https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official 2015 Silly Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 03, 2015, 11:35:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamben

Quote from: cmg on July 10, 2015, 09:11:01 AM
Quote from: FPT on July 10, 2015, 12:47:17 AM
The Eric Botteghin rumours are interesting for, defenders from Holland are few and far between in terms of real defensive quality. Some recent centre backs have done really when from the Eredivise such as Jan Vertonghen, Toby Alderweireld and Virgil van Dijk - it's certainly a different mould also to those we've been linked with, he has no Championship background and is nearly 28, but he matches the profile (seemingly in statistics and style). How his statistics translate to the Championship, you only really know once you do it.

Yes. I'm a bit suspicious of CBs from the Eredivisie for the same reason as I am now suspicious of 24-goal forwards from the same source.
chelseas kezman fits into that bracket too. he destroyed the dutch leagues, and i cant recall him scoring once for chelsea. think we were linked before he went to them too.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

MJG

Quote from: cmg on July 10, 2015, 09:11:01 AM
Quote from: FPT on July 10, 2015, 12:47:17 AM
The Eric Botteghin rumours are interesting for, defenders from Holland are few and far between in terms of real defensive quality. Some recent centre backs have done really when from the Eredivise such as Jan Vertonghen, Toby Alderweireld and Virgil van Dijk - it's certainly a different mould also to those we've been linked with, he has no Championship background and is nearly 28, but he matches the profile (seemingly in statistics and style). How his statistics translate to the Championship, you only really know once you do it.

Yes. I'm a bit suspicious of CBs from the Eredivisie for the same reason as I am now suspicious of 24-goal forwards from the same source.
I think the ratio should be for every goal scored in England,  it's six they would score in holland.

Ordar

Can we please put the arguing to the side and keep this thread about transfer rumours please?

FortCollinsFulham

Quote from: fulhamben on July 09, 2015, 10:57:31 PM
Quote from: westcliff white on July 09, 2015, 10:54:33 PM
Groningen us a Dutch club
they qualified for europe too, so would be a massive step down for him, although we could probably match or better his wages

Yeah, a 'massive step down' to leave UEFA's 188th ranked club in the mighty FC Groningen to join the feeble, pathetic likes of 93rd ranked Fulham.
'Cause I'm already gone, if you bet on me you've won.

Up you Whites

westcliff white

if we need to strengthen the right back area, Chris Solley is s decent player, although not sure he would be available.
Every day is a Fulham day

Friendsoffulham

Besitkas in discussions with Fulham over sale of Amorebieta

It appears that Besitkas scouts have set up base in South West London of late. Last week they were linked heavily with a move for Kostas Mitroglou and yesterday the Times linked them with a move for Chelsea striker Loic Remy. Now today reports from Turkey are advising that they're negotiating with Fulham over the sale of Venezuelan defender, Fernanado Amorebieta.

The report states that Besktkas president, Rebecca Wood has been in discussions with Fulham over a fee and was quoted a sum of EU 5 million for the defender. That does seem very high for a 30 year old Championship defender and not surprisingly, they've asked for a discount. I'm sure Fulham would be willing to negotiate, especially to remove his salary from the books and it looks like negotiations are ongoing,

The 30 year old defender only played 30 times in his 2 years at Fulham and a move to Turkey could suit all parties.

BedsFFC

Quote from: Friendsoffulham on July 10, 2015, 11:14:26 AM
Besitkas in discussions with Fulham over sale of Amorebieta

It appears that Besitkas scouts have set up base in South West London of late. Last week they were linked heavily with a move for Kostas Mitroglou and yesterday the Times linked them with a move for Chelsea striker Loic Remy. Now today reports from Turkey are advising that they're negotiating with Fulham over the sale of Venezuelan defender, Fernanado Amorebieta.

The report states that Besktkas president, Rebecca Wood has been in discussions with Fulham over a fee and was quoted a sum of EU 5 million for the defender. That does seem very high for a 30 year old Championship defender and not surprisingly, they've asked for a discount. I'm sure Fulham would be willing to negotiate, especially to remove his salary from the books and it looks like negotiations are ongoing,

The 30 year old defender only played 30 times in his 2 years at Fulham and a move to Turkey could suit all parties.

Rebecca Wood? Beckie?

St. Andrews White

The Intertoto might not exist anymore, but that doesn't matter. We'll still win it again.

FPT

Imagine if actually received £5.5m for Bryan Ruiz and Fernando Amorebieta! The best I would have hoped for is around the £2m mark. I think Besiktas will try to haggle us if the story is true, but it would be an amazing window if that was the actual finalised figure should a move go through.

cmg

Rather oddly GoogleTranslate renders Fikret Orman (the Besiktas president) as Rebecca Wood, I'm sure some linguist can explain why.

TWFL

Quote from: cmg on July 10, 2015, 02:33:59 PM

Rather oddly GoogleTranslate renders Fikret Orman (the Besiktas president) as Rebecca Wood, I'm sure some linguist can explain why.
Well, "Orman" translates into forest or woodland so that's understandable. Can't find a translation for "Fikret", believe it's just a first name, would be strange if the English equivalent was Rebecca..

DevonFFC

Let's go after husband again for left after friend has said he is staying boro

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Twig

Quote from: fulhamben on July 10, 2015, 08:36:19 AM
Quote from: Twig on July 10, 2015, 06:39:08 AM
Quote from: fulhamben on July 09, 2015, 09:20:35 PM
Quote from: YankeeJim on July 09, 2015, 09:14:19 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on July 09, 2015, 08:19:28 AM
Quote from: YankeeJim on July 09, 2015, 06:04:33 AM
Quote from: Twig on July 09, 2015, 05:56:54 AM
Quote from: fulhamben on July 08, 2015, 10:11:35 AM
Quote from: FulhamStu on July 08, 2015, 10:09:30 AM
Just our of interest, Dunk does seem similar to Burn.  Why is Dunk so much better than Burn ?
because he hasnt had his defensive ability coached out of him by kit ;)

How sad you are.

