more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official 2015 Silly Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 03, 2015, 11:35:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeuceBigelow

Quote from: Ordar on August 13, 2015, 06:58:43 AM
Can we please keep this thread just for transfer rumours? If people want to have a FFP argument can we do it on another thread please?
:plus one:
Riverside Block W

BedsFFC

I think the sensible money is on the fact that he has agreed to join us but brighton have stipulated that its after we play them.

If he lines up for them against us, I'm guessing he probably won't be joining as that is probably a stipulation we would have made.

Pre-match pressers on both sides should be interesting.

jayffc

Quote from: DeuceBigelow on August 13, 2015, 01:07:15 PM
Quote from: Ordar on August 13, 2015, 06:58:43 AM
Can we please keep this thread just for transfer rumours? If people want to have a FFP argument can we do it on another thread please?
:plus one:

Gladly!!

Arthur

Apart from our low offer for Tim Ream (for whom, if £1.4M is more than we are prepared to pay, we clearly are not committed to getting), our seeming lack of interest in other centre-backs these past two weeks suggests to me that we have an arrangement in place with Brighton for after the weekend: We'll make a new offer; they'll accept it; Dunk will have a medical and agree terms (which have probably been broadly discussed already.)

If Newcastle's interest is genuine, it could muddy the waters, but we should have asked Dunk (or his agent) the question: 'What if a mid-table northern PL outfit shows an interest in the meantime?' and at least have a verbal agreement that he will not let us down.

That's my guess.

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: Arthur on August 13, 2015, 01:39:18 PM
Apart from our low offer for Tim Ream (for whom, if £1.4M is more than we are prepared to pay, we clearly are not committed to getting), our seeming lack of interest in other centre-backs these past two weeks suggests to me that we have an arrangement in place with Brighton for after the weekend: We'll make a new offer; they'll accept it; Dunk will have a medical and agree terms (which have probably been broadly discussed already.)

If Newcastle's interest is genuine, it could muddy the waters, but we should have asked Dunk (or his agent) the question: 'What if a mid-table northern PL outfit shows an interest in the meantime?' and at least have a verbal agreement that he will not let us down.

That's my guess.

if dunk is a done deal (tongue twister !) then i don't think we would have made any offer at all for ream.

westcliff white

unless we want 2 more centre backs. personally i think 2 would be good business but 1 is a must
Every day is a Fulham day

fulhamben

That's my guess.
verbals mean nothing though, Mark Hughes shook mo's hand and then walked out. I'm very sceptical about all the noise about his dad saying he wants to come or him  himself saying the same thing. Because it either means we have permission to talk to him. And if so why has it not leaked. Or we are setting ourselves up for another tapping up claim. Or thirdly we made a bid. It was knocked back and that as it stands is the end of it
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

shnlwswlkr

£6.5/£7m for two centre backs of decent quality would be good, that's the only position I really see us as short in. I'd be very happy if we got two in.
Twitter - @shnlwswlkr

fulhamben

Quote from: shnlwswlkr on August 13, 2015, 01:48:36 PM
£6.5/£7m for two centre backs of decent quality would be good, that's the only position I really see us as short in. I'd be very happy if we got two in.
I'll take one. I think the hutch has improved. And burn and bod are not the worst in the world.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: fulhamben on August 13, 2015, 01:51:55 PM
I'll take one. I think the hutch has improved. And burn and bod are not the worst in the world.

Agreed. He's had his season to bed in, so to speak, and appears to be showing a bit of what we hoped we had paid for. Of course, it helps quite a bit to have a decent midfield in front of him. I think most Championship defenders would have looked much worse than they were, playing in our team last season.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Chesh

Quote from: fulhamben on August 13, 2015, 01:51:55 PM
Bod is absolutely awful (was on Tuesday as well), and always looks in a daze. Hutch's improvement is only relative to how bad he was last season, and Burn is only any good with someone better to carry him through - imo
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

ToodlesMcToot

Am I right to expect a Kit interview from Sarah B. today? Or will it be moved since we've had a midweek game?

Hoping to get some insight into imminent signings as well as an update on Jack's injury.

Lighthouse

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on August 13, 2015, 02:18:55 PM
Am I right to expect a Kit interview from Sarah B. today? Or will it be moved since we've had a midweek game?

Hoping to get some insight into imminent signings as well as an update on Jack's injury.

We at at home so sometimes Friday press conference.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

mike_corkcity12

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on August 13, 2015, 02:18:55 PM

Thursday for away games and Friday for home games

ToodlesMcToot

Damn! Was amped for that interview happening today. Oh well

Arthur

Quote from: fulhamben on August 13, 2015, 01:47:41 PM

That's my guess.

verbals mean nothing though, Mark Hughes shook mo's hand and then walked out. I'm very sceptical about all the noise about his dad saying he wants to come or him  himself saying the same thing. Because it either means we have permission to talk to him. And if so why has it not leaked. Or we are setting ourselves up for another tapping up claim. Or thirdly we made a bid. It was knocked back and that as it stands is the end of it

A verbal agreement isn't legally binding, it's true, but if Brighton have told us that there's no way they will allow him to leave prior to our fixture, the ball is in our court. We either pursue other options or we bide our time and hope to land our no.1 target.

Nonetheless, I'm not surprised you're sceptical; I've simply made a guess at what might happen and I'm sceptical myself as to the likelihood of it being correct.

mike_corkcity12

DONE DEAL: Brazilian centre back Eric Botteghin (27) from #FCGroningen signed a four-year deal with #Feyenoord.

Wearethewhites

For what it's worth, Oddschecker have removed all betting on Lewis Dunk's next Club.