more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official 2015 Silly Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 03, 2015, 11:35:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Craven Mad

Thanks

Just seen his contract is up at the end of June - explaining the low-ball offer.

I think Gray has his sights set on the premier league (which is why he's rejected contract talks with Brum). He's probably more likely to head to a lower-prem side. But maybe Rigg will be able to tempt him here by selling a "promotion push" season with an exit clause if it's not achieved..

It'd be great to have him here, he's quick and skilful and would sort out our left mid/wing,  but I reckon it's unlikely he'll stay in the Championship.

spikey norman

Agree
Bournemouth will probably try for him again.I think they had three bids for him rejected in the January window and one was £5 million.

cmg

Quote from: spikey norman on May 15, 2015, 07:36:06 AM
According to one newspaper today Fulham are preparing a £5 millin pound bid for Demarai Gray from Birmingham

Certainly a step up on some of the iffy commodities we have been linked with.
A very fine young player.

Couple of snags as I see it:
1.One would think he is set for the PL
2. Although he is a team mate of Roberts in the England u18s (he usually plays on the other wing) one MIGHT see him as a Roberts replacement rather than a complement.
I'd say he was at a slightly more advanced stage in his football development compared to Pat, although Pat still has the greater potential (in my opinion).

cmg

Whatever you might think of him as a player, Bryan comes across as one hell of a nice guy.

Far less talented players than him would have thrown the toys out of the pram long before now.

I know he is getting well paid, I know it is partly down to his weaknesses that teams haven't been falling over themselves to sign him and I know that this extension is probably just a device so that we (quite rightly) realize a bit of dough on, him but he has always conducted himself in a professional, dignified fashion. Good luck to him, whatever might lie ahead.

Snibbo

Quote from: cmg on May 15, 2015, 09:22:37 AM

Whatever you might think of him as a player, Bryan comes across as one hell of a nice guy.

Far less talented players than him would have thrown the toys out of the pram long before now.

I know he is getting well paid, I know it is partly down to his weaknesses that teams haven't been falling over themselves to sign him and I know that this extension is probably just a device so that we (quite rightly) realize a bit of dough on, him but he has always conducted himself in a professional, dignified fashion. Good luck to him, whatever might lie ahead.
Well said.

Craven Mad

Quote from: Friendsoffulham on May 15, 2015, 09:13:51 AM

The linked article [google translated]:

"Bryan Ruiz met this Thursday by the club Fulham that will make effective renewal of a year that had to please in the contract, so the Costa Rican Captain will remain linked to the English club until June 2016.

Bryan said that with this decision taken by the Fulham you faint not because he was confident that this club can negotiate with teams that are interested by it during window of transfers, which starts in June and ends in August, to return to the first Division in Europe, or another continent.

On the other hand, the tico player showed his pleasure by incorporating that took this Thursday the national team for the Gold Cup.
"

The translation is hard to understand, but it seems fair to say that we've renewed his contract for another year with the intention to allow him to negotiate with other clubs and recover some costs in a sale if a suitor comes in with an acceptable bid.

So, he's here for now but could be off during the summer.

Also, I completely agree with the statements above: Bryan is a class act both on and off the pitch. Some may get annoyed by his style of play, but he put in some big shifts this year, even though we all know he wants out. Most players these days would just sulk until they get transferred.

TWFL

Well one thing can't be denied. We're definitely looking to be busy. Season barely over and being linked left, right and centre. Let's hope we actually get them done in time for pre season.

Friendsoffulham

Rumour Round-Up: The Latest Fulham Transfer Gossip

The Sun are reporting that Fulham are readying a £7 million bid for Birmingham youngster Demarai Gray - the 3rd source to report this rumour

The 18-year-old burst onto the scene for Birmingham City this year, playing in 35 games, a tremendous achievement at such a young age. He has recently been called up to train with the England under-21s but has also been linked with a £5-7million deal to the Cottagers. Gray has a year left on his contract and has attracted significant interest from the Premier League new-boys, Bournemouth, who have had three bids rejected already whilst Liverpool and PSV Eindhoven are also, reportedly, in the reckoning.

Fulham are believed to have bid a second time for Brighton defender Lewis Dunk. Fee is believed to be £750k.

Sky Sources believe that Fulham had a bid rejected earlier on in the week, but have since upped their offer to £750k. This is still surprising, as the defender is valued above £4m in many eyes. He is just one of many youngsters which Fulham are keeping tabs on. The Rams are also reported to be keen on the 23-year-old centre-back, along with Championship rivals Fulham. Brighton are said to be keen to keep hold of one of their brightest prospects, who signed a four-year contract with his hometown club last summer. Dunk has made more than 100 appearances for the Seagulls, having come through the youth ranks. He played 44 games this season and scored seven goals.

Fulham, Charlton Athletic and Brentford are interested in taking former MK Dons star Dele Alli on loan next season, reports MK Web.

The 19-year-old joined Tottenham Hotspur in a £5 million deal in February but was allowed to spend the rest of the season at stadium MK, where he helped the club win promotion to the Championship on the last day of the League One season. But Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino may be willing to let the midfielder go out on loan for another season to further develop his footballing education. The Argentine will run the rule over Alli once he joins up with the squad for pre-season training. Alli came through the youth ranks at MK Dons and went on to score 24 goals in 88 appearances.

Emmanuel Emenike has rejected the chance to play his football in Qatar next season and has been linked with Fulham.

Fenerbahce want to offload Nigerian international Emmanuel Emenike in part exchange. If the name is familiar, this was the same Emenike that demanded to be substituted after being booed by his own fans during their 1-0 home win over rivals Besiktas in March. Emenike, is in his second spell at the club, has only scored four goals in 25 Turkish Super League appearances this season. He joined Fenerbahce in 2011 but was linked to a match-fixing scandal, though later cleared and joined Spartak Moscow before playing a game for the Istanbul club. He then rejoined in 2013 for a reported £10.2 million.

Portsmouth star, Jed Wallace is a transfer target for Fulham & Wolves this summer.

The contract Wallace signed last summer contains a transfer fee release clause, with Fulham, Ipswich and Wolves among those showing interest. The newly-appointed Blues boss met the 21-year-old at the club's training ground on Wednesday afternoon in an attempt to clarify his future. There would also be a transfer fee involved, with the youngster's contract clause believed to be worth £275,000.

French press are linking Fulham and Seville with former Middlesborough midfielder, Didier Digard.

The 26 year old, 6ft defensive midfielder only made 32 appearances for Boro before going to Nice on loan and then joining on a permanent transfer. Digards contract only has 1 year left before he's available on a free so his fee shouldn't be too high. With so many of Fulham's midfielders running out of contract in the summer, expect this to be one of many links for players across the centre.

Bryan Ruiz has been linked to a £4.3m move to Porto, Sporting Lisbon or Benfica despite having his contract extended by Fulham

It is believed that the Cottagers will be seeking a transfer fee of anything in excess of £5million pounds for the 29-year-old, who still has a lot to give in the professional game as a creative midfielder eager to cement his ability in one of Europe's top leagues again. His new contract means he is contracted with Fulham until June of 2016, and although it was reported he was set to leave the club last summer to La Liga outfit Levante, the loan-to-buy move fell through.

Lasse Vigen Christensen has shut down Aston Villa rumours by commenting on his long term commitment to the Whites.

Speaking to West London Sport, 20-year-old Christensen has admitted that his future lies with Fulham, despite interest in him from Villa this season. "It would have been stupid for me to go in January. I'd only just got in the team and I still have lots to learn and do. I heard a bit from the lads [about the Villa rumours] but there was no way I was going to leave in January. "I've been at this club for a fairly long time and when you're connected to a club you want to see them do well. I want to see Fulham back in the Premier League. That's all I'm thinking about."

Fulham and Nottingham Forest will battle it out to sign Bolton defender Matt Mills

Get West London is reporting that Bolton Wanderers and Instagram's own Matt Mills has been discussing a free transfer move to either Nottingham Forest or Fulham. Mills, who joined the Super Whites for £2m in 2012, is believed to be on the brink of cutting ties with the club in the hope of improving his reported £18,000 a week salary. He almost joined the London side on loan after Christmas, but such was his initial form under Neil Lennon that the ex-Celtic boss was reluctant to let him go. Mills' dreadful form in the last three months however has seemingly softened the manager's position on the player.

http://cottagersconfidential.sbnation.com/2015/5/17/8613979/rumour-round-up-the-latest-fulham-transfer-gossip

cmg

Quote from: Friendsoffulham on May 17, 2015, 05:37:26 PM

The Sun are reporting that Fulham are readying a £7 million bid for Birmingham youngster Demarai Gray - the 3rd source to report this rumour

Fulham are believed to have bid a second time for Brighton defender Lewis Dunk. Fee is believed to be £750k.

Fulham, Charlton Athletic and Brentford are interested in taking former MK Dons star Dele Alli on loan next season, reports MK Web.

Emmanuel Emenike has rejected the chance to play his football in Qatar next season and has been linked with Fulham.

Portsmouth star, Jed Wallace is a transfer target for Fulham & Wolves this summer.

French press are linking Fulham and Seville with former Middlesborough midfielder, Didier Digard.

Lasse Vigen Christensen has shut down Aston Villa rumours by commenting on his long term commitment to the Whites.

Fulham and Nottingham Forest will battle it out to sign Bolton defender Matt Mills

http://cottagersconfidential.sbnation.com/2015/5/17/8613979/rumour-round-up-the-latest-fulham-transfer-gossip

Blimey and that's just the first week. They'd better get a shift on with that Riverside expansion.

phil_magnus

http://www.vivaelfulham.co.uk/general/weekly-rumour-roundup-1-1-602.html

No sooner has Fulham's season ended and a flurry of transfer rumours have emerged. It certainly appears that the club is being proactive if the following newspaper reports and rumours have any substance too them.

The Sun linked Fulham with a �7 million pound move for 18 year old Demarai Gray of Birmingham. You could be forgiven for thinking that that would be an odd deal - why would Fulham spend that much on an 18 year old? This is purely conjecture on my part, a rumour about a rumour if you will, but there is an eerie quietness regarding a new contract for Patrick Roberts. Both Gray and Roberts are in the final year of each of their contracts, so maybe Fulham will be cashing in on Roberts and cashing out with Gray?

Sky Sports News ran with the story that Fulham had bid for Lewis Dunk of Brighton. A 23 year old defender who just signed a new 4 year contract with Brighton last season, it certainly will be difficult to prise him away. Dunk played 38 times for Brighton this season scoring 5 goals in the process. If Fulham do sign him, expect The Sun or the like to run with the lazy headline, 'A Fulham slam Dunk.' I have given you fair warning.

The future of Kit Symons has been discussed to death but it looks like he will be staying as manager. Several newspaper outlets have run with the story that Symons will be staying on as Fulham manager following a meeting with Khan and Mike Rigg. It seems like Mike Rigg does not want to rock the boat too much especially after his QPR debacle. However the club have appointed him to make these big decisions no matter how hard they might be.

Indicative of the clubs lack of faith in Symons as manager is the rumours that Fulham are seeking to bring experienced heads to help him. It doesn't say much for a manager, especially of a big Championship club, if he has to have his hand held. The People run with a story saying that Terry Burton, currently technical director at West Brom, is to move to Fulham in a similar capacity. What he'll be technically directing at Fulham is unclear as is how his potential new role will differ from Mike Rigg's. Alan Curbishley is reportedly going to be kept on as Symon's assistant or advisor.

Adam Bogdan and Matt Mills have been linked with Fulham on free transfers as both of their contracts come to an end with Bolton.

18 year old Nigerian striker, Kelechi Iheanacho, was linked to Fulham last night on Twitter by a user called 'Scouts in Attendance.' The user claimed 4 Fulham scouts had been in attendance watching the striker.