:plus one: I was beginning to think I was the only one that saw Ben as he is.
which is?

Consistently finding fault with all things Fulham.
not all things, just the poor bits.

Which in your case is everything.

I do not believe in blind optimism or completely unconditional support but I do happen to think that supporters should get behind their team, the clue is in the word.
I really wonder whether you are a perpetual troll?  I recall in a recent discussion of a potential signing of a defender you said that he would be OK until "Kit coached his ability out of him" or words to that effect.  It is that sort of bile,  cynicism and hatred of a decent man that leads me to suggest you push off and take your "support" elsewhere.  If you think your comments are witty or clever then let me tell you they are not.
And before anyone accuses me of getting personal, I am only following Ben who has taken personal criticism of our manager to new heights.
wow, you have a great memory recalling something that happened only yesterday. shame you didnt see the wink in the post suggesting it was a joke. and telling people to support another club just shows what kind of a dick you are. and i have stated many times that i dont hate kit, its just i hate that he has been giving another chance as our manager, much the same as when the majority got on ruiz back. and the club has given us two of the worst seasons in decades so yes i will critisize it, but dont confuse that for lack of support when it matters. now jog on twiggy

Reduced to calling me a dick.  How eloquent.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Twig on July 10, 2015, 06:56:12 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on July 10, 2015, 08:36:19 AM
Quote from: Twig on July 10, 2015, 06:39:08 AM
Quote from: fulhamben on July 09, 2015, 09:20:35 PM
Quote from: YankeeJim on July 09, 2015, 09:14:19 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on July 09, 2015, 08:19:28 AM
Quote from: YankeeJim on July 09, 2015, 06:04:33 AM
Quote from: Twig on July 09, 2015, 05:56:54 AM
Quote from: fulhamben on July 08, 2015, 10:11:35 AM
Quote from: FulhamStu on July 08, 2015, 10:09:30 AM
Just our of interest, Dunk does seem similar to Burn.  Why is Dunk so much better than Burn ?
because he hasnt had his defensive ability coached out of him by kit ;)

How sad you are.

:plus one: I was beginning to think I was the only one that saw Ben as he is.
which is?

Consistently finding fault with all things Fulham.
not all things, just the poor bits.

Which in your case is everything.

I do not believe in blind optimism or completely unconditional support but I do happen to think that supporters should get behind their team, the clue is in the word.
I really wonder whether you are a perpetual troll?  I recall in a recent discussion of a potential signing of a defender you said that he would be OK until "Kit coached his ability out of him" or words to that effect.  It is that sort of bile,  cynicism and hatred of a decent man that leads me to suggest you push off and take your "support" elsewhere.  If you think your comments are witty or clever then let me tell you they are not.
And before anyone accuses me of getting personal, I am only following Ben who has taken personal criticism of our manager to new heights.
wow, you have a great memory recalling something that happened only yesterday. shame you didnt see the wink in the post suggesting it was a joke. and telling people to support another club just shows what kind of a dick you are. and i have stated many times that i dont hate kit, its just i hate that he has been giving another chance as our manager, much the same as when the majority got on ruiz back. and the club has given us two of the worst seasons in decades so yes i will critisize it, but dont confuse that for lack of support when it matters. now jog on twiggy

Reduced to calling me a dick.  How eloquent.

Can we stop this please. My kids don't bicker as much as this and what, over Kit Symons?

I am not saying kiss and make up, you are both grown men but at least spare the rest of us the handbags on what should be a thread about transfers/ rumours.

Or I will fine Ben two weeks wages and Block Twig from being allowed in the footie team. Now if that's not an incentive to play nice then I don't know what is......
Any updates on McDonald? It would be a shame to miss out on him.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Sgt Fulham

All gone a bit quiet on the McDonald front it seems. Still plenty of time to get him in though.

FPT

Kevin McDonald is in France with Wolves, funnily playing in a diamond from what I've seen - two sets of 45 minutes meaning he should be nice and fit for Crawley away  :005:

spikey norman

Portuguese newspaper A Bola reporting that Sporting Lisbon interested in signing Mitroglou after failing to land Ricky van Wolfswinkel from Norwich.
Sporting want to tie up the loan  deal by tomorrow which is around £720,000 with a purchase  option

Friendsoffulham

SWFC Transfers ‏@S6Transfers  42m42 minutes ago
BREAKING: #swfc have recently received a bid of £4m for defender Tom Lees from #ffc.
7 retweets 5 favorites
Reply  Retweet7  Favorite5 Follow
More

TWFL

Quote from: Friendsoffulham on July 12, 2015, 01:18:57 PM
BREAKING: #swfc have recently received a bid of £4m for defender Tom Lees from #ffc.
7 retweets 5 favorites
More

That's a big sum of money for a Championship team to offer. No doubt clauses in there but still, Wednesday would be silly to refuse

fulhamben

Quote from: TWFL on July 12, 2015, 01:31:55 PM
Quote from: Friendsoffulham on July 12, 2015, 01:18:57 PM
7 retweets 5 favorites
More

That's a big sum of money for a Championship team to offer. No doubt clauses in there but still, Wednesday would be silly to refuse
depends on whether they want to challange for top 6 though. if they do then i doubt 4 mil is any good to them as every team seems to want to hold onto there best players.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.