The Official 2015 Silly Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 03, 2015, 11:35:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Friendsoffulham

Jacob Murtagh ‏@jacobmurtagh  13m13 minutes ago
Fulham are reportedly close to signing Everton's Luke Garbutt on loan #ffc #efc
http://mirr.im/1CRovGy 

Horsfield_No9

Some Daily Mail writer says we have now won the race to sign Garbutt.

https://twitter.com/Matt_Barlow_DM
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

SKSW6

We're gonna have a pretty young back 5 at this rate, assuming we bring in Dunk/Tarkowski/Lees to partner Burn/Hutch.

Arthur

I think that the fact we play Brighton in the second game of the season may be something of a sticking point.

Clearly, were Brighton to sell Dunk, it would not be a popular decision with their supporters. Imagine how the criticism towards Hughton and the chairman would intensify if he were to perform well and help us to victory against his old club so early in the campaign.

It may be that Brighton have agreed/will agree a fee with us, but only if we agree to the caveat that he won't depart until the week following the fixture between us.

Craven Mad

SSN saying that Barry Bannan is free to leave Crystal Palace.

He wouldn't be the first name I'd go for, but he plays LM/CM/RM - which is pretty much ideal for our new formation/style of play. He's also in the last year of his contract, still only 25, has Championship experience and speaks the language etc. I think he'd be of a similar standard to Pringle/Cairney/LVC but would add some much-needed competition/depth...

Got a good write-up for his time on loan at Bolton in the Championship last year: http://www.whoscored.com/Players/70100/

I don't know, he might not be exactly what we need, but an injury to Cairney/LVC would leave us a little exposed in some key areas.. Might be a good addition if we can get him cheap.

Jonaldiniho 88

Quote from: Craven Mad on July 23, 2015, 10:48:26 PM

He wouldn't be the first name I'd go for, but he plays LM/CM/RM - which is pretty much ideal for our new formation/style of play. He's also in the last year of his contract, still only 25, has Championship experience and speaks the language etc. I think he'd be of a similar standard to Pringle/Cairney/LVC but would add some much-needed competition/depth...

Got a good write-up for his time on loan at Bolton in the Championship last year: http://www.whoscored.com/Players/70100/

I don't know, he might not be exactly what we need, but an injury to Cairney/LVC would leave us a little exposed in some key areas.. Might be a good addition if we can get him cheap.

I would have loved him before this window but think we would be over strengthening right now. Decent player.

Craven Mad

Quote from: Jonaldiniho 88 on July 23, 2015, 10:57:23 PM
Quote from: Craven Mad on July 23, 2015, 10:48:26 PM

I would have loved him before this window but think we would be over strengthening right now. Decent player.

Fair, pretty much my feeling too... I guess we are pretty set for left-footed CMs!

Still, Barry would be a useful utility player for the midfield, plus he's been effective in the prem - which'd be great if we do happen across a playoff spot and get lucky..

Jonaldiniho 88

Quote from: Arthur on July 23, 2015, 08:40:53 PM
I think that the fact we play Brighton in the second game of the season may be something of a sticking point.

Clearly, were Brighton to sell Dunk, it would not be a popular decision with their supporters. Imagine how the criticism towards Hughton and the chairman would intensify if he were to perform well and help us to victory against his old club so early in the campaign.

It may be that Brighton have agreed/will agree a fee with us, but only if we agree to the caveat that he won't depart until the week following the fixture between us.

It's a good point you make. They seem to be asking a lot but if we sold an untested Roberts for 4-5ish then a good prospect who is up to the challenge in this league is arguably worth similar. Young, talented CB's who have every chance of improving should really be worth more than what is generally paid. Maybe Brighton know he has that much that one more season and he will be picked up by a big club. One more year of him playing and more money if they sell to a top club.

FPT

I agree with Jonaldinho on Barry Bannan, he'll be a good player for someone but probably not needed here.

Skatzoffc

Quote from: rweller86 on July 22, 2015, 12:46:21 PM
Quote from: Wearethewhites on July 22, 2015, 12:44:27 PM
If we go into this new season without signing any defenders, it'll be absolutely suicidal. Can't see how the manager can turn around and say 'He's happy', not unless he's protecting current players, or players coming in.
We have signed one defender. But yes, disappointing if we don't sign any more (CB and LB).

:plus one:
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Chesh

According to this,talks have stalled between Kevin Macdonald and Wolves

http://www.shropshirestar.com/sport/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/2015/07/24/kevin-mcdonalds-wolves-talks-stall/

Wolves fans now labelling him a greedy bar-steward and saying he can do one 'cos he's **** anyway'!

Probably now down to us if if really want him....
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

grandad

Apparently The Blue Poo have tabled a bid of £2.5 Mil for Bettinelli. Are they having a laugh.Another one to join the other 30 to go on loan somewhere never to be seen again.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Wearethewhites

I have this feeling that we're still going to pursue both Dunk and McDonald, but end up getting the pair late doors. 

Black, White and Fred

Quote from: Craven Mad on July 23, 2015, 01:40:06 PM
Something on Twitter about Eisfeld returning to Bochum on a permanent deal.

Not sure how likely this is, but I think it's fair to say we have a heap of midfielders now and Eisfeld isn't going to be one of the first on the teamsheet...

He looks good on the right wing and we are very short in that department, don't want to see him leave.
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

Lighthouse

Blackburn want 10 milliion plus James Husband for Rhodes. That maybe why Husband was never linked to here.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

TrexFFC

Jonaldiniho 88

Is it just me or is McDonald needed? With Ohara, Parker, tunni and hyndman we are definitely not short of numbers in that position. He may well add quality but why sign Ohara? Don't get me wrong I would be happy if he signed but we will end up with a lot of midfielders on the wage bill without seeing much from them.

God The Mechanic

Alfred Finbogasson (who I believe was our back up when Mitroglou signed) has just joined Olympiakos on loan - suggesting that Mitroglou won't be going back there this season.  That'd leave either Sporting being the only currently linked team, or him spending at least the first few months of the season with us.

BedsFFC

Quote from: Jonaldiniho 88 on July 25, 2015, 05:17:44 PM
Is it just me or is McDonald needed? With Ohara, Parker, tunni and hyndman we are definitely not short of numbers in that position. He may well add quality but why sign Ohara? Don't get me wrong I would be happy if he signed but we will end up with a lot of midfielders on the wage bill without seeing much from them.
He played for wolves today, so, looking less likely.

Jonaldiniho 88

Quote from: BedsFFC on July 25, 2015, 06:14:48 PM
Quote from: Jonaldiniho 88 on July 25, 2015, 05:17:44 PM
He played for wolves today, so, looking less likely.

Thanks for the info.