watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official 2015 Silly Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 03, 2015, 11:35:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

f321ffc

Seem to remember hearing that Sheffield W had been taken over buy some rich foreigner and were splashing the dosh and looking for promotion , if that's the case I can't see this happening. 049:gif
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: fulhamben on July 12, 2015, 01:49:54 PM
Quote from: TWFL on July 12, 2015, 01:31:55 PM
Quote from: Friendsoffulham on July 12, 2015, 01:18:57 PM
SWFC Transfers ‏@S6Transfers  42m42 minutes ago
BREAKING: #swfc have recently received a bid of £4m for defender Tom Lees from #ffc.
7 retweets 5 favorites
Reply  Retweet7  Favorite5 Follow
More

That's a big sum of money for a Championship team to offer. No doubt clauses in there but still, Wednesday would be silly to refuse
depends on whether they want to challange for top 6 though. if they do then i doubt 4 mil is any good to them as every team seems to want to hold onto there best players.

Wednesday fans saying no bid recieved and its all b@*%*s.
Dunk, Tarkowski now Lees. Personally think a good centre half should've been our main priority this summer.Would spend big on someone

Bronaldinho

To be honest, £4m for Lees sounds like an incredible amount of money and I for one hope we spend that on a better target..
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

fulhamben

Quote from: Bronaldinho on July 12, 2015, 11:45:52 PM
To be honest, £4m for Lees sounds like an incredible amount of money and I for one hope we spend that on a better target..
doesnt sound like we are casting our net further afield in this window. other than a loose link with the player from the dutch league then it all seems to be from the championship. i want to know why we arent looking at the greek leagues. the finacial melt down there must surely have a knock on effect to their football. there must be some great bargins to be had where clubs will be looking for a bit of capitol to get them through these tough times.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

mike_corkcity12

spikey norman

Quote from: spikey norman on July 12, 2015, 11:25:29 AM
Portuguese newspaper A Bola reporting that Sporting Lisbon interested in signing Mitroglou after failing to land Ricky van Wolfswinkel from Norwich.
Sporting want to tie up the loan  deal by tomorrow which is around £720,000 with a purchase  option
If this deal does go through and Sporting  take up their purchase option hopefully the agreed figure between  two clubs  is enough for us to recoup much of our outlay on Mitro.

alexbishop

Quote from: fulhamben on July 13, 2015, 12:19:07 AM
doesnt sound like we are casting our net further afield in this window. other than a loose link with the player from the dutch league then it all seems to be from the championship. i want to know why we arent looking at the greek leagues. the finacial melt down there must surely have a knock on effect to their football. there must be some great bargins to be had where clubs will be looking for a bit of capitol to get them through these tough times.

Yes, I would have thought given Rigg's contacts we would be a little more creative in the market (there is still time though). Yes, Championship experience is important - but will only get us so far - if we get promoted they need to be able to compete in the Prem. Nothing stopping us from pulling some of the best talent out of League 1 - players approaching their peak who have potential to perform well in the league.
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

MJG

Quote from: alexbishop on July 13, 2015, 10:37:19 AM

Yes, I would have thought given Rigg's contacts we would be a little more creative in the market (there is still time though). Yes, Championship experience is important - but will only get us so far - if we get promoted they need to be able to compete in the Prem. Nothing stopping us from pulling some of the best talent out of League 1 - players approaching their peak who have potential to perform well in the league.
I'll keep banging this pov,  but it's get promoted then you still need to buy 5/6 starters for the prem. The jump in quality is so big now as we have seen.
Players like Pringle and Cairney may well get us up,  but not quite be good enough for PL. What you do then is sell them back to championship clubs who also want promotion. And you then replace them with the quality needed... Who won't join a lower lge team.
The hope in the meantime is that the 3/4 youngsters you have around the matchday squad progress to a point where they are good enough for the PL.
It's a sad state of affairs,  but as we saw in the Tigana year,  get 100 pts and he still spent 30m in August to improve the squad. And that was back in 2001.

FPT

Tom Lees is the best centre back of those we've been linked with.

Rhys Lightning 63

Rumours are that Kostas is off to Sporting on loan to team up with Bryan
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: MJG on July 13, 2015, 10:44:35 AM

I'll keep banging this pov,  but it's get promoted then you still need to buy 5/6 starters for the prem. The jump in quality is so big now as we have seen.
Players like Pringle and Cairney may well get us up,  but not quite be good enough for PL. What you do then is sell them back to championship clubs who also want promotion. And you then replace them with the quality needed... Who won't join a lower lge team.
The hope in the meantime is that the 3/4 youngsters you have around the matchday squad progress to a point where they are good enough for the PL.
It's a sad state of affairs,  but as we saw in the Tigana year,  get 100 pts and he still spent 30m in August to improve the squad. And that was back in 2001.

Guessing the McDonald and Dunk talks have fallen through mate? Gone very quiet, would love Dunk

MJG

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on July 13, 2015, 11:47:31 AM

Guessing the McDonald and Dunk talks have fallen through mate? Gone very quiet, would love Dunk
Yep,  goal posts moved at last minute on one. Need to either go back with big bids, wait till end of window and go back or move on.

fulhamben

chelsea sign stokes begovic. hopefully an end to their betts interest, if there was actually any in the first place
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

alexbishop

I would hope that 50% of the players we bring in this summer we can take with us into the Prem and the other 50% to be decent Championship squad players who we can move on next season if we do go up. We still have to be a little forward thinking in my opinion.
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

mike_corkcity12

Nick Powell wasn't chosen to travel with the Utd squad to America. Could be a decent loan signing?

westcliff white

would have been yes, but think with the additions we have made we probably have enough in that position.
Every day is a Fulham day

MJG

Quote from: alexbishop on July 13, 2015, 01:53:37 PM

I would hope that 50% of the players we bring in this summer we can take with us into the Prem and the other 50% to be decent Championship squad players who we can move on next season if we do go up. We still have to be a little forward thinking in my opinion.
Of course you do,  and I think a 50/50 call on signings this summer is a good call.

Tonywa

[/quote]

100 points to get promoted, 30 million spent in the transfer market to improve and then we were nearly relegated. Just shows the difference between the divisions.

McBride78

I agree to an extent.  If the youth academy is where we place priority, and we buy young players who are improving, we can transition to the PL with less investment and sustain our place there.  I do believe we have some young player who are future PL quality.  I also think some of the players we are linked with could be PL quality players as well, at least during a first campaign where staying up is the goal.