Main Menu

The Official 2015 Silly Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 03, 2015, 11:35:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: fulhamben on June 05, 2015, 06:46:56 PM
Quote from: Pie and mash on June 05, 2015, 06:27:19 PM
He's a goalkeeper though, same way Schwarzer was decent into his late 30's
maybe, but he will be on the decline now, and he let in a lot of goals last season and got relegated. if we were to lose betts and stek and end up with forde, i for one wont be impressed. wont be suprised but certainly not happy

And Betts didn't let in a lot did he?

Fulhamerica23

Quote from: fulhamben on June 05, 2015, 07:04:54 PM
Quote from: Fulhamerica23 on June 05, 2015, 06:52:34 PM
maybe, but he will be on the decline now, and he let in a lot of goals last season and got relegated. if we were to lose betts and stek and end up with forde, i for one wont be impressed. wont be suprised but certainly not happy

Second choice goalkeeper on a free. I don't get why people are questioning this and are up in arms about it. He might make an appearance or two if he signs.
you need to back a page, it was suggested he might be a replacement for betts. thats the debate

He said seemed "odd" unless Betts was off. Why is it odd if Betts is staying was my point. I get your point as to not wanting him in as a 1st choice, I think that is a consensus opinion.

ToodlesMcToot

All I've got to say about David Forde signing on with Fulham is that, if I was the club I sure as hell would not let that be my first signing.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Wearethewhites

David Forde will be nothing more than a backup goalkeeper, so don't know why people are up in arms about this. 1) He's definitely an upgrade to Kiraly, he's obviously being released. 2) Has experience of the division to pass on and mentor Bets. 3) Is good coaching material 4). Free. Even if Bets goes (he won't) Forde will still be 2nd choice. How people can talk about Jorenen filling in at No.2 is completely codswallop, he's just recovered from a serious knee injury and needs to go out on loan.   

fulhamben

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on June 05, 2015, 07:07:36 PM

And Betts didn't let in a lot did he?
he did, but betts will get better whilst forde will decline.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Pie and mash

I wasn't suggesting I'd rather Forde to Betts just find it odd Forde would rather sit on the bench here and lose his International place than play weekly at Millwall

fulhamben

Quote from: Pie and mash on June 05, 2015, 08:34:40 PM
I wasn't suggesting I'd rather Forde to Betts just find it odd Forde would rather sit on the bench here and lose his International place than play weekly at Millwall
havent milwall released him though? so thats possibly not an option for him

WestCountryWhite

Thought Forde was excellent against us. A proven goalkeeper who knows how to organise a defence. Sign him up especially if he is on a free

Wearethewhites

Quote from: Pie and mash on June 05, 2015, 08:34:40 PM

Forde is now 35, we may be offering him a type of coaching role as well. Do we actually have a goal keeping coach at present? Don't think we do..

Friendsoffulham

Fulham considering bid for Rotherham star

Fulham are considering a bid for Rotherham's Ben Pringle.

The left midfielder is out of contract at the end of this month and after rejecting a new deal with the Millers, it looks highly likely that he will be at a new club next season.

Various teams have been linked with a move so far and according to Get West London, Fulham are the latest team to weigh-up a bid for Pringle.

Fulham struggled on the left last season and believe Ben Pringle could be the man to fix the problem and bomb up and down the left channel for the Cottagers next term.

Leeds, Bolton, Ipswich and newly-promoted Preston have also been linked with the 26-year old and it appears that there could be a huge battle this summer between these teams to see who can secure a deal for the Englishman first.

http://the72.co.uk/28768/fulham-considering-bid-for-rotherham-star/

St. Andrews White

Pleeaaasssee Ben Pringle. Exactly the type of player we need (McLean would also be perfect) and looked incredible against us last season, although admittedly that isn't saying much :P
The Intertoto might not exist anymore, but that doesn't matter. We'll still win it again.

Wearethewhites

Said before that Pringle would be an absolute coupe for Fulham, and would solve our long term midfield problems. He operates just behind the forwards, but drops back to collect balls and make things happen. Shoots from outside the box and delivers a dangerous dead ball.   

Pie and mash

Friendsoffulham

05 Jun 2015 20:37:23
Pringle has signed for Fulham, will be announced over the weekend. Rejected Ipswich, Bolton & Leeds to join the whites .
BillyBob86

fulhamben

Quote from: Friendsoffulham on June 06, 2015, 12:36:42 AM
05 Jun 2015 20:37:23
Pringle has signed for Fulham, will be announced over the weekend. Rejected Ipswich, Bolton & Leeds to join the whites .
BillyBob86
whos billy bob?

callumc513

Ah, Pringle would be great!

An absolute class above the rest of his team-mates whenever I've seen Rotherham this season.

Snibbo

ChesterTheTabby

Pringle would be brilliant. Hope this turns out be to a worthwhile and true rumor!
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Woolly Mammoth

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.