Main Menu

The Official 2015 Silly Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 03, 2015, 11:35:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrett487

Quote from: MJG on August 12, 2015, 10:43:33 AM
Quote from: fulhamben on August 12, 2015, 10:40:41 AM
Quote from: west kowloon white on August 12, 2015, 10:36:25 AM
Is Gayle at 6m and Dunk at,say,5 m plus all the add ons really possible within the "Fair" play rules MJG? Expectations followed by Khan criticism.
add ons will only count when activated. And we can go 13 mil over FFP if we wish
Well its not really over £13M is the max allowed loss under the FFP rules.

I have done my fag packet calculations and I still maintain that we could have a net spend of £10M and be well inside that loss figure. As someone who does not advocating going to a £13M loss I'm quite happy with that £10m net spend figure, which it seems we are willing to do for the right players.

You do realise that fag packet calculations can seriously damage your health?

Fulhamerica23

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on August 12, 2015, 03:14:10 AM
Quote from: Fulhamerica23 on August 11, 2015, 11:30:43 PM
Quote from: rusty shackleford on August 11, 2015, 11:19:40 PM
Is Tim Ream not supposed to be awful? I've only seen him a couple of times but wasn't impressed. Anyone know any better?

Was highly regarded in MLS and broke through quite quickly into the national team before signing on with Bolton. He's been pretty good overall throughout the years there, especially in the Championship. Think he's a very good Championship defender. Struggled at times in the EPL and never really lived up to the hype of a regular national team player. Just was recently called back for the Gold Cup, but wasn't first choice.

Versitile player. A center back back trade, but can go out on the left fullback position, or sit in as a defensive midfielder. Great left foot out of the back.

Probably why he's not considered to be a better CB. But, I will give him that he's likely one of the best passing CBs in the league. And if he was poor defensively, he'd never have been player of the season two seasons running.

Saw Dunk for the first time the other night, he's miles ahead a better defender. Think Ream would still be an upgrade to Hutch/Bodurov. Getting both would be very good business.

BestOfBrede

Quote from: MJG on August 12, 2015, 11:37:29 AM
Quote from: BestOfBrede on August 12, 2015, 11:10:23 AM
"People also don't take into account that we may have sold Roberts but how much of that was upfront? 2 million or so? rest in installments over x number of years and then a lot in add ons if certain targets are met".

Well that's our fault for agreeing terms, isn't it?
We should have said b*gger orf or pay up in full - it's not like they don't have the money is it!

But thats how we have done some of our deals in the past. Its normal practice to spread over two seasons usually, especally if a high fee.
I agree but we don't have the spending power of the top 5-6 Prem clubs and so have to pay in installments, I assume.
I just think that with the amount of 'silly' money Man Cty have been/are throwing around, we could have put our foot down on the Roberts deal. Especially as we are now having to deal with this rediculous ffp rule!

MJG

Quote from: BestOfBrede on August 12, 2015, 12:44:11 PM
Quote from: MJG on August 12, 2015, 11:37:29 AM
Quote from: BestOfBrede on August 12, 2015, 11:10:23 AM
"People also don't take into account that we may have sold Roberts but how much of that was upfront? 2 million or so? rest in installments over x number of years and then a lot in add ons if certain targets are met".

Well that's our fault for agreeing terms, isn't it?
We should have said b*gger orf or pay up in full - it's not like they don't have the money is it!

But thats how we have done some of our deals in the past. Its normal practice to spread over two seasons usually, especally if a high fee.
I agree but we don't have the spending power of the top 5-6 Prem clubs and so have to pay in installments, I assume.
I just think that with the amount of 'silly' money Man Cty have been/are throwing around, we could have put our foot down on the Roberts deal. Especially as we are now having to deal with this rediculous ffp rule!
trouble is only one buyer in the race and one year left on contract. We may have got 2M at a tribunel next year if we were lucky.

mike_corkcity12

Bristol City have bid accepted of £8million pound for Gayle plus they will waive their right to a 15% sell on clause that they are owed for Yannick Bolaisse. That is stupid negotiations by Bristol.

VamosFFC

Read on Twitter a bid has been accepted for Tim Ream for £2.4 million

fulhamben

Quote from: VamosFFC on August 12, 2015, 02:19:14 PM
can't see is getting Dunk as well if true. Kinda puts an end to the theory that there was money for the right player. As surely mcdonald and Dunk were the right player.think we will be more likely to get Marcus Gayle over Dwight too
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

horse1031

serviceable but not better than Burn or Hutch.  Kind of meh on this one.

