watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official 2015 Silly Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 03, 2015, 11:35:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ordar

If QPR only get 8m then they should scrap FFP. Its a ridiculously small fine in the grand scheme of things, especially if the spending gets you promoted.

I don't think FFP will survive anyway. The rich teams will eventually just break off into a "super league" and it would be too financially damaging for the leagues for that to happen.

Doesn't FFP breach European fair trade laws and employment laws anyway?

Northern Cottager

Quote from: Wearethewhites on August 20, 2015, 04:39:20 PM
Quote from: spikey norman on August 20, 2015, 03:20:01 PM
Quote from: grandad on August 18, 2015, 05:38:21 PM
Bristol City have signed Andre Gray for £9 mil. How are they able to pay this sort of money while we only can raise petty cash & still not get Dunk and or Gayle in.
Sky saying Gray has turned down Bristol City and Hull are now favourites to sign him

At least there will be one worst team than us this season, we just need to find another 2 now.

Lol. You sound like you've been coached by Kit.

mkras99

Tony Khan ‏@TonyKhan  14m14 minutes ago
It's official! Welcome @timream5 of @ussoccer #USMNT to @FulhamFC! This is great news for FFC, and there will be more great news coming soon

Steven Ageroad

Quote from: MJG on August 20, 2015, 04:56:36 PM
Quote from: grandad on August 20, 2015, 04:47:18 PM
I just don´t like this Khan bashing. How many times do some have to be reminded that we have FFP restrictions. Even if Khan wanted to spend £200 million on players he would not, under the rules, avoid the club being heavily fined & have an embargo on future transfers.
The days of MAF are no longer with us. We are only allowed to post losses of £13 million.
Read all the great articles by MJG. You will then understand a bit better.
The only other option is to do what Boro are doing & go for broke. I would not want my club to go this way. If Boro miss out they will be in big trouble.
On that subject read about how deep Bolton are in it here http://lionofviennasuite.sbnation.com/2015/8/19/9175719/wanderers-debt-and-new-owner-hunt-revealed

Sent from my Lenovo A5500-F using Tapatalk

Very interesting read, it shows how lucky we are with Mr Khan in charge and his prudent financial control.

BedsFFC

OK, can someone who knows FFP tell me this.

If we do break the rules and remain in this league. Do we get a fine or a transfer embargo?

And if it is the latter, is this because the rules have changed since QPR...sorry qpr broke the rules?

Oakeshott

Khan owns two major(ish) sporting clubs and has had one for over three full seasons and the other for over two.

Question: has any owner of one or more broadly comparable club for an aggregate of at least five years ever been so wholly unsuccessful in terms of percentage of games won? Financial prudence is important but so is achievement on the field.

BarryP

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2015/august/20/ream

Whites Sign Ream
Thursday 20 August 2015 17:00

The Club is delighted to confirm the signing of Tim Ream from Bolton Wanderers on a four-year deal for an undisclosed fee.

Having now obtained a work permit, the 27-year-old joins the Whites until 2019, with a Club option to 2020.

"I'm more than pleased to be here," Ream told the official website. "It's been a long tome coming now, over the past week and a half it's gone back and forth so I'm glad its finally sorted.

"The biggest thing was the history, walking into the training ground and feeling the vibe around the Cub and the success that previous American players have had here."

After playing for Chicago Fire Premier during his college years, Ream joined New York Red Bulls in 2010 and was ever-present in his debut season as they secured the Eastern Conference title. He was subsequently shortlisted for the MLS Rookie of the Year award, but lost out to Andy Najar.

In January 2012, Ream moved to Bolton to replace Gary Cahill who had just joined Chelsea, and went on to make 13 Barclays Premier League appearances in the second half of the campaign. He leaves Wanderers having featured 126 times for the club, and the last two years saw him voted Player of the Season by their supporters.

Ream made his first appearance for the United States in a 1-0 win over South Africa in November 2010, and now has 13 caps for the national side.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

MJG

Quote from: BedsFFC on August 20, 2015, 06:36:31 PM
OK, can someone who knows FFP tell me this.

If we do break the rules and remain in this league. Do we get a fine or a transfer embargo?

And if it is the latter, is this because the rules have changed since QPR...sorry qpr broke the rules?
If you get promoted then its a fine, if you stay down and break the rules its a transfer embargo with rules attached to that.
And no it did not change after QPR went up, that's why they can sign players.

Sent from my Lenovo A5500-F using Tapatalk

cmg

Quote from: Oakeshott on August 20, 2015, 06:38:30 PM
Khan owns two major(ish) sporting clubs and has had one for over three full seasons and the other for over two.

Question: has any owner of one or more broadly comparable club for an aggregate of at least five years ever been so wholly unsuccessful in terms of percentage of games won? Financial prudence is important but so is achievement on the field.

Joan Whitney Payson was founder/owner of the New York Mets when they started in the National League in 1962. They finished last with a record number of losses. For the next six seasons they finished last, last, last, 2nd from last, last and 2nd from last. In 1969 the 'Miracle' Mets won the World Series.
Hang on in there. (Although it is handy when there's no relegation.)

fulhamben

Quote from: cmg on August 20, 2015, 07:11:11 PM
Quote from: Oakeshott on August 20, 2015, 06:38:30 PM

Joan Whitney Payson was founder/owner of the New York Mets when they started in the National League in 1962. They finished last with a record number of losses. For the next six seasons they finished last, last, last, 2nd from last, last and 2nd from last. In 1969 the 'Miracle' Mets won the World Series.
Hang on in there. (Although it is handy when there's no relegation.)
probably helps that they get the choice of the best young talent every year through the draft too
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Lighthouse

Quote from: mkras99 on August 20, 2015, 05:38:11 PM
It's official! Welcome @timream5 of @ussoccer #USMNT to @FulhamFC! This is great news for FFC, and there will be more great news coming soon

I love the way this is almost universally ignored. Still I am looking forward to some great news.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Holders

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 20, 2015, 07:58:27 PM

I love the way this is almost universally ignored. Still I am looking forward to some great news.

If this is correct, it's encouraging and welcome communication. Let's hope we aren't disappointed.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

fulhamben

there's a whole thread on it, might have slipped to page two

Wearethewhites

Brighton in for Gayle and have heald talks by all accounts

Lighthouse

Quote from: fulhamben on August 20, 2015, 08:01:30 PM

there's a whole thread on it, might have slipped to page two

Oh thanks. I will have a search for it.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

fulhamben

Quote from: Wearethewhites on August 20, 2015, 08:01:38 PM
Brighton in for Gayle and have heald talks by all accounts
Gayle is fast turning into the new tom ince

FulhamStu

Quote from: Holders on August 20, 2015, 08:00:07 PM

If this is correct, it's encouraging and welcome communication. Let's hope we aren't disappointed.
Why would TK say this is there was not every chance of more better players coming in.   2 more players another CB and quick striker and goalscorer and we will have a good squad that should challenge and Kit will have absolutely no excuses to lack of positive results.  MF has been significantly improved.  Defence currently slightly better once Garbut returns.  Up front we are weaker, but that was not the problem last season.  A quick forward will give us much better balance.

fulhamben

Quote from: FulhamStu on August 20, 2015, 08:06:07 PM

Why would TK say this is there was not every chance of more better players coming in.   2 more players another CB and quick striker and goalscorer and we will have a good squad that should challenge and Kit will have absolutely no excuses to lack of positive results.  MF has been significantly improved.  Defence currently slightly better once Garbut returns.  Up front we are weaker, but that was not the problem last season.  A quick forward will give us much better balance.
someone spotted on tiff that in the Ream interview,  Ream himself suggests that some more money might be spent

Barry@ENF

Quote from: fulhamben on August 20, 2015, 08:11:48 PM
Quote from: FulhamStu on August 20, 2015, 08:06:07 PM

someone spotted on tiff that in the Ream interview,  Ream himself suggests that some more money might be spent
I do not want to rain on the parade, but Ream's comments are open to interpretation - he could be referring to the window as a whole. You might imagine too that during the signing process he would have been told about all the players to whom we are talking.

As to relying on a Khan quote, well, need I say more?

Of course, like everyone else, I will be F5'ing; but more in hope than expectation.

BestOfBrede