watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Dreaded Triangle

Started by filham, July 08, 2015, 10:32:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

One of the reasons for Kit playing that narrow triangle in midfield was to use the talents of Ruiz to the best advantage and to cover up the lack of a real midfield dynamo.

Ruiz has now gone and we have signed three new midfielders, LVC and Parker are fit so the question is will Kit persist with the triangle or revert to a more conventional midfield with wide men.

I think Kit likes the triangle and we may well see a starting line up of:-

Cairney
                                                   Pringle            LVC
                                                            Parker

fulhamben

you know a triangle has 3 points dont you?
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

westcliff white

LOL fulhamben i thought that too.

For me we played the Diamond because it suited what we had in the squad, and even then it was a square peg, round hole type situation.

I am hoping we look at a progressive formation that also covers at the back something like a 4-2-3-1
Every day is a Fulham day

Apprentice to the Maestro

I didn't understand Kit's reasoning over many of his midfield formations or the explanation that it was to accommodate Ruiz.

Ruiz should have been playing further forward as the second forward. Playing him wide as part of the midfield where he was expected to defend was misusing his talents and exposing his weaknesses. He was willing to do a job, which was to his credit, but it was not the best for him or for the team.

FinFFC

I don't think Ruiz played that much wide last year AttM(?). Rather as the tip of the diamond.

I'd like to see 4-3-3, with midfield/forward as:
----------McC-------------
Pringle-----------Roberts
-----Cairney--LVC--------
------MacD/Parker-------

snarks

Cairney/O'Hara, LVC, Pringle with Tunni D/M behind Ross with maybe Roberts or Cole wide right would suit me

Actually I think there is an abundance of Midfield talant available at the moment in the squad, if Kaka steps up and G williams recovers it is 2 players at every position. I really liked Hyndman too from what I saw last season (and I've left Scotty out of the mix)

nose

i want roberts, ohara, and LVC all to play, is that possible?
who would be the fourth, Pasrker?
I think tunni is a waste of space, he tries hard and i commend him for that but lacks ability on the ball..when ross tried to set him up in the last game and he backed off that was a bad sign about his own self belief.

fulhamben

Quote from: nose on July 08, 2015, 11:47:07 AM
I think tunni is a waste of space, he tries hard and i commend him for that but lacks ability on the ball..when ross tried to set him up in the last game and he backed off that was a bad sign about his own self belief.
wasnt that because he wanted ross to complete hat trick though?
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Skatzoffc

Quote from: westcliff white on July 08, 2015, 10:40:26 AM

For me we played the Diamond because it suited what we had in the squad, and even then it was a square peg, round hole type situation.

I am hoping we look at a progressive formation that also covers at the back something like a 4-2-3-1

lol

I don't think you can get  triangle in a round hole......

:005:
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

nose

Quote from: fulhamben on July 08, 2015, 12:04:12 PM
it's one of the things..... i wasn't sure form the body language that was the case.... to me he looked unsure of himself..... most footballers would have grabbed the chance of being handed a seemingly easy chance.
whatever else I know he tries very hard but his basic distribution is far too wasteful, if he could really improve that he would become a good squad member.

leonffc

Quote from: fulhamben on July 08, 2015, 12:04:12 PM

Either lacking self belief or unprofessional. Ross only just went round the keeper there and could have done with him as a decoy or someone to pass to. OK it all ended well but I thought at the time that he could have helped him out a bit more.

FPT

I think we'll play either a 433 or a 4231 - which does mean Ross McCormack playing on his own up top, which I have reservations about. I don't want to see Lasse Vigen Christensen farmed out onto the right hand side where he'd lose a tonne of impact on games.

We'll learn more as pre-season goes on, in fact those going to the Under 21 game tonight may learn more than what is initially lead to believe.

Walsh

McCormack Woodrow
Pringle  Cairney     LVC   Roberts
Voser     Dunk?     Burn      ?
               Bettanelli

HatterDon

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

ToodlesMcToot

I'll see if my son will part with his set of blocks. This group seem to need them more than he does.  :005:
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

filham

Interesting to see that some of us are suggesting a place for Roberts in our line up. I hope he has developed over the last six months and is ready for Championship football next season.
A fast developing Roberts in our line up cold make the difference between us being a mid table team and a promotion chasing team.

WolverineFFC

Quote from: snarks on July 08, 2015, 11:35:29 AM
Cairney/O'Hara, LVC, Pringle with Tunni D/M behind Ross with maybe Roberts or Cole wide right would suit me

Actually I think there is an abundance of Midfield talant available at the moment in the squad, if Kaka steps up and G williams recovers it is 2 players at every position. I really liked Hyndman too from what I saw last season (and I've left Scotty out of the mix)

I think many are overlooking Hyndman. He played first team football last season with a handful of solid performances.  He is a year older and stronger, plus he is coming off a solid U20 World Cup performance this summer. I believe he is primed for a breakthrough similar to LVC last season.

PaulJ123

Quote from: WolverineFFC on July 08, 2015, 06:07:18 PM
Quote from: snarks on July 08, 2015, 11:35:29 AM

I think many are overlooking Hyndman. He played first team football last season with a handful of solid performances.  He is a year older and stronger, plus he is coming off a solid U20 World Cup performance this summer. I believe he is primed for a breakthrough similar to LVC last season.

I'd love Hyndman to start next season as a sort of quarterback midfielder (behind Cairney and LVC), would much prefer that to Parker playing there.

But it'll depend on signing Macdonald and what strange formation Kit has cooked up over the summer.

supersimmo123

I would go as below:

Parker
       O'Hara  Cairney
Pringle             LVC/Roberts
         McCormack

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: Skatzoffc on July 08, 2015, 12:49:42 PM
Quote from: westcliff white on July 08, 2015, 10:40:26 AM

lol

I don't think you can get  triangle in a round hole......

:005:

The square peg in a round hole is a misconception.

You can fit it easily if the round hole is 2 foot in diameter
and the square peg is considerably smaller.
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES