https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official 2015 Silly Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 03, 2015, 11:35:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Northern Cottager

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on August 05, 2015, 07:34:36 PM
Quote from: mike_corkcity12 on August 05, 2015, 07:30:03 PM
If the window was to end tonight, how would people rate it?

With Kostas gone, my rating would be "Poor", given the stated ambition(s).

Agreed. Foundations are there for a good squad. The defense is laughable and we seem to be playing a gifted CM at RW (The main reason he was supposedly upset at Rovers). Seems Kit and the team never learn their lessons and play the simple game. Good players in the right positions.

We need another striker and 2 CB's at least.

Craven Mad

Poor, in so far as we've lost our largest asset (Pat), our two most talented players (Bryan and Mitro), not sorted the contract situations of some of our most important players (Hyndman, Dembele and Betts are just 3 of a vast number in their final year) and not strengthened the area we needed to most.

I would say that I am very pleased with the additions of Cairney, Pringle and O'Hara though, and 2/3 more players of that ilk could transform this window from poor to very good.

Luffy86

Bronaldinho

@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

Craven Mad

Quote from: Bronaldinho on August 05, 2015, 08:15:37 PM
Sambou's on trial at Bolton!

Good luck to him!

Hope he can forge a decent career in football, even if not with us.

BestOfBrede

Here come the bad old days all over again! My ol man has always said "don't get to carried away, we always end up being let down!"
He's been watching the Whites since the 40s and has given up getting excited.

If we were really going for promotion then we would have pushed the boat out on a couple of targets/decisions. Be prepared for a mid table finish and loss of further youth potential!

JackyFulham90

Poor decision to loan Mitroglou. My optimism about promotion is quickly fading due to these strange decisions & our lack of a central defender coming in.

Steven Ageroad

You people amaze me, the window does not shut for over another 3 weeks and it's all doom and gloom already wait until the window shuts then if it does not meet your expectations then start having a moan. Have faith.

YankeeJim

Quote from: Steven Ageroad on August 05, 2015, 10:52:10 PM
You people amaze me, the window does not shut for over another 3 weeks and it's all doom and gloom already wait until the window shuts then if it does not meet your expectations then start having a moan. Have faith.

That just wouldn't be the way of some on here. Up until the latest RUMOR about the Trog, it was all peaches and cream because of the signing of three Championship level mids. Even the Khan bashing had subsided, except for a very few. Now we're back at it again. Everyone is certainly entitled to their opinion, even if it puts Chicken Little to shame. But that is just my opinion.      fp.gif
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

fulhamben

What is your faith based on though? It's not on our managers previous experience of getting things done. Nor is it on a reliance of our billionaires spending power to force us up the table. What exactly are we being patient for
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

YankeeJim

Quote from: fulhamben on August 05, 2015, 11:06:01 PM
What is your faith based on though? It's not on our managers previous experience of getting things done. Nor is it on a reliance of our billionaires spending power to force us up the table. What exactly are we being patient for

#1 case in point.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

fulhamben

Quote from: YankeeJim on August 05, 2015, 11:07:43 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on August 05, 2015, 11:06:01 PM

#1 case in point.
not really. I am one of those few that you mentioned. I can see how we are stripping the squad of quality, and I don't see what you do to suggest that we will some how magically reassemble a decent squad.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

ToodlesMcToot

Sorry but, I've had tried having faith since the Dems left us. At some point, those words begin falling on deaf ears/eyes.

We signed a Champions League striker to a contract a season and a half ago....to a long term deal. He knew he was coming to a club that was knee deep in a relegation scrap and that there was a fair enough chance at being relegated. He made a decision to take the money anyway. Now when his responsibilities don't match with his high sense of self worth he doesn't want to work for the club that pays his bills. Fair enough as well as we knew that would likely be the case. But he's a striker that is unmatched in this league.

Having said that, he could be called upon to help fire us back up into a league where both parties could make good on the contract they signed. Our stated ambition is promotion now yet, we've let him off the hook yet again without much hope of finding a replacement with half his talent. If Ruiz can stay and work for the club, then the Greek can.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

grandad

None of our best youngsters will sign a new contract & they will all be off. Nothing we can do about it. Betts, Hyndman, Dembele & LVC have all been got at & had their heads turned by the Roberts situation.
If they all leave they are all fools & I wouldn´t want them if they had no intention of going along the Fulham pathway.
We just will have to get over it & hope that the money gets re-invested NOW.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Friendsoffulham

06 Aug 2015 05:16:48
Rumour doing the rounds last night,Fulham
have turned their attention to Sunderland
Striker Steven Fletcher.
Only stumbling block is wages,but
he is keen on the move.

Craven Mad

Quote from: Friendsoffulham on August 06, 2015, 09:40:24 AM
06 Aug 2015 05:16:48
Rumour doing the rounds last night,Fulham
have turned their attention to Sunderland
Striker Steven Fletcher.
Only stumbling block is wages,but
he is keen on the move.

Fletcher's been crap for years now. More interested in cars that goals.

If Mitro goes and Gayles not an option I'd rather we stick with what we've got or go for someone like Gary Hooper, who was scoring regularly last year, is nearing the end of their contract and could do a job in this league.

Wearethewhites

westcliff white

if true not a bad option to have.  fletcher is better than smith
Every day is a Fulham day

Nero

I watch the telly see you young mangers like Howe and Monk talking sense looking professional and showing ambition for their clubs then I watch our videos and see Kit just not looking or sounding the part. Is it me but is he part of the problem why we aren't signing the players we want can he not sell the dream of Fulham back in the top flight. If ture 2 hours with Gayle after the Palace match how could we let him leave without signing surely Rigg and Kit must have been able to outshine Middlesbrough. Christ the lad wouldnt even have to move home to be with us.

jelmo

The baffling thing is that we received 11m for Roberts.... Where has that money gone? Are we just selling assets and pocketing the cash without using it to strengthen the team? So odd. How much have we actually paid for players this window? 4m at a push... Maybe less.