Kicker.de say that Fulham have not taken up the option to sign Kostas Stafylidis and that he will return to Leverkusen.

The club took up their option to extend Bryan Ruiz contract much to the players chagrin. On the back of a decent world cup last year no club was willing to match Fulham's  �4 million asking price. After a good season in the Championship, it could be the same story for Ruiz and he might have to stay.

Hugo Rodallega's contract expires at the end of the season and there has been little talk in recent weeks of a renewal.

Maarten Stekelenburg  is reportedly returning to Fulham after Monaco chose not to extend his deal. Southampton have been linked with a move for the keeper.

Wicked whisper from a Fulham messageboard....Hew Jennings was surprised at being turned down for the role that Rigg now has. Credible or just wicked? You decide.

cmg

Two years ago, at about the time we were celebrating the capture of Stekelenburg, the rumour emerged that we were to sign Radja Nainggolan then with Cagliari for £10m (one or two thought this excessive). Of course nothing came of it.

Just watched him in action for Roma (I think he cost them £14m). What a monster of a player. Exactly the kind of CM we have lacked for so long now. Even one half as good would be handy now. Probably worth £25m now.

cmg

Quote from: phil_magnus on May 17, 2015, 08:07:39 PM

18 year old Nigerian striker, Kelechi Iheanacho, was linked to Fulham last night on Twitter by a user called 'Scouts in Attendance.' The user claimed 4 Fulham scouts had been in attendance watching the striker.

Isn't he one of Manchester City's hottest young prospects?
Currently in NZ with Nigeria u20 WC squad.
I suppose a Fofana-style loan is possible - although MC have said he won't be loaned out and may go straight into the 1st team squad next season (I'll believe that when I see it).

Craven Mad

Quote from: Friendsoffulham on May 17, 2015, 05:37:26 PM

The 18-year-old burst onto the scene for Birmingham City this year, playing in 35 games, a tremendous achievement at such a young age. He has recently been called up to train with the England under-21s but has also been linked with a £5-7million deal to the Cottagers. Gray has a year left on his contract and has attracted significant interest from the Premier League new-boys, Bournemouth, who have had three bids rejected already whilst Liverpool and PSV Eindhoven are also, reportedly, in the reckoning.

Sky Sources believe that Fulham had a bid rejected earlier on in the week, but have since upped their offer to £750k. This is still surprising, as the defender is valued above £4m in many eyes. He is just one of many youngsters which Fulham are keeping tabs on. The Rams are also reported to be keen on the 23-year-old centre-back, along with Championship rivals Fulham. Brighton are said to be keen to keep hold of one of their brightest prospects, who signed a four-year contract with his hometown club last summer. Dunk has made more than 100 appearances for the Seagulls, having come through the youth ranks. He played 44 games this season and scored seven goals.

The 19-year-old joined Tottenham Hotspur in a £5 million deal in February but was allowed to spend the rest of the season at stadium MK, where he helped the club win promotion to the Championship on the last day of the League One season. But Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino may be willing to let the midfielder go out on loan for another season to further develop his footballing education. The Argentine will run the rule over Alli once he joins up with the squad for pre-season training. Alli came through the youth ranks at MK Dons and went on to score 24 goals in 88 appearances.

Fenerbahce want to offload Nigerian international Emmanuel Emenike in part exchange. If the name is familiar, this was the same Emenike that demanded to be substituted after being booed by his own fans during their 1-0 home win over rivals Besiktas in March. Emenike, is in his second spell at the club, has only scored four goals in 25 Turkish Super League appearances this season. He joined Fenerbahce in 2011 but was linked to a match-fixing scandal, though later cleared and joined Spartak Moscow before playing a game for the Istanbul club. He then rejoined in 2013 for a reported £10.2 million.

The contract Wallace signed last summer contains a transfer fee release clause, with Fulham, Ipswich and Wolves among those showing interest. The newly-appointed Blues boss met the 21-year-old at the club's training ground on Wednesday afternoon in an attempt to clarify his future. There would also be a transfer fee involved, with the youngster's contract clause believed to be worth £275,000.

