https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official 2015 Silly Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 03, 2015, 11:35:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steven Ageroad

Quote from: The Rock on August 20, 2015, 11:57:32 AM
Quote from: mike_corkcity12 on August 20, 2015, 11:34:10 AM
Gazza on TFI says Khan is reluctant to release funds. That is that then, if true.

What is Khan's game?

Recent transfer activity would suggest that 110% accurate!

I'd wait till the end of the transfer window before commenting.

Wearethewhites

Gazza on TFI says Khan is reluctant to release funds. That is that then, if true.

What is Khan's game?

Why do you think Mike "Creative" Rigg was employed? To help aid all transfers and spend as little money as possible. In his interview with Kit and Ali Mac, he openly said that the Club was looking to be "creative" and bring in players that are "right" for FFC. In other words, as cheap as possible.

From that moment on, I then knew that Mr Khan had NO interest in investing that heavily in FFC, bit only enough to keep us afloat.

Like many others on here, I really want to know what his true intentions are.

mike_corkcity12

Quote from: Wearethewhites on August 20, 2015, 12:40:21 PM

What is Khan's game?

Why do you think Mike "Creative" Rigg was employed? To help aid all transfers and spend as little money as possible. In his interview with Kit and Ali Mac, he openly said that the Club was looking to be "creative" and bring in players that are "right" for FFC. In other words, as cheap as possible.

From that moment on, I then knew that Mr Khan had NO interest in investing that heavily in FFC, bit only enough to keep us afloat.

Why bother employ Rigg though? Why would Rigg take the job (apart form the quadrupling of his wages) ?

We are stagnating.

Wearethewhites

Quote from: mike_corkcity12 on August 20, 2015, 12:43:35 PM
Quote from: Wearethewhites on August 20, 2015, 12:40:21 PM

What is Khan's game?

Why bother employ Rigg though? Why would Rigg take the job (apart form the quadrupling of his wages) ?

We are stagnating.

So for augments sake, if Rigg is say on 100K a year, plus a bonus for being "creative" in the transfer market, thus saving Khan 10 million quid, he's going to take the job. Not saying it's like that, but football is a business these day.

I see it as the owner, manager, Rigg, Mac etc, being deluded enough to actually think they can get Fulham up on a budget (rolled in a with a few statistics here and there).

For a start, they kept hold of the wrong manager to attempt this.

westcliff white

vydra to forest on loan is shown on sky sports as a rumour
Every day is a Fulham day

Craven Mad

Quote from: westcliff white on August 20, 2015, 12:48:02 PM

Would be a good signing for Forest (or any team in this league). Guess Watford aren't convinced he can cut it at the top level...

spikey norman

Quote from: grandad on August 18, 2015, 05:38:21 PM
Bristol City have signed Andre Gray for £9 mil. How are they able to pay this sort of money while we only can raise petty cash & still not get Dunk and or Gayle in.
Sky saying Gray has turned down Bristol City and Hull are now favourites to sign him

Northern Cottager

Quote from: Craven Mad on August 20, 2015, 12:58:07 PM
Quote from: westcliff white on August 20, 2015, 12:48:02 PM

Would be a good signing for Forest (or any team in this league). Guess Watford aren't convinced he can cut it at the top level...

didn't they just sign him on a permanent?

fulhamben

Shock horror. Andre gray turns down bristol city
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Craven Mad

Quote from: fulhamben on August 20, 2015, 03:35:26 PM
Shock horror. Andre gray turns down bristol city

Honestly, what did they expect? City are acting like this is Football Manager.

westcliff white

I would have been surprised if he had gone there, Cotterill took Gayles rejection personally or that's how it came across when he was asked in a press conference about it, wonder how he will take this one

Wearethewhites

Quote from: spikey norman on August 20, 2015, 03:20:01 PM
Quote from: grandad on August 18, 2015, 05:38:21 PM
Bristol City have signed Andre Gray for £9 mil. How are they able to pay this sort of money while we only can raise petty cash & still not get Dunk and or Gayle in.
Sky saying Gray has turned down Bristol City and Hull are now favourites to sign him

At least there will be one worst team than us this season, we just need to find another 2 now.

grandad

I just don´t like this Khan bashing. How many times do some have to be reminded that we have FFP restrictions. Even if Khan wanted to spend £200 million on players he would not, under the rules, avoid the club being heavily fined & have an embargo on future transfers.
The days of MAF are no longer with us. We are only allowed to post losses of £13 million.
Read all the great articles by MJG. You will then understand a bit better.
The only other option is to do what Boro are doing & go for broke. I would not want my club to go this way. If Boro miss out they will be in big trouble.
Where there's a will there's a wife

westcliff white

I agree grandad but if the rumour is true and QPR are only going to get an 8 million fine for being 60 odd million over then it actually doesn't put you off going over.

But as I say I agree with you, we should not go down this route, at least until FFP has been clarified by the league after  the QPR judgement is official.

Chutney

Breaking FFP gets you a slap on the wrist, not worth playing by the rules in that case.
C O Y W

fulhamben

Quote from: westcliff white on August 20, 2015, 04:51:59 PM
I agree grandad but if the rumour is true and QPR are only going to get an 8 million fine for being 60 odd million over then it actually doesn't put you off going over.

But as I say I agree with you, we should not go down this route, at least until FFP has been clarified by the league after  the QPR judgement is official.
do we know how close we are to balancing the books though?
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

MJG

Quote from: grandad on August 20, 2015, 04:47:18 PM
I just don´t like this Khan bashing. How many times do some have to be reminded that we have FFP restrictions. Even if Khan wanted to spend £200 million on players he would not, under the rules, avoid the club being heavily fined & have an embargo on future transfers.
The days of MAF are no longer with us. We are only allowed to post losses of £13 million.
Read all the great articles by MJG. You will then understand a bit better.
The only other option is to do what Boro are doing & go for broke. I would not want my club to go this way. If Boro miss out they will be in big trouble.
On that subject read about how deep Bolton are in it here http://lionofviennasuite.sbnation.com/2015/8/19/9175719/wanderers-debt-and-new-owner-hunt-revealed

Sent from my Lenovo A5500-F using Tapatalk

MJG

Quote from: Chutney on August 20, 2015, 04:53:15 PM
Breaking FFP gets you a slap on the wrist, not worth playing by the rules in that case.
Tell that to Blackburn and Forest

Sent from my Lenovo A5500-F using Tapatalk