The Official 2015 Silly Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 03, 2015, 11:35:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Craven Mad on July 17, 2015, 04:26:12 PM
Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on July 17, 2015, 04:20:34 PM
Quote from: mike_corkcity12 on July 17, 2015, 03:23:12 PM
LVC to Villa to replace Delph?

Thought that he'd stated that he was staying. Or, am I thinking of someone else?

He did. But there've been photos taken of him arriving at City's premises for a medical... He's such a flake.

Man City money is just too good to pass up. He's a quality player. I just don't think he's going to progress playing for them. They'll continue spending and spending on players while they chase titles and fail and he'll eventually be overlooked and on the bench.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

fulhamben

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on July 17, 2015, 04:38:06 PM

Thought that he'd stated that he was staying. Or, am I thinking of someone else?

He did. But there've been photos taken of him arriving at City's premises for a medical... He's such a flake.

Man City money is just too good to pass up. He's a quality player. I just don't think he's going to progress playing for them. They'll continue spending and spending on players while they chase titles and fail and he'll eventually be overlooked and on the bench.

and fail? they have been very good at winning trophies lately. i wouldnt mind failing like them
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: fulhamben on July 17, 2015, 04:39:47 PM
Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on July 17, 2015, 04:38:06 PM

and fail? they have been very good at winning trophies lately. i wouldnt mind failing like them

They've won twice since they were bought by Mansour. Over that time period, it wouldn't surprise me if they'd outspent 2-3 of the remaining top 4 or 5 combined. By "failing" I did not mean to imply that they haven't been successful or that they won't ever be again. But, for the money they spend, they've lost out on the title more than they've won it which will continue. And when they fail to win, they spend and spend big. A player like Delph will fall victim to that approach to "buying" titles. This was my point.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Bronaldinho

They're in the market for Sergi Darder, Ljajic and they've just signed Gueye.

LVC isn't a target now.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

grandad

Not read it but the Sun have reported that Bournemouth want to sign Scott Parker. Don´t get this one.
Where there's a will there's a wife

fulhamben

Quote from: grandad on July 18, 2015, 08:36:01 AM
Not read it but the Sun have reported that Bournemouth want to sign Scott Parker. Don´t get this one.
yeeessssssssss

Craven Mad

Premier League experience, a good leader, won awards for his performances at Spurs and would be available cheap - I can see why they'd want him.

BUT - he's been nicknamed "Mr Crop Circle" for a reason.. Other than spinning in circles and passing backwards, he offers little in the middle. Admittedly he can be the one to get an attack going when everyone else's heads have dropped, but I don't think he's well-suited to the pace/style of play in the Championship - mainly because what's considered a foul in this league is a far higher threshold than in the Prem (so his little circles/drawing fouls to get freekicks is useless, instead we just lose possession).

Still, I would be interested to see if anyone had some stats for results with/without Scott last season - I might be totally wrong and he's the heart and soul of our team!

If he does go, I'd have no ill-feeling to Scott. He seems a top bloke and the epitome of a consumate professional...

Domino1879

Good business if we can offload and save the reported £70k per week wages

FulhamStu

He is not part of our future and his wages will be off the scale in this division.  He would not get in my first 11 Fulham team with our current players and the saving in his wages should allow us to pay (what will be needed) to get Dunk and McDonald.
Assuming Not so Superglue is loaned or sold, this would leave only Amor as a player on Premiership wages.  A fantasticly quick clear out of over the top, over paid, players that Jol assembled.

Wearethewhites

If Parker goes, then we'd definitely need another DM.

Craven Mad

Quote from: Wearethewhites on July 18, 2015, 10:25:29 AM

Agree with this completely.

If we shift Scotts wages - and get a small fee too - we might be able to push-the-boat-out and stump up the extra Wolves want for Kevin McDonald

fulhamben

Quote from: Craven Mad on July 18, 2015, 11:05:01 AM

If we shift Scotts wages - and get a small fee too - we might be able to push-the-boat-out and stump up the extra Wolves want for Kevin McDonald
i dont think kevin is an actual dm though, more like a deep lying midfielder. ie more of a murphy than a dickson or papa diop type

FulhamStu

Quote from: fulhamben on July 18, 2015, 11:09:22 AM
Quote from: Craven Mad on July 18, 2015, 11:05:01 AM

i dont think kevin is an actual dm though, more like a deep lying midfielder. ie more of a murphy than a dickson or papa diop type
Whilst se have a lot of MF players, McDonald is exactely that still missing. Breaks up play - give it to the offsensive player.  Very mobile tall and got good experience.  LVC could play this role, however I prefer LVC going forward.  LVC has in fact got everything if he can find the form of last season.  Potentially an amazing player and alongside Cairney, OHara, Pringle we would have a superb midfield.

Bronaldinho

Think we'd be sad to lose Parker. Will make one of the best coaches in the near future. His experience, commitment and passion for the game alone pays for his wages despite his legs not being 100% anymore.

What he still offers in terms of teaching and experience is priceless. But, I'd wish him all the best if he did leave. A lovely area to retire in and close to relation, Harry Arter.

If he left, I'm sure he'd get a lovely send off from the Fulham fans. Absolute true gent and the perfect role model for anyone growing up in the game.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

MarryatsChild

Quote from: Bronaldinho on July 18, 2015, 11:36:53 AM
Think we'd be sad to lose Parker. Will make one of the best coaches in the near future. His experience, commitment and passion for the game alone pays for his wages despite his legs not being 100% anymore.

What he still offers in terms of teaching and experience is priceless. But, I'd wish him all the best if he did leave. A lovely area to retire in and close to relation, Harry Arter.

If he left, I'm sure he'd get a lovely send off from the Fulham fans. Absolute true gent and the perfect role model for anyone growing up in the game.

Well said!

Max Headroom

He has always put 100% effort in, but for me unfortunately he is a 60 minute player and as a defensive midfielder last season was not great, although on occasion he did play well.

Unfortunately too many twirls and backward passes. If your midfield doesn't go forward you remain under pressure.....

We can't rely on him being fit, and given his cost I think it's a win win if he goes to a Premiership side

He has been a good player for us in a time when we have generally been really poor.

sunburywhite

Quote from: Bronaldinho on July 18, 2015, 11:36:53 AM

Don't forget that he paid some of the kids fines that Mad Felix imposed on them for something silly
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Swiss72

Odds for Dunk to FFC have narrowed again at 2/5 from 5/4 a couple of days ago. For what it is worth....

WORTHINGFULHAM

you cant pay top wages to a player who can only produce in 60\70 percent of a game due to getting older, especially in the championship as we found out last season, a true professional but we need players who are able to perform 100 percent at any given time, keep him as a coach but as a player I think his day has about come. :Haynes The Maestro:

Friendsoffulham

Wolves ‏@OfficialWolves  11m11 minutes ago
Video to follow but Kenny Jackett has told Wolves Player that Kevin McDonald didn't figure today due to being  unsettled.