more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official 2015 Silly Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 03, 2015, 11:35:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonaldiniho 88

Quote from: Craven Mad on July 27, 2015, 04:44:55 PM
If losing Kostas meant we could get someone like Dwight Gayle in, I'd say that would be an upgrade given our needs/position.

Really? A loaned in player over a champions league experienced striker we own? Having seen his goals in the u21's and the Greek fans who joined the board when he signed this guy has something. I'm not saying your wrong but I'm not sure your right.

Craven Mad

Quote from: Jonaldiniho 88 on July 27, 2015, 06:56:19 PM
If losing Kostas meant we could get someone like Dwight Gayle in, I'd say that would be an upgrade given our needs/position.

Really? A loaned in player over a champions league experienced striker we own? Having seen his goals in the u21's and the Greek fans who joined the board when he signed this guy has something. I'm not saying your wrong but I'm not sure your right.

I didn't actually say loan, but I'd agree that'd be the most likely route for Gayle right now.

I did also qualify my point, saying that it'd be an upgrade given our needs (a quicker, more terrier-like striker) and our position (the Championship, not Champions League).

I certainly wouldn't argue that Dwight Gayle is a better striker than Kostas Mitroglou, just that Dwight would probably be a better tool for the job we require...  

Also - playing the probabilities - I'd rather safer bet and invest in a younger English league talent, than an older Greek league player who even his biggest fans agree isn't the same after an injury.

Having said that, Kostas is an unknown quantity, and could turn out to be the best striker in the league if he stays... I wouldn't be disappointed to see him here when the season begins, but I don't expect it.

Swiss72

Fofana on loan to Bastia in Ligue 1 for one year. Could have been good to see him back for one year.

Jonaldiniho 88

Quote from: Craven Mad on July 27, 2015, 07:05:20 PM
Quote from: Jonaldiniho 88 on July 27, 2015, 06:56:19 PM

I didn't actually say loan, but I'd agree that'd be the most likely route for Gayle right now.

I did also qualify my point, saying that it'd be an upgrade given our needs (a quicker, more terrier-like striker) and our position (the Championship, not Champions League).

I certainly wouldn't argue that Dwight Gayle is a better striker than Kostas Mitroglou, just that Dwight would probably be a better tool for the job we require... 

Also - playing the probabilities - I'd rather safer bet and invest in a younger English league talent, than an older Greek league player who even his biggest fans agree isn't the same after an injury.

Having said that, Kostas is an unknown quantity, and could turn out to be the best striker in the league if he stays... I wouldn't be disappointed to see him here when the season begins, but I don't expect it.

No need to qualify your point I'm not saying you are wrong. It's almost chalk and cheese between the two. Owning Mitro would be better than renting Gayle IMO. I also think something has to be taken from how Gayle really hasn't been fancied by palace under various managers. With kaka, pringle, lvc, cairney and super Ross we have an attack that could cause havoc in a flowing side. In smith we have a good goal scorer and awkward player for teams to play against. I think Mitro could be our giroud. Gayle strikes me as very maverick and not one to hold a position. Much like Ross. I worry with them both they would step on each other's toes. Both dropping deep or both pushing on. Nothing that can't be solved with practice.

Wearethewhites

Dwight Gayle? We've got more chance of getting a full blown Gale.

Craven Mad

Diagouraga would be a good signing, but weren't we rumoured to be after him months ago?

Seems like the journos are out of ideas and have been reprinting old rumours...

f321ffc

Quote from: Craven Mad on July 28, 2015, 04:09:57 PM
Diagouraga would be a good signing, but weren't we rumoured to be after him months ago?

Probably right there but very short on news/rumours at the moment so as you say probably old news. 049:gif
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Craven Mad on July 28, 2015, 04:09:57 PM

Saw the same. Thought the same.

Also seen a Portuguese rumor that Miguel Lopes would be a make weight of some sort for Mitro to Sporting. Doesn't make too much sense though, given we've signed Richards already. Anyway, it's on the twitterverse.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Mince n Tatties

Craven Mad

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 28, 2015, 05:21:13 PM
Dunks medical is taking a long time....

After Mitrog's insta-injury after signing, Khan's obviously insisting on a minimum 6-month medical for any signing over £2m.

FulhamStu

Quote from: Craven Mad on July 28, 2015, 05:53:11 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 28, 2015, 05:21:13 PM
Dunks medical is taking a long time....

After Mitrog's insta-injury after signing, Khan's obviously insisting on a minimum 6-month medical for any signing over £2m.
Cairney cost £3.5M mate.   I think you need a happy pill.

Wearethewhites

Brighton are the 2/1 favourites to sign Derby defender Richard Keogh. Either strengthening or getting ready to replace Dunk?

Craven Mad

If Kevin McDonald isn't a goer I would seriously - and controversially - say that Joey Barton would be a really strong alternative.

I know his reputation - and I'd much rather Kevin - but we surely can't put all our eggs in one basket with less than two weeks until the season begins.

Just like KMac, Barton's a modern ball-playing DM, which'd fit in perfectly with the style of play we're trying to implement.

He's available on a free, hasn't attracted the top-level interest he might have expected, has recent Championship promotion experience, is still only 32, isn't injury-prone (avg >30 appearances a season for the past 5 years), an experienced leader and isn't as indisciplined as many think (averages less than 1 red a season).

I'm not sure what his wages would look like, but a 1-year contract with an option of a further year (like O'Hara) could dig us out of a hole...

Ordar

God The Mechanic

Quote from: Ordar on July 28, 2015, 10:48:40 PM
I wouldn't move OHara from that position

I'm unconvinced by his defensive abilities which would leave our defence in the same position it was last year, even if we do sign a new central defender.

Southdowns White

I was told last night that a price has been agreed between Fulham and Brighton for Dunk but his wages are the sticking point, we do not want to break our pay structure. This came from someone connected with Brighton not Fulham.

alexbishop

Quote from: Southdowns White on July 29, 2015, 08:00:16 AM
I was told last night that a price has been agreed between Fulham and Brighton for Dunk but his wages are the sticking point, we do not want to break our pay structure. This came from someone connected with Brighton not Fulham.

Think we should break the wage structure for a centre back - in desperate need now to strengthen before first game of season. Bet his agent would know that too.
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

Mince n Tatties

Sgt Fulham

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 29, 2015, 10:20:34 AM
Berbie on way to Villa...

Losing their two star players and bringing in Berbatov...I know how this one ends!