more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official 2015 Silly Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 03, 2015, 11:35:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Texas White

Quote from: MJG on August 02, 2015, 02:42:14 PM
Just to clarify yet again I have not said sell him or get rid. Fine for me as a plan B, but not a starter, not given the movement we need now with the players we have in midfield. They will be looking for runners and players into space.Something that Smith is not that great about.

Sent from my Lenovo A5500-F using Tapatalk

Yes the supersub when its 75 mins and you need a goal.
Mitrogula/Smith/Ross all at once. That should a handful for even the best defence.

No way we should lose Matt Smith in my humble opinion.

Skatzoffc

Quote from: Craven Mad on August 02, 2015, 02:38:37 PM
But the argument from the Smith to go fans is to ignore the empirical evidence that he scores goals and offers good link-play with Ross, and just say "he's rubbish, he should go"... This isn't a debate like "who's our best CB?" as there are useful statistics to quantify what Matt brings to a team, which is being flat-out ignored by those who see a tall striker and instantly brand him "a long-ball lump" - which couldn't be more wrong in this instance.

From my seat, I rate him, I do think Gayle or Mitro would be better options next to Ross, but Matt is a class above Cauley and Moussa (currently), likely to be a 15+ goal striker, can use both feet, causes trouble in the opposition box, useful for defending and attacking set-pieces, is very different from the other strikers we have and won't be costing too much.

I see no benefit in letting him go. Even from the bench or as a rotation option I think he's a valuable squad member.

:plus one:
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

westcliff white

Stuart Dallas having a medical at Leeds apparently. Thought he was a decent player a couple of years back.
Every day is a Fulham day

Green Machine

http://shoot.co.uk/english-quartet-chase-french-u-21-international/

However, West Ham have since been in advanced talks with him according to other sources.

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: westcliff white on August 03, 2015, 10:10:54 AM
Stuart Dallas having a medical at Leeds apparently. Thought he was a decent player a couple of years back.

Couple of years back? Before last season no one had heard of him

westcliff white

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on August 03, 2015, 10:32:28 AM

Suppose it depends who you are LOL, I thought the season before last he was very good and maybe one we should have looked at.

westcliff white

Brentford off loading another winger it seems Moses Odubajo having a medical at Hull

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: westcliff white on August 03, 2015, 10:37:08 AM

Suppose it depends who you are LOL, I thought the season before last he was very good and maybe one we should have looked at.

Are we talking about the same player?
Season before last he was out on loan at Peterborough or Northampton?. Last season was his real breakthrough season. Important player for Brentford  and is getting moved on because he is a "Warburton man ".

westcliff white

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on August 03, 2015, 12:27:57 PM
Quote from: westcliff white on August 03, 2015, 10:37:08 AM

Are we talking about the same player?
Season before last he was out on loan at Peterborough or Northampton?. Last season was his real breakthrough season. Important player for Brentford  and is getting moved on because he is a "Warburton man ".
I believe we are I said once we went down that he was someone we should look at. Agree with you he is being moved on as he is a Warburton man.

Craven Mad

Bamford, Wickham, Murray, Campbell, Gayle - surely no space for all of them in in a 4-3-3 with Zaha and Bolasie.

1 space, 5 players.

Come on Gayle - be a hero and join us!

McBride78

I am not sure if it will be or should be Gayle, but I think we need a striker.  Obviously we need defenders, but also a striker.  I think Trog would be fine if he stays, but if he goes we need someone a step above Smith/Woodrow/Dembele

Craven Mad

Quote from: McBride78 on August 03, 2015, 02:00:02 PM
I am not sure if it will be or should be Gayle, but I think we need a striker.  Obviously we need defenders, but also a striker.  I think Trog would be fine if he stays, but if he goes we need someone a step above Smith/Woodrow/Dembele

Gayle to us has been reported by many big names - including the Times - so I think there might actually be something in it.

He's definitely a step up from Smith/Woodrow/Dembele/Taggart. Only Mitro/Ross are arguably better, but Mitro might go, Ross (rightly or wrongly) is being played deeper and we do lack pace up front.

Gayle would offer the pace to get in behind defences and will cause Championship defences plenty of problems - on loan with an option to buy would do us very well methinks!

Ordar

I don't mind the loan, if theres an option to buy. I'm not a fan of loaning players generally

BedsFFC

Frustratingly, I assume the future of Mitrolglu will have to be sorted before we can do this.

FPT

DWIGHT GAYLE UPDATE -

The Crystal Palace striker has followed a bloke called 'Abz Benco' on Twitter - his bio stating "Senior Neuromusculoskeletal Physiotherapist at Wanstead Clinic and Fulham FC...views are my own."

It well could be putting 2+2 together to make 5, but that to me smells like Dwight Gayle has followed the person/one of the people doing his medical.

https://twitter.com/dwightgayle/following

Northern Cottager

Quote from: Ordar on August 03, 2015, 02:08:36 PM
I don't mind the loan, if theres an option to buy. I'm not a fan of loaning players generally

He comes, we go up, he stays!

Northern Cottager

Quote from: FPT on August 03, 2015, 02:24:09 PM
DWIGHT GAYLE UPDATE -

The Crystal Palace striker has followed a bloke called 'Abz Benco' on Twitter - his bio stating "Senior Neuromusculoskeletal Physiotherapist at Wanstead Clinic and Fulham FC...views are my own."

It well could be putting 2+2 together to make 5, but that to me smells like Dwight Gayle has followed the person/one of the people doing his medical.

Hmmm, seems a bit of a random follow for nothing behind it... If he was to try and stir it he;'d follow the club or another player, surely ?

Wearethewhites

Quote from: FPT on August 03, 2015, 02:24:09 PM
DWIGHT GAYLE UPDATE -

Not being funny, but if you look at this blokes Twitter profile, he looks about 12.

brixology

Sakari Mattila medical?  I see that MJG is retweeting reports.  Who is that?