KP_FFC

Hutch has really upped his game the past few games, i think 1 more cb is enough for us.

Anyone know what happened to that trialist Pino?

Northern Cottager

Quote from: KP_FFC on August 12, 2015, 02:44:39 PM
Hutch has really upped his game the past few games, i think 1 more cb is enough for us.

He's set up a vineyard with his pal, Grigio.

MJG

Started the u21 game on Friday, I'll be interested to see if he plays against Arsenal this week.

Sent from my Lenovo A5500-F using Tapatalk

KP_FFC

Quote from: MJG on August 12, 2015, 02:51:07 PM

Started the u21 game on Friday, I'll be interested to see if he plays against Arsenal this week.

Do you know if he was any good?
All I heard was that he likes to charge out with the ball at his feet

Denver Fulham

Quote from: horse1031 on August 12, 2015, 02:34:15 PM

serviceable but not better than Burn or Hutch.  Kind of meh on this one.

This is why some on this board are never satisfied by FFC business. The entire last 12 months has been spent slating Burn and Hutch and saying our CBs aren't good enough. Then we're rumored to be getting a two-time team player of the year in our league who's also a borderline international for the US, and suddenly he's not even as good as Burn or Hutch.

MJG

Quote from: KP_FFC on August 12, 2015, 02:52:50 PM

He has done that in every game I've seen him play. Last Friday he did it a couple of times, you can see he has played midfield and is very confident with it at his feet. I see it as a plus point as we don't have many, if any, CB's at the club who are comfortable doing that.

KP_FFC

Quote from: MJG on August 12, 2015, 03:00:32 PM
Quote from: KP_FFC on August 12, 2015, 02:52:50 PM

He has done that in every game I've seen him play. Last Friday he did it a couple of times, you can see he has played midfield and is very confident with it at his feet. I see it as a plus point as we don't have many, if any, CB's at the club who are comfortable doing that.

It is a plus, it's always a great way to start a counter attack which is what we're becoming fairly good at. If his defending and passing is good then will will be a decent signing.

jimmyc19

Barrett487

In a widely anticipated move, Albion have completed the signing of highly-rated German central defender Uwe Hunemeier from Bundesliga 2 side SC Paderborn in a deal that will have many fans nervously eyeing Fulham's advances for Lewis Dunk.

After flying into England last night, the 29-year-old passed his medical at the club's Lancing training centre this morning, and joins Albion on a three-year deal for a fee believed to be in the region of £1.5m.

Albion have been searching for an experienced central defender after the departure of Aaron Hughes at the end of the last campaign. In an area of the pitch where success is built upon the foundation of a deep understanding between players, it is not the norm to frequently rotate central defenders. Both Hunemeier's pedigree, and the transfer fee involved suggest that the German has not joined the Albion to stand in when injuries and suspensions arise, supplemented by the odd cup runout.

Fulham have led this Summer's pursuit of one of Albion's hottest properties, whilst Newcastle manager Steve McLaren is also known to be an admirer of Dunk. With a £4m offer reportedly declined, it remains to be seen if the West London club will return and to try and persuade the Albion they could live without Dunk.

http://www.northstandchat.com/content.php?529-Albion-sign-Uwe-Hunemeier

God The Mechanic

Quote from: fulhamben on August 12, 2015, 02:26:51 PM
can't see is getting Dunk as well if true. Kinda puts an end to the theory that there was money for the right player. As surely mcdonald and Dunk were the right player.think we will be more likely to get Marcus Gayle over Dwight too

The money may well be there - but that doesn't mean that the player or player's current club want the move to happen.

fulhamben

Quote from: God The Mechanic on August 12, 2015, 04:06:24 PM

The money may well be there - but that doesn't mean that the player or player's current club want the move to happen.

If the money was there we would have got bids accepted. Everyone keeps telling us that every player has a price. The fact that we couldn't even get a bid accepted says to me the money wasn't there and once again we have opted to lower the quality of player and there transfer fee.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

snarks

Not really Ben, it says we didn't meet their valuation. If Fulham bid £4 million, because that's what they think he is worth, and the other club say we want £6 million or no deal.

If Fulham decide he isn't worth the extra, than that is their decision, not an indication of money not being there.