watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official 2015 Silly Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 03, 2015, 11:35:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrexFFC

I just hardly see the risk of signing him up for just a seasonal contract.  Unless his wages are ridiculously high then I don't see a problem with a signing like that.

McBride78

more options the better.  McDonald, Ohara, Hyndman, LVC, Cairney, Sidwell, less reliant on aging Parker
Is better in my opinion than a midfiled without Ohara, McDonald and Sidwell where Parker is going to have to carry a load that his body can not handle. 
Also would be fine with Tunni getting shipped out. 

In the Enclosure

I watched Sidwell at a training day under Jol at the Cottage the season we went down. He appeared to be head and shoulders above everyone else in training for shots , tackles, speed and enthusiasm. OK a training session but at least the bloke appeared to care about Fulham - would be much better than Parker.

FPT

Jamie O'Hara would be a fantastic pick up on a free, his Blackpool form suggested to me that he now has somewhat of a chip on his shoulder to salvage his career. He's now away from Danielle Lloyd, and if we can get him fully fit and focused, we've picked up a Premier League quality central midfielder on a free transfer who offers us immense ball qualities and offensive central midfield depth. I don't think Jamie O'Hara joining would affect any deal for Kevin McDonald as he's more of a recognised holding player, whereas O'Hara is best suited just ahead, back up and challenging with Christensen and Cairney - where one of those go down, we're back to Ryan Tunnicliffe.

I do not want to see Steve Sidwell in a Fulham shirt again. That's all say on the matter, my stresses were all put down the year we were relegated.

McBride78

I also like the O'Hara signing as it does not weaken us at midfield, and as FPT has made the case for it has a large upside.  The financial impact is that he is on a free.  If we strengthen the midfiled without taking from funds that can be spent on the defense....big win in my opinion. 

ffc73

This is now the Silly season thread.  I would not want Sidwell back for reasons already mentioned here.  Ideally I would like to see Parker moved on too but that is not going to happen. 

How many mid-fielders do we think we need in any event?

I would prefer to see us linked with defenders and I am not meaning Brede and Aaron Hughes

FPT

Defensive midfield: Kevin McDonald, Scott Parker
Central midfield: Tom Cairney, Lasse Vigen Christensen, Jamie O'Hara, Ryan Tunnicliffe.

I think that's an ideal central midfield group, every player offers something different to each role. That midfield has depth, and barring LVC has Championship depth but we know what Christensen can do for us. That group of players gives us an option to be flexible with formation too, allowing us to change for games and occasions.

For Emerson Hyndman to dip in between the first team and the under 21s is just fine for me. He's only 19, he can be involved in the cups and fill in when there's suspensions/injuries. There's no rush, especially whilst we're building for promotion, he'll learn on the training ground.

Nick Bateman

Anyone who doesn't rate the Sidwell who played for us in our last season in the PL doesn't know their footie, as I do.  Or perhaps they were still queueing in the bar for a Balti Pie?!

Whatever the folly, Sidwell is a class above anything we have now in midfield and that includes Parker, who rarely ever looked as competent and determined as El Sid.  At 32, one can hardly say he is too old and he would soon prove to be the best midfielder in the Championship if we had the wisdom to admit we (Ali Mack) made a mistake in letting him go.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Texas White

Quote from: Craven Mad on June 29, 2015, 05:26:34 PM
Quote from: Wearethewhites on June 29, 2015, 05:11:47 PM
Quote from: MJG on June 29, 2015, 05:07:12 PM
Because for every goal it's negated by the fouls he gives away on the edge of our own box, and his passing is not good enough. Also now over a year older than when he left with hardly a game behind him.

To be honest though MJG, this is the Championship now, so his level of footballing ability will most likely suit the division. At 32, he's still relatively young, scores goals, has leadership qulaities, and will stick a foot in where we most desperately need it. I'm never one for going back, but this isn't as bad as you make out. 

If true..

Agree with this.

We learnt last year that half of the challenges that'd be reds in the prem aren't even fouls in the Championship.

I'd rather Sid than Scott as our DM next season. But, in truth, there are many players I think we could get who I'd prefer to either of them..

Could be replacement for Parker.....

fulhamben

Quote from: Nick Bateman on June 29, 2015, 06:21:53 PM
Anyone who doesn't rate the Sidwell who played for us in our last season in the PL doesn't know their footie, as I do.  Or perhaps they were still queueing in the bar for a Balti Pie?!

Whatever the folly, Sidwell is a class above anything we have now in midfield and that includes Parker, who rarely ever looked as competent and determined as El Sid.  At 32, one can hardly say he is too old and he would soon prove to be the best midfielder in the Championship if we had the wisdom to admit we (Ali Mack) made a mistake in letting him go.
i dont know my football then. because time and time again i watched a fulham team get battered and dominated in the middle. i must have imagined ruiz and berbatov dropping deep all the time because neither sidwell or parker could get the ball out of our back third. ive said it a million times. sidwell is a one touch player. give him any more touches than that and he is shocking. now he did pop up with the odd goal, and good tackle every now and then, but over the season it proved to be not good enough. and dont get me wrong, i like sidwell, but im not going to pretend he is better than what he was.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Jonnoj

Quote from: FPT on June 29, 2015, 06:11:49 PM
Central midfield: Tom Cairney, Lasse Vigen Christensen, Jamie O'Hara, Ryan
I think that's an ideal central midfield group, every player offers something different to each role. That midfield has depth, and barring LVC has Championship depth but we know what Christensen can do for us. That group of players gives us an option to be flexible with formation too, allowing us to change for games and occasions.

For Emerson Hyndman to dip in between the first team and the under 21s is just fine for me. He's only 19, he can be involved in the cups and fill in when there's suspensions/injuries. There's no rush, especially whilst we're building for promotion, he'll learn on the training ground.

I think Pringle might get a game ahead of Tunnicliffe

FPT

Quote from: Jonnoj on June 29, 2015, 09:26:18 PM

In central midfield? I think we're moving towards a 433 to Ben Pringle would be wide left. If we were to stick with the diamond (of which I don't expect) then yeah, Pringle would be higher on the depth chart than Ryan Tunnicliffe, especially in that inside left role.

Wearethewhites

Think??? There's no need to think, he will definitely get a game ahead on Tunnicliffe.

Northern Cottager

Quote from: Wearethewhites on June 29, 2015, 10:51:41 PM

Think??? There's no need to think, he will definitely get a game ahead on Tunnicliffe.

Was really glad to see us recall Tunnicliffe but he seemed to lose his Blackburn form when he returned.

MJG

Quote from: Northern Cottager on June 30, 2015, 09:50:50 AM

Was really glad to see us recall Tunnicliffe but he seemed to lose his Blackburn form when he returned.
His best game by a mile was Sunderland away when he played the holding role really well.
If only he could replicate that week in week out he would be a really good player.

Jonaldiniho 88

Quote from: MJG on June 30, 2015, 09:59:46 AM

His best game by a mile was Sunderland away when he played the holding role really well.
If only he could replicate that week in week out he would be a really good player.

I think he has great potential in that position. Win it and play the easy ball etuhu style. Takes discipline but I think he has it in him.

MJG

Quote from: Jonaldiniho 88 on June 30, 2015, 10:02:50 AM

I think he has great potential in that position. Win it and play the easy ball etuhu style. Takes discipline but I think he has it in him.
Totally agree, maybe a run of games just in that position would help him. Keep it simple is best for him.

FulhamStu

Quote from: MJG on June 30, 2015, 10:04:35 AM
Quote from: Jonaldiniho 88 on June 30, 2015, 10:02:50 AM

Totally agree, maybe a run of games just in that position would help him. Keep it simple is best for him.
These are the relatively simple decisions Kit has to ket right this season. I totally agree if Tunnicliffe has a future at Fulham it has to be DFM.  He is not gong to compete with LVC / Cairney / Pringle / Roberts / Williams, even potentially Eisfeld for attacking MF.  Hyndman will be interesting.  Is he DMF or more forward, or utility.  Another player we need to look after for the long term, including getting him on a new contract.   Kacka I am not so sure about, I just don't think he is hungry enough.  Larnal Cole on the other hand is a player I want to see make progress this season.

westcliff white

DM is where he is suited it is where SAF was going to play him, said he would be their next Roy Keane, shame the didnt have the next Paul Scholes to compliment him lol
Every day is a Fulham day

FFC1987

Someone's posted the old Rhodes to fulham post again this window.....