https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official 2015 Silly Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 03, 2015, 11:35:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KP_FFC

Quote from: Oakeshott on August 21, 2015, 06:18:46 PM
"dunk, a pacey striker and a new manager will be good"

Agreed. My priority would be manager first, then striker, then Dunk. (A good manager will be able to blend Ream and either Burn or Hutchinson into a decent partnership.)
i have a feeling ream will be a left back for us and not a centre back
plus i think hutchinson is good enough and needs a better partner in dunk

westcliff white

Garbutt will be left back when fit, for me Ream is signed as a centre back
Every day is a Fulham day

bucksfulham

JackyFulham90

Fulham should pay the money for Dunk get him in then bring Joe Lewis & Gary Hooper in on season loans then our squad is in a much better place

f321ffc

Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

f321ffc

Quote from: f321ffc on August 22, 2015, 07:56:34 AM
Time to walk away or ask how much they want. :dead horse:

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/albion/13619925.Albion_reject_bids_for_Dunk_AND_Stephens/?

Bit like buying a car, you make an offer seller turns it down  make another seller turns it down and so on until a handshake on the price.
Brighton have bought at least 2 maybe 3 central defenders this window so I think they are resigned to losing Dunk but are intent on pulling our trousers down on this deal, I haven't seen a long list of clubs after Dunk so maybe time to say ok keep him and see what their reaction is , as I said bit like buying a car go to walk away and suddenly a realistic price is mentioned, just a thought.
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Nero

for what Brighton are wanting for Dunk we could probably go and pay for a Premier League defender,

f321ffc

Quote from: Nero on August 22, 2015, 08:22:46 AM
for what Brighton are wanting for Dunk we could probably go and pay for a Premier League defender,

:plus one:
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

grandad

I wonder if at any time Brighton have been asked how much they want for Dunk. We then choose to either pay it or stick 2 fingers up.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Twig

Absolutely agree.  If we are to pay £5m plus for a CB then let's move on to new options.

Riverside

Agreed we need yet more options . How much would Jonny Evans cost ? ( sadly even if we could pay the transfer his wages would be a problem )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steven Ageroad

Quote from: f321ffc on August 22, 2015, 08:13:31 AM

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/albion/13619925.Albion_reject_bids_for_Dunk_AND_Stephens/?

Bit like buying a car, you make an offer seller turns it down  make another seller turns it down and so on until a handshake on the price.
Brighton have bought at least 2 maybe 3 central defenders this window so I think they are resigned to losing Dunk but are intent on pulling our trousers down on this deal, I haven't seen a long list of clubs after Dunk so maybe time to say ok keep him and see what their reaction is , as I said bit like buying a car go to walk away and suddenly a realistic price is mentioned, just a thought.

Very well put, having been in the motor trade, I bet a lot of posters on hear don't see it that way. We don't know the finer details of the deal being offered or what's going on with Fulhams deals and it would be very Fulhamish for us to sign someone who has not been on the supporters radar. The next 10 days are going to be a very interesting with me and many supporters checking the web site every 15 minutes, just like kids at Christmas!!

cmg

Quote from: Steven Ageroad on August 22, 2015, 10:27:01 AM
Quote from: f321ffc on August 22, 2015, 08:13:31 AM

Very well put, having been in the motor trade, I bet a lot of posters on hear don't see it that way. We don't know the finer details of the deal being offered or what's going on with Fulhams deals and it would be very Fulhamish for us to sign someone who has not been on the supporters radar. The next 10 days are going to be a very interesting with me and many supporters checking the web site every 15 minutes, just like kids at Christmas!!

Aye. But, to continue the Motor Trade analogy, there's a big difference between strolling on to the forecourt casually remarking, 'I'm thinking I might trade up on my existing model. Got anything really tempting at a decent price?' and rushing into the showroom with holes in the soles of your shoes panting, 'My old car's knackered, I desperately need a new one, I've got a bunch of cash from selling off an experimental model I built myself and I've always wanted that new one you've just put in the window that everyone is after. How much?'

mkras99

Barrett487

18:03
FULHAM CLOSE IN ON LEWIS

Fulham are close to completing a short-term loan deal for Cardiff City goalkeeper Joe Lewis, according to Sky sources.

The Whites need cover for injured first-choice keeper Marcus Bettinelli, who is expected to undergo surgery on a knee-ligament injury and remain sidelined for a number of months. Lewis is Cardiff's third-choice keeper behind David Marshall and Simon Moore, and the 27-year-old is keen to go out and play regular first-team games.

After his side drew 1-1 at home to Huddersfield on Saturday, Fulham boss Kit Symons admitted the club had identified their target and were close to completing the deal.

Symons said: "We are looking to bring in a goalkeeper on a short-term loan deal. I have decided who that is and it is close to happening, so that will be a bit of good news. Marcus has damaged two ligaments – his MCL and PCL – and we are still waiting on surgeon advice on what the procedure is going to be. But he is going to be out for a good few months no matter what."

west kowloon white

So that Lewis is the deal we are close to..happy days.

f321ffc

Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

jelmo

Quote from: f321ffc on August 24, 2015, 08:45:24 AM
Will we ever sign him?

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/13621344.Albion_fine_Dunk_for_refusing_to_play_in_cup_tie/
If he is good enough to improve our team, then probably not. He might have a less effective eastern European cousin that we might sign... Thats way more likely

Julius Geezer

Gayle played for Palace on Saturday, not sure if that's a great sign for us.