Started by Friendsoffulham, May 03, 2015, 11:35:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MJG

Quote from: WestCountryWhite on June 10, 2015, 01:32:09 PM
Quote from: MJG on June 10, 2015, 01:22:28 PM
Quote from: WestCountryWhite on June 10, 2015, 01:20:05 PM
Quote from: MJG on June 10, 2015, 01:18:03 PM
Quote from: WestCountryWhite on June 10, 2015, 01:08:52 PM
Sorry but Grimmer has atleast one rash poorly timed challenge in the box every game in his locker. Not sure what people see in him other then he's ours. Jazz on the other hand I thought acquitted himself well.
You would not have said that about Richards if you saw his appalling rash tackles against Watford at their place.

I was there but that was one game. How many pens did Grimmer concede and how many should he have had? I remember Bournemouth away where he conceded one and should have another two if my memory serves me correct
I dont know how many, you tell me as its the stat you have brought up?

I'm not trying to start an argument with you but you are being far to over protective over Grimmer.

We will conceivably be left with one right back someone who can play in this league on either side for 500k is a bargain and will do little to effect the transfer budget that will be utilised elsewhere

Not seeing the down side of
I make no bones about it, I'm a Grimmer fan. But on the other thread I have given my reasons why I dont rate Richards firstly as a player and then as again not balancing the squad out.

Let me take the left back point, at Norwich he just about used his left to stand on, hardly got over our halfway line and in essence right in front of us was a liability.

I would prefer Jack to get the main position, but I'm aware hes still learning. Richards is 4 years older with only 30 odd more games under his belt than Jack.

So my preference would be an older RB who could one do a job clearly and also that Grimmer could watch, learn and compete with. Instead we now have two RB's who lets be honest are only small degrees better or worse than each other.

MJG

Quote from: WestCountryWhite on June 10, 2015, 01:40:08 PM
Haha you wanted me to tell you how many pens but you are busy asking the twittersphere if anyone knows. Does it really matter? I think Grimmer is rash you think Richards is rash. Let's shake hands and move on
Of course I'm asking

WestCountryWhite

Quote from: MJG on June 10, 2015, 01:45:16 PM
Haha you wanted me to tell you how many pens but you are busy asking the twittersphere if anyone knows. Does it really matter? I think Grimmer is rash you think Richards is rash. Let's shake hands and move on
Of course I'm asking

Will be interesting to see I believe it was 3 and Richards 1

Chesh

Quote from: Wimbledon_White on June 09, 2015, 01:41:48 PM
Quote from: Chesh on June 09, 2015, 01:37:30 PM
Quote from: MJG on June 09, 2015, 12:25:53 PM
So anyone who says the bids are low,  if you have bought a house have
You always put in the asking price as the first offer?
Depends how much you want or need that 'house'

We are in desperate need for quality centre backs, as give or take one or two (only) decent games each, Hutchinson, Burn and Bodurov are just not up to it.

More often than not we lose the player by fannying around, and should have a minimum £7-8   million budget for two decent quality centre backs, as they are the foundation of a successful season (as opposed to the collapsible mess we have at the moment)

I can't help but think you are being massively unrealistic for Championship budgets, championship players and indeed for a period of time so early in the window.

No, I'm thinking more of our budget specifically (rather than championship budgets in general), and how I think it is important to spend most of ours on what is (imho) needed most.

If Khan is really serious about getting us back up, we can handle £7-8mill even within the FPP rules, and I just think we should not pussy foot around the issue, regardless of how early in the window.

We could have Mourinho in charge, and we would still struggle with the 3 centre back we currently have. I just can't see them improving sufficiently to give us any sort of backbone.
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

MJG

Quote from: WestCountryWhite on June 10, 2015, 01:49:16 PM
Of course I'm asking

So the other 7 were Stafylidis then

McBride78

Richards for 500K is not bad business for a squad player when we are on a budget.  We need cover at that position, he provides some.  Our squad needs some impact signings this summer, but also needs some economical signings to provide depth.  Seemed like half the team was loanees last year who have departed.  Do we want Richards to start, no.  That said I feel better having him on the cheap as an option while we chase more quality.  Stafy was not great but started a lot of matches last year, he is gone.  Husband gone (for now...would like to have him back)

We seem very active, linked with a lot of players.  I hope, and think, when the dust settles we will all be happy at the end of the window. 

WestCountryWhite

Quote from: MJG on June 10, 2015, 01:51:56 PM
Of course I'm asking

Didn't realise we had given that many away to be honest He must make up for the majority of them now there's a rash player.

MJG

Quote from: WestCountryWhite on June 10, 2015, 02:03:28 PM
Quote from: MJG on June 10, 2015, 01:51:56 PM
Of course I'm asking

Didn't realise we had given that many away to be honest He must make up for the majority of them now there's a rash player.
I'm joking really I dont know how many he gave away

WestCountryWhite

I'm waiting for a train so busy going through the match reports for the stats

WestCountryWhite

I stand corrected after going through the reports I make it:

12 pens conceded:

2 - Hutchinson (away to forest and away to Huddersfield )
2 - Hoogland (home to Doncaster cup and home to Derby cup)
2 - Staf (away to Wigan and away to Brighton )

1 - Burgess (home to Wolves)
1 - Burn (home to Norwich )
1 - Betts (home to Watford)
1 - Grimmer (away to Bournemouth)
1 - Bodurov (home to Sunderland cup)
1 - Richards (away to Huddersfield)

Every chance I missed one

alexbishop

Surely for each position we need the following:

1st Choice
Cover
Apprentice

So the argument here is where do Grimmer/Richards fit into this structure. Is Grimmer still the apprentice or is he now genuine cover? If he is cover, then Richards would be 1st choice which IMO is not good enough. Perhaps Kit still considers Grimmer the apprentice and sees Richards as cover and is still looking to bring in a 1st choice.
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

@jolslover

Richards isn't  amazing, but hes not really bad either. Decent signing considering fee and the fact that he can cover Right/Left back. Dont understand what all the fuss is about. Not many RB's available that we could get for cheaper
STH H3

The Rock

Quote from: alexbishop on June 10, 2015, 03:49:13 PM
Surely for each position we need the following:

1st Choice
Cover
Apprentice

So the argument here is where do Grimmer/Richards fit into this structure. Is Grimmer still the apprentice or is he now genuine cover? If he is cover, then Richards would be 1st choice which IMO is not good enough. Perhaps Kit still considers Grimmer the apprentice and sees Richards as cover and is still looking to bring in a 1st choice.

Cover and Apprentice, and most likely not interested in a 1st choice.

fulhamben

Quote from: @jolslover on June 10, 2015, 04:48:16 PM
Richards isn't  amazing, but hes not really bad either. Decent signing considering fee and the fact that he can cover Right/Left back. Dont understand what all the fuss is about. Not many RB's available that we could get for cheaper
if you have the same manager and players that were shocking from january onwards, then what will you expect to change in the next season. jazz played lots of games for us and we were getting worse not better. decent fee for a defender who was part of the worst defence in the league? cheap option that doesnt make us any better is a more accurate description
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Berserker

Quote from: HamsterWheel on June 10, 2015, 01:36:45 PM
Jazz is a great name though, perhaps that is what Kit sees in him.
I think the lad has potential.
Yes I quite fancy being called Jazz Crilly
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

westcliff white

according to Greame Bailey on twitter (ex sky man) we are launching a bod for Daryl Murphy
Every day is a Fulham day

Wearethewhites

Quote from: westcliff white on June 10, 2015, 09:01:23 PM
according to Greame Bailey on twitter (ex sky man) we are launching a bod for Daryl Murphy

Scored 21 goals for Ipswich last season but is now 32? May not replicate that again, plus we have Matt Smith.

FPT

Daryl Murphy would be a good signing for us, and it's not the first time he's been linked with a Fulham move this summer. He's a big, strong striker with a lot of tenacity and bravery. Murphy can score with both his right and his strongest left foot and can beat many centre backs in the air. He's clearly at the peak of his career and would be a good foil for Ross McCormack up top, the argument that he may not replicate his season is a fair one, but I don't think Matt Smith is the striker we want starting on a weekly basis, he's great for the last 15 minutes to grab some last minute points - I'd like Fulham to focus on better football than the desperation stuff at the squeaky part at the end of the season.

Daryl Murphy is the kind of player that the management would look to sign, last year saw 13/14's top scorer and PFA Championship Team of the Season member join, so it's not bizarre for us to add 13/14's PFA League One Team of the Season member (Ben Pringle) and 14/15's PFA Championship Team of the Season and top scorer (Murphy) arrive at Fulham. Lets see what happens, because again, this isn't the first link.

McBride78

We just extend Cauley.  So for me the question comes down to is he (Murphy) better than Hugo, is he an upgrade.  I feel that he is and at his age we would get him at a better price than some of the other options out there.  I think it would be a good signing...giving us McCormack, Murphy, Smith, Woodrow, Dembele up front.  Thats not too shabby in my opinion. 

Bronaldinho

The best piece of business we can do this window is to give new deals to:

Bettinelli, Burn, Roberts, Dembele, Hydnman.

That's the future spine of the club and that could leave for free next summer.

Scary.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com