The 26 year old, 6ft defensive midfielder only made 32 appearances for Boro before going to Nice on loan and then joining on a permanent transfer. Digards contract only has 1 year left before he's available on a free so his fee shouldn't be too high. With so many of Fulham's midfielders running out of contract in the summer, expect this to be one of many links for players across the centre.

Bryan Ruiz has been linked to a £4.3m move to Porto, Sporting Lisbon or Benfica despite having his contract extended by Fulham

It is believed that the Cottagers will be seeking a transfer fee of anything in excess of £5million pounds for the 29-year-old, who still has a lot to give in the professional game as a creative midfielder eager to cement his ability in one of Europe's top leagues again. His new contract means he is contracted with Fulham until June of 2016, and although it was reported he was set to leave the club last summer to La Liga outfit Levante, the loan-to-buy move fell through.

Speaking to West London Sport, 20-year-old Christensen has admitted that his future lies with Fulham, despite interest in him from Villa this season. "It would have been stupid for me to go in January. I'd only just got in the team and I still have lots to learn and do. I heard a bit from the lads [about the Villa rumours] but there was no way I was going to leave in January. "I've been at this club for a fairly long time and when you're connected to a club you want to see them do well. I want to see Fulham back in the Premier League. That's all I'm thinking about."

Get West London is reporting that Bolton Wanderers and Instagram's own Matt Mills has been discussing a free transfer move to either Nottingham Forest or Fulham. Mills, who joined the Super Whites for £2m in 2012, is believed to be on the brink of cutting ties with the club in the hope of improving his reported £18,000 a week salary. He almost joined the London side on loan after Christmas, but such was his initial form under Neil Lennon that the ex-Celtic boss was reluctant to let him go. Mills' dreadful form in the last three months however has seemingly softened the manager's position on the player.

Some great players there. Would be very happy with practically all that we're linked to in that article.

Westcountry Exile

Quote from: Northern Cottager on May 03, 2015, 01:39:26 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on May 03, 2015, 12:40:55 PM
David Marshall....Joey Barton...Jonjo Shelvey..
According to Talkpoop...

I would take all 3 as long as there's a clause in Bartons contract to leave if he's a pr*ck.

Not a huge amount of point in him turning up if that is the contractual clause as I doubt he could last the morning without falling in to the prck category... might as well save the bus fare
Kit's going to need a bigger boat...

Friendsoffulham

18 May 2015 17:05:44
Wolves and Fulham are close to agreeing a deal that will see Kevin McDonald and Carl Ikeme join Fulham and Ross McCormack move to Molineux. Wolves will also pay £2m to Fulham as well. Expect this deal to go through in early June.

Northern Cottager

Quote from: Friendsoffulham on May 19, 2015, 10:11:43 AM
Wolves and Fulham are close to agreeing a deal that will see Kevin McDonald and Carl Ikeme join Fulham and Ross McCormack move to Molineux. Wolves will also pay £2m to Fulham as well. Expect this deal to go through in early June.

Why on earth would McCormack leave one dump in Leeds, finally get settled in the lovely Fulham area and then move to Wolverhampton! Ha.

Surely we wouldn't sell our only asset to a league competitor.

Craven Mad

Quote from: Northern Cottager on May 19, 2015, 10:16:12 AM

Why on earth would McCormack leave one dump in Leeds, finally get settled in the lovely Fulham area and then move to Wolverhampton! Ha.

Surely we wouldn't sell our only asset to a league competitor.

Agreed. We'd be mad to accept that offer and Ross would be mad to go.

On another note, if we're going to consider letting Ross go to Wolves, Sako or Iorfa would need to be part of that deal; it would be ridiculous to allow a league rival to massively strengthen themselves without taking some of their actual talent in return.

westcliff white

That's from the ever reliable transfer rumours website, was it billy bob who posted it I can't remember
Every day is a Fulham day