more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official 2015 Silly Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 03, 2015, 11:35:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexbishop

Quote from: Southdowns White on July 03, 2015, 06:49:00 AM
Some of my Brighton supporting friends say he is good but always makes an obvious mistake in every game. 4  million will get him + add ons, Brighton want the money.

Might as well get Senderos back in the fold then
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

MJG

Quote from: Southdowns White on July 03, 2015, 06:49:00 AM
Some of my Brighton supporting friends say he is good but always makes an obvious mistake in every game. 4  million will get him + add ons, Brighton want the money.
Which tbh pretty much sums up championship defenders anyway. The question is does he make less mistakes than the current ones we have?

FFC1987

So Brighton fans are deluded because they value a key player highly and don't want to sell unless given good money for him.....What drivvle. Disrespectful to Brighton fans too.

f321ffc

Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on July 03, 2015, 12:06:41 AM
If we do sign Dunk, I pray that the club don't use the phrase 'Slam Dunk' as the headline of the match report if ever he scores the winner
If we did sign him and the club used that phrase after he had scored the winner , I would be more than happy to see it used every week. COYW
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Friendsoffulham

Fulham are considering a move for the Aston Villa full-back Joe Bennett, according to the Daily Mirror.

The 25 year-old's long-term future at Villa Park is up in the air as Villa boss Tim Sherwood mulls over entering the market for a left back as part of his summer squad rebuilding. Bennett, who joined Villa in a £3m deal from Middlesbrough in August 2012, spent last season on loan at Brighton and Hove Albion, where he made 41 first-team appearances, scoring one goal. He only has a year to run on his current contract with Villa.

The Rochdale born full-back, noted for his dribbling ability and attacking instincts, came through the ranks at Middlesbrough as a trainee and played 92 first-team games at the Riverside Stadium before moving to Villa. Kit Symons is looking for a new left-back to challenge academy graduate Sean Kavanagh for a senior place after Kostas Stafylidis returned to Bayer Leverkusen following the conclusion of his loan spell at Craven Cottage.

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2015/07/fulham-linked-with-move-for-bennett/

Craven Mad

No news, but I was just over on one of Wolves' most popular forums: Molineux Mix. They're all getting a tad shirty about the potential of us nicking Stearman and McDonald off them, which has made for an interesting read. Here's what they had to say about us in their silly season thread:

"Fulham bid £3 million for Lewis Dunk. Rivals in our league are spending big, this summer."

"I rate both Cairney and Dunk and think that Fulham could be a dark horse next season."

"We will see with Fulham, but at least they are putting out a very powerful message that they are pushing for promotion."

"Meanwhile Wolves continue to dither and give out a very weak signal indeed. If Coady is the summit of our ambitions God help us."

"Selling McDonald would be madness"

"The reported 'offers' for Stearman and McDonald are laughable. Why are they willing to spend £3.5m on Cairney and £3m on Dunk and rate our players so low? In any case perhaps just as well as even Wolves would not sell their best players for such derisory figures. No doubt the fact they have only 1 year left on their current deals is a factor."

"In addition to the contract lengths, I think a lot of it is also to do with their respective ages. If Fulham, for example, were to offer Stearman or McDonald a 4-year deal, I couldn't imagine them having any significant resale value at the end of those deals. In contrast, Cairney and Dunk would be around 26/27."

There's also a thread about their "likely starting 11 for next season", in which Stearman and McDonald are universally selected by all.. Looks like it'd be good business if we could get one or both of them.

Craven Mad

No way of verifying this, but I've also just stumbled across this on Brighton's biggest forum:

"Ok, I've been debating since yesterday morning whether to post this here, but my work collegue was off this weekend and down in London out with his mates from down south.

At lunch time that day he says "oh! Viper, I met a brighton WAG this weekend", she was his best friends girlfriends friend (lol) so obviously I'm intrigued and ask him who it was, he said he didn't know, only that he was young, had just had a kid and was leaving in the summer, and we'll try and work it out from there if we can get an out of contract list. I went through all of our out of contract players and none of them were the kiddy, we went on his Facebook and found the WAG in question and it's Dunks Mrs.

He has absolutely no reason to lie, and we spent 10 minutes going through out of contract players seeing if it matched up, we then confirmed it was defo Lewis' by Facebook and thus, we MAYBE stumbled onto some transfer gossip. If his WAG is already telling her friends they're moving, it seems like Lewis wants out.

Don't shoot the messenger, and I've never posted a rumour before in my life (feel free to check), but it's just something I thought I'd share with the class.

Edit: Dunky and gf are on holiday, so I assume my mate actually meant he found out that his best mates bird was mates with a Brighton WAG, which would explain the lack of info he was able to get, you'd think if she was there he'd have just asked outright, so yea, sorry for the confusion. I'm not trying to stir any pot or get battered with abuse, it's just what a lad with no interest in Brighton has heard/told me."

Interesting - particularly as it was in London - but obviously just hearsay.

Yes, I am bored enough to go trawling through other teams' forums - apologies if you're not interested!

Lighthouse

Derby have signed Tom Ince from Hull for 4.75 million.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Craven Mad

Derby are amassing a strong team. Surely favourites for promotion with the business they're doing.

Front 3 of Ince/Martin/Weimann will terrify most defences in this league, and with Bent signed too (who was actually very effective on loan for them), they're gonna be tough to beat..

ToodlesMcToot

Well, hopefully we can get McDonald in soon so I can look forward to MJG's "closer than you think" posts about incoming defenders.

I think the theme for this summer has been and is, "If your name isn't Ross, your starting place is under threat. Time to man up and fight for your minutes."
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Craven Mad

It could still happen!  079.gif

Just need to dig out the phone numbers for Kilbane, Koumas and David Bentley and we'll be ready for the new season!

Rhys Lightning 63

Am I the only one that thinks it's all gone a bit quiet on the Roberts to Man City front?
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

mike_corkcity12

Hammyend have jumped the gun on the Ruiz deal. They use a dated article. Here is today's website with no mention of Ruiz http://www.abola.pt/clubes/index.aspx?id=147&t=4

JackyFulham90

What about Scott Malone the left back from Cardiff?

Friendsoffulham

@MarcIles: Told absolutely no chance of Kevin Nolan coming back to #bwfc - but did hear this morning that Fulham and QPR were interested.

fulhamben

Quote from: Friendsoffulham on July 04, 2015, 12:23:57 AM
@MarcIles: Told absolutely no chance of Kevin Nolan coming back to #bwfc - but did hear this morning that Fulham and QPR were interested.
id be suprised if we were. am is hardly the position we need to be looking at
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Sgt Fulham

Please no! I detest him and not someone I want associated with our club.

Craven Mad

Don't really want him and don't think we need him, but - knowing how well he played with Andy Carrol - he could be an effective pairing with Smith...

Can't see it happening though, Kit has highlighted the importance of Championship experience as is targetting players who were statistically very good in our league last year. Nolan would be a gamble, and an expensive and old one at that...

Nero

If Nolan signs it tells me big Sam will be our next manager

Arthur

Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on July 03, 2015, 05:42:17 PM
Am I the only one that thinks it's all gone a bit quiet on the Roberts to Man City front?

Until there is a bona fide 'Roberts is close to signing a new deal at Fulham' rumour, I am anticipating bad news.

The prospect of him staying, however, would most certainly make my day. And if it were Rigg's doing, it would confirm just how good he is at his job.