more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official 2015 Silly Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 03, 2015, 11:35:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Craven Mad on August 26, 2015, 02:13:03 PM
I said a while back that I'd be looking at Yedlin if I were Rigg.

Now with Ream and Hyndman here, him being settled in London, and a need for an RB/RM with pace, I can see Yedlin being a good fit and wanting to come here.

Until Garbutt's back, I'd be happy with a back four of: Yedlin Ream Burn Jazz. Or, if we get another CB, stick Yedlin in RM, move Jazz back to the right and stick Ream at LB...

I think Yedlin would be a bit of a liability at RB until he got his feet good and wet, so to speak. He would be a nightmare for our opposition at RM however and could certainly fill in at RB should we be facing an emergency.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Craven Mad

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on August 26, 2015, 03:17:12 PM

Now with Ream and Hyndman here, him being settled in London, and a need for an RB/RM with pace, I can see Yedlin being a good fit and wanting to come here.

Until Garbutt's back, I'd be happy with a back four of: Yedlin Ream Burn Jazz. Or, if we get another CB, stick Yedlin in RM, move Jazz back to the right and stick Ream at LB...

I think Yedlin would be a bit of a liability at RB until he got his feet good and wet, so to speak. He would be a nightmare for our opposition at RM however and could certainly fill in at RB should we be facing an emergency.

But RB's his natural position? Agree he could do a job at RM, but surely he'd be more helpful in his actual position, right?

God The Mechanic

Quote from: Craven Mad on August 26, 2015, 03:27:30 PM

But RB's his natural position? Agree he could do a job at RM, but surely he'd be more helpful in his actual position, right?

Isn't he a RB in the same way Dani Alves is technically called a RB?

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Craven Mad on August 26, 2015, 03:27:30 PM

RB is where he was used with Seattle Sounders. I'm not saying he's a bad defender. However, he would meet more of our needs in attack and have a far more positive impact overall, I feel, as a RM. I think he'd relieve quite a bit of defensive pressure by being in midfield.

From what I've read from "in the know" reporting here in The US, pretty much all of the interest in Yedlin right now is as a RM/RW. No one is really looking at him for his defensive prowess.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

westcliff white

apparently Jon Walters is available for a price, not sure what it is though
Every day is a Fulham day

Asotosyios

Fulham considering bid for Huddersfield Town striker

Sky Bet Championship outfit Fulham are considering making a move for Huddersfield Town striker James Vaughan, a club insider from Fulham has informed Football League World.

The 27-year-old joined Huddersfield Town on an initial loan spell in 2013, which was made permanent in 2013 in a £600,000 deal taking him to West Yorkshire from Norwich City.

However, Vaughan has had a career plagued with injury, and particularly over the last couple of years, he's been an infrequent player for the Terriers, who face a constant battle to keep him off the injury table.

The ex-Everton striker has now been told that he won't be offered a new contract when his deal expires at the end of the season, subsequently igniting interest from Kit Symons' Fulham.

If any side could keep Vaughan fit he'd be a terrific player, and will guarantee goals in the Championship, but it remains to be seen whether the striker will ever be able to get his form and consistency back.

http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/fulham-considering-bid-for-huddersfield-town-striker/#8Qvt49O6xRk6UQEk.97

DevonFFC

Don't understated how is gray for Birmingham has a 4.7m release clause why wouldn't we trigger it and then talk to him before a prem club did. Do we not learn of these things before.  We have been calling for a winger.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

f321ffc

RE James Vaughan

"career plagued with injury and particularly over the last couple of years, he's been an infrequent player for the Terriers, who face a constant battle to keep him off the injury table.

The ex-Everton striker has now been told that he won't be offered a new contract when his deal expires at the end of the season, subsequently igniting interest from Kit Symons' Fulham."

Sounds just like the sort of player we seem to sign. 064.gif 090.gif 093.gif

Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

JudgeBread

An injury prone everton striker? where have i heard that before?

grandad

Please,please no more sick notes. Our physio squad is already more numerous than our playing staff.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Northern Cottager

Quote from: f321ffc on August 26, 2015, 07:54:52 PM
RE James Vaughan

"career plagued with injury and particularly over the last couple of years, he's been an infrequent player for the Terriers, who face a constant battle to keep him off the injury table.

The ex-Everton striker has now been told that he won't be offered a new contract when his deal expires at the end of the season, subsequently igniting interest from Kit Symons' Fulham."

Sounds just like the sort of player we seem to sign. 064.gif 090.gif 093.gif

Jesus Christ, no! Linked with some quality now a striker who can't get in Huddersfields side and he's always injured.

Chutney

James vaughan is terrible, seen him play numerous times and he honestly so so bad.
C O Y W

mike_corkcity12

They just made this up. "a club insider from Fulham has informed Football League World." Yeah right, Doris the tea lady is their source.

westcliff white

James Vaughn please no, would rather go out and loan 3 players than buy the like of him. If we want a pacey forward loan Gayle or buy him, go and test Brentford's resolve for Tarkowski, or ask West Ham about Collins not my type of player but reckon he could do a job for us.

Chutney

Demarai gray at 4.7mil would be a snip and should be our main target, imagine having an exciting pacey winger again.
C O Y W

westcliff white

Quote from: Chutney on August 26, 2015, 09:52:29 PM
Demarai gray at 4.7mil would be a snip and should be our main target, imagine having an exciting pacey winger again.
Before he signed his new deal I would have agreed, now they want around 8/9 million

Holders

Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: westcliff white on August 26, 2015, 09:21:58 PM
James Vaughn please no, would rather go out and loan 3 players than buy the like of him. If we want a pacey forward loan Gayle or buy him, go and test Brentford's resolve for Tarkowski, or ask West Ham about Collins not my type of player but reckon he could do a job for us.

when kit said 2-3 players coming in the other day, i was and am fearful that they may be of this calibre.

westcliff white

Quote from: westcliff white on August 26, 2015, 09:56:17 PM
Quote from: Chutney on August 26, 2015, 09:52:29 PM
Before he signed his new deal I would have agreed, now they want around 8/9 million
Didn't realize he had a buy out clause of 4.7 million, if that is true then we should be looking a that if we want pace out wide

westcliff white

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on August 27, 2015, 06:48:38 AM
Quote from: westcliff white on August 26, 2015, 09:21:58 PM

when kit said 2-3 players coming in the other day, i was and am fearful that they may be of this calibre.
Not sure which of the 3 i mentioned you refer too or if your referring to Vaughn.

re the three I mentioned Gayle would be decent for me, although I reckon we are waiting till the end of the window and trying for a loan move (with an option to buy), Tarkowski I doubt we will go for and Collins is not too bad. I think this is the level we are at these days, attracting better name players seems to be quite hard probably due to the last two seasons. Gray would be an exception I do think if we match the alleged release clause we may have a chance there.