 4 or 5 of the players that start at the weekend will be starting the first game next year.

If the younger players cant get game time in such a relatively meaningless game for us, when are they going to play?!

0001.jpeg

I agree. Great, we stayed up. We could have been in this position months ago, not just the last few weeks. Clearly tactically poor, no matter how nice a guy he is.

I'd like to build the future of this club with someone who has a lot of experience, not someone who can't sub a player who is clearly breathing out of this arse after 70 minutes.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Southcoastffc

Here's another quote for you: "I certainly want to finish the season as strongly as possible. I want to finish it off properly but we've also got an eye on next season now so that will play a part in my potential team selection or substitutes."

Seems sensible to me.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Chris M

The group of irrational, impatient and deluded fans were the ones that wanted him in, and purely look at football in the short term (results). Performances, style of play, team selections, loan outs/ins, set up, patterns of play have all been a disaster. We need a new u21 manager, about 4 new coaches and a new manager, get Wrigley back etc.

Would be nice to have a decent manager, whilst investing in the youth at the same time. Not the last three years spending money in youth whilst the top down management has been appalling.

FFC1987

Quote from: Southcoastffc on April 30, 2015, 03:58:42 PM

Exactly  :plus one:  The very helpful league table posted yesterday by MJG showed that we'd have finished very comfortably upper mid-table if Kit had been the only manager this season of our mish-mash of a squad.   

I hate those tables being used as objective fact. Don't get me wrong, they're interesting but need to be taken with a punch of salt. For all we know, Magath's cheese might have worked and we'd finished much higher. Its all theory.

I don't like people bashing fans who think kit shouldn't be here next year after the shocker of a season we've had. Fair enough thinking differently, but slinging mud is just petty and uncalled for.

I was firmly against him staying past the end of this season for reasons already mentioned but I'd like to think that all fans if he is given time will support him and the club and hope, like when he joined he becomes a success.

Good luck to him because if we spend, he has a massive job on his hands as promotion will be the necessity and the pressure will be enormous considering how difficult this league is.

nose

Quote from: Ordar on April 30, 2015, 03:55:14 PM
I didnt slag off Symons in my post. I was quoting what was said in the press conference. I merely said I was worried he was going to stay.

actually you said
'I have an incredibly bad feeling that he's going to stay...'

and that does sound like you were having a go..... I am just saying

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Southcoastffc on April 30, 2015, 04:05:34 PM
Here's another quote for you: "I certainly want to finish the season as strongly as possible. I want to finish it off properly but we've also got an eye on next season now so that will play a part in my potential team selection or substitutes."

Seems sensible to me.

Yes it does. And, I believe Norwich deserve as tough a match as we can possibly give them, being in the table position that they are ( I know the result wont change their position enough to matter ).

As well, playing til the last whistle of the last game will be a good lesson for the youngsters. We may be fighting for a playoff place next season or an automatic place or fighting to survive. Who knows? We're Fulham. Point being, those that deserve a place in the first team, in the eyes of the manager, are who should be starting - not those who might or might not be ready come the following season.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

The Enclosurite

It does almost feel that we are being conditioned now into accepting the fact that Kit will be in charge next season.
¡COYW!

Arthur

Quote from: Lighthouse on April 30, 2015, 03:38:54 PM
We are getting to the point where every post is an excuse to have a go at Symons.

If we are (and I do not wish to imply that this thread is), is it not par for the course when our manager is considered to be letting us down? We reached exactly the same point with Jol and Magath.

Maybe you are noticing this all the more owing to that you are one of the minority who would rather Symons continued; with MJ and FM, I guess you were among the majority who wanted rid of them and, as such, were not irked by the tide of criticism they received.

Wearethewhites

Fine by me, if Kit stays, it'll mean another season in the Championship, so if that's the Clubs ambition, then let them get on with it, I won't be renewing my season ticket. Just another quick marketing ploy to get you to renew, then announce the backing of Symon's.

Before everyone jumps on my back about this, tactically, there is no benefits of keeping him as manager. If all fails, then an experience guy will possibly deliver the same mid-table finish.

Early signs of a productive summer are looking bleak already (sigh) 

Arthur

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on April 30, 2015, 04:17:12 PM
Yes it does. And, I believe Norwich deserve as tough a match as we can possibly give them...

Do you think that Norwich will reciprocate by playing a full-strength side and giving it their all? Unless they are going to do so, then clearly they don't 'deserve' anything from us.

As well, playing til the last whistle of the last game will be a good lesson for the youngsters.

However much of a lesson not playing this weekend will be for our youngsters, I would argue that, handled well, it would be a far more useful lesson for some of them to be involved in the game.

rubbernecca

Quote from: Wearethewhites on April 30, 2015, 04:39:33 PM
Fine by me, if Kit stays, it'll mean another season in the Championship, so if that's the Clubs ambition, then let them get on with it, I won't be renewing my season ticket. Just another quick marketing ploy to get you to renew, then announce the backing of Symon's.

Before everyone jumps on my back about this, tactically, there is no benefits of keeping him as manager. If all fails, then an experience guy will possibly deliver the same mid-table finish.

Early signs of a productive summer are looking bleak already (sigh) 

There is another serious problem with keeping Kit. How are we going to attract any quality players this summer?

As a potential player would you believe in his VISION, in his AMBITION?  079.gif

Or maybe it's Curbishley job.  He definitely looks like a salesman or at least like Michael McIntyre playing a regional sales manager.

051 Khan - WAKE UP! you're throwing your investment down the proverbial toilet!

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Arthur on April 30, 2015, 04:42:43 PM
Yes it does. And, I believe Norwich deserve as tough a match as we can possibly give them...

Do you think that Norwich will reciprocate by playing a full-strength side and giving it their all? Unless they are going to do so, then clearly they don't 'deserve' anything from us.

As well, playing til the last whistle of the last game will be a good lesson for the youngsters.

However much of a lesson not playing this weekend will be for our youngsters, I would argue that, handled well, it would be a far more useful lesson for some of them to be involved in the game.

Honestly, I only care what we do. Playing a relaxed game in no way prepares their squad well for the short promotion tournament that lies ahead of them.

To be clear, I was only speaking to the notion that we just play our youngsters to get them experience for next season. If a youngster has earned a place in Kit's roster, or even in the starting eleven, then I am all for that. If we're just starting someone to get them experience no matter what, I am against that. They are professionals. Earning a place in the team should count for something each and every game IMHO.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

NJFulham

sounds like he thinks his job status doesnt seem secure. if it was, hed played